Low Effort GDT LA Kings vs. Ottawa Senators (RDS2, TSN5)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
How does Peters not see and address this?!?!

What can he do? It really does look like Soogard has no idea how to track the puck or figure out how to catch on to reading plays and anticipating where the puck is likely going (or should be) to even get his eyes back on the puck. How do you even start to fix that?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hard to get a read after just 3 games, particularly with the performance we saw from Sogaard and Forsberg the other night.

xGA (2.24/60 this year vs 2.64) are way down, xGF (2.41/60 this year vs 2.55) a touch down. Again, hard to read too much out of that given it's only 3 games.
Of course it’s only 3 game. But it looks like what they’re trying is working so far.

I dono you could see what was happening on the ice on Monday. It didn’t look like a horrible defensive performance to me.

Pk was bad but the pk also couldn’t get a save just like the 5v5

We called up Soogard and Gaudette but no d-men. Good news for Zub or is that wishful thinking?
Jbd is already there.

Ullmark not being healthy is the worst news

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Of course it’s only 3 game. But it looks like what they’re trying is working so far.

I dono you could see what was happening on the ice on Monday. It didn’t look like a horrible defensive performance to me.

Pk was bad but the pk also couldn’t get a save just like the 5v5

Jbd is already there.

Ullmark not being healthy is the worst news

Exactly. To me that game did not play out as an 8-7 contest, if there was decent goaltending on both sides.

To me that was a 6-3 game for Ottawa if both goalies make some stops. They weren't perfect defensively and the PK was subpar but to me it was mostly on the goalies.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
What can he do? It really does look like Soogard has no idea how to track the puck or figure out how to catch on to reading plays and anticipating where the puck is likely going (or should be) to even get his eyes back on the puck. How do you even start to fix that?
Fair question, NMF. I don't know. I will assume that he sees the same things as the rest of us and does speak to the issues, but it is on the player to change. In my perfect world, Peters would drill it out of him. I don't know if that is possible or practical.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Did Sanderson and JBD play together in NoDak? I'd be tempted to just drop JBD in Zub's spot and see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad