GDT: Labanc @ Gritty's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I mean, ideally, we just waive Macdermid because no one (I would think) would take that contract anyway lol. But I would guess we're just going to waive Foote.

I doubt anyone takes Foote either so like whatever but yeah. Rather have Halonen over both of them but as long as the face puncher never gets into a game then it’s fine to keep Halonen down in Utica playing games and hopefully they realize he’s the call up over Foote

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It’s an easy 4 guys min and I’m not a Nate hater. Labanc’s very clearly in a different stratosphere than the bum line of extras we brought and he’s better than Nate. You could argue Cotter too
As I keep saying, Bastian is right at that point where you kind of move on from that type of homegrown player. And I don't see him here beyond this year, for that reason.

And he's literally missed 40% of the games the last two years, almost all were injury scratches, not healthy ones.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
As I keep saying, Bastian is right at that point where you kind of move on from that type of homegrown player. And I don't see him here beyond this year, for that reason.

And he's literally missed 40% of the games the last two years, almost all were injury scratches, not healthy ones.

I think he still might be fine to bring back next year but it’d likely have to be as an extra on a min deal

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

I think he's still fine as a depth guy, but I wouldn't be counting on him to be a regular anymore.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think he still might be fine to bring back next year but it’d likely have to be as an extra on a min deal
I think this is it for him. I can't think of too many instances where teams retain a UFA/UFA aged player they drafted with a 4th line ceiling.

Girgensons is 30 years old now and has been with Buffalo forever though.

Reactions: My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
He's obviously not this good and likely on a crazy shooting bender.

But he's still excellent depth at a million for one year, which I suspect is the most he'll get from us.

He was pretty solid a couple years ago as a 3rd liner. I saw some Sharks fans say he seemed really disengaged last year which I imagine it would’ve been hard not to be on that team lol. I think he could be a solid 3rd liner again if motivated to be on a good team again.

IMG_7664.jpeg

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Labanc isn't going to be used on a 4th line here. Hopefully the Devils manage to keep him somehow, but he's not what they envision on the 4th line.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Labanc has earned himself a contract somewhere. I’d be fine with keeping him as quality depth and dropping Foote or Bastian.

But some other team might be willing to give him a larger role and more money that we can’t match.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Seems like a good fit given the massive hole this teams has in the top 6 and the cap space to only add a vet minimum contract.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Seems like a good fit given the massive hole this teams has in the top 6 and the cap space to only add a vet minimum contract.

I still think Tatar’s a better for the top 6 for now until he shows he can’t handle it. His strength being a complimentary support piece for better players who pushes play in the right direction and we saw him work magic with Nico. I think Labanc should fit nicely with Palat-Haula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad