Low Effort GDT LA Kings vs. Ottawa Senators (RDS2, TSN5)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He had that hustle and was great defensively.

On another note, MacEwen probably deserved the 1st star. Fought Jeannot in defense of Zub (whom in the past no one has really had his back) and destroyed him, got the 2nd goal to give the Sens some life, and the 5-5 tying goal late when things were starting to look bleak. He was mucking it up all game long and delivered some great hits. Also, he was great on the cycle and maintained some good offensive zone pressure.
All in 5mins of ice time

Crazy

Reactions: SensontheRush

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I have just started reading page 2 of this thread. I had taped the game to my PVR but the Rogers guide had it listed on another station so I missed the game. I see this thread is at 51 pages, I hope it's because they played so well everyone's commenting but I know that when they shit the bed, the threads get very long. I'm about to find out which way it went 😁.
See, you had it completely wrong: 52-page thread in a winning effort!

Reactions: LiseL

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Just watched the game on PVR, started watching right when the Sens scored their 3rd goal. I’d like to be excited about all the goals put up by the Sens, but I’d have to say that Kings team is pretty bad both on d and in net.

Glad the Sens won, but In general that’s not a game I enjoy… too many PPs most on borderline calls, and too much junior level defence by both teams. Give me a good hard fought 3-2 game over that crap any time.

Reactions: senswon and DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Just watched the game on PVR, started watching right when the Sens scored their 3rd goal. I’d like to be excited about all the goals put up by the Sens, but I’d have to say that Kings team is pretty bad both on d and in net.

Glad the Sens won, but In general that’s not a game I enjoy… too many PPs most on borderline calls, and too much junior level defence by both teams. Give me a good hard fought 3-2 game over that crap any time.
Definitely.

Also, I'm considering not watching games with Shitberg or Shitgaard in net. Not enjoyable at all.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Sens played overall much better but the goals were back breaking. You could hear the collective sighs and moans in the arena everytime LA had possession in the Sens zone.
They showed Alfie and Greene having a quick talk on the broadcast. I think it went something like this.
Alfie - You starting to understand?
Greene - It's different when you see it in real time.
Alfie - I told you.
Greene - We got work to do.
Alfie nods.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Nice to get the win and awesome for Josh Norris to have such a huge game. If he can get back to where he was heading before his injuries, it could help the rebuild tremendously. Hockey Gods have to spare him and keep him healthy for a while now.

Score was pretty tight but we dominated and that`s important. More possession, more shots, more scoring chances but we rely too much on the PP, even though we scored 4 at ES.

We still have the same issues about zone defense and goaltending. It`s pretty early so Ullmark will impact this like he did in game 1. We need to be better defensively.

Definitely.

Also, I'm considering not watching games with Shitberg or Shitgaard in net. Not enjoyable at all.

Foursberg and 5.00GAArd works perfectly, unfortunately

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Nice to get the win and awesome for Josh Norris to have such a huge game. If he can get back to where he was heading before his injuries, it could help the rebuild tremendously. Hockey Gods have to spare him and keep him healthy for a while now.

Score was pretty tight but we dominated and that`s important. More possession, more shots, more scoring chances but we rely too much on the PP, even though we scored 4 at ES.

We still have the same issues about zone defense and goaltending. It`s pretty early so Ullmark will impact this like he did in game 1. We need to be better defensively.

Foursberg and 5.00GAArd works perfectly, unfortunately
Having Norris as a legit 2nd line C transforms the look of this team entirely.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
He was great again

Defensive zone wasn’t all that bad. Opposing team is gonna get shots. And they’re going to get scoring chances.

Not terrible. A bit passive at times. Issues clearing the zone under pressure. Their eyes get big when there is a chance for offense and everyone flies the zone before full possession still. They limited the Kings at even strength for the most part though.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I thought that was a game where a lot of players were exactly what they need to be. Brady looked like a bull out there, physical and mad as hell. Sanderson was excellent at both ends of the ice, Timmy was shifty and creative, Norris with some snipes. Chabot I thought played a great game too. Outside of goaltending and the PK, a lot to like.

Hopefully some of our players can come out of that game with some consistency, because a lot of guys were doing exactly what we need of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad