Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
So I wanted to do a bit of forecasting on what next year's roster could look like. Who knows what will happen between now and next year, and a lot of it is probably wishful thinking, but that's kind of my thing.

Kempe - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Fiala - Byfield - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Iafallo - Lizotte - Kupari
JAD, Fagemo

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke/Spence
Bjornfot - Roy

Korpisalo
Copley

This involved some key signings:
- Gavrikov, 8 years, $4,500,000
- Vilardi, 3 years, $4,500,000
- Korpisalo, 3 years, $3,000,000
- Kupari, 1 year, $1,000,000
- Bjornfot, 1 year, $850,000
- JAD, 1 year, $775,000

And some key trades:
- Petersen and LA's 1st in 2024 to Arizona for a 7th
- Durzi to Montreal for Colorado's 2nd in 2024
- Walker to Buffalo for a 5th

And some guys on waivers:
- Grundstrom, Madden, Thomas, and Villalta.

The big question mark here is whether Kaliyev can play top six minutes or not. I think it's going to be a big offseason for him. I'd love to see Byfield back at center next year and playing with Fiala and Vilardi will be a great place to do just that. These guys aren't kids anymore, it's time to give them the minutes they need to succeed.

What's interesting about this lineup is that we get to keep Iafallo and Lizotte on the fourth line (with Kupari, Kaliyev, Fagemo, whoever really). That depth is going to be really, really important. I think Gavrikov would be a great partner for Clarke (or Spence) too.

Sorry for the wall of text!

Reactions: Lt Dan

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
WTH, Quick now 3-0 w/ Vegas! He just got a 33 save shutout against the Canes. Wonder if something went sour between him and goalie coach Ranford, or is it Vegas has a better defense that suites Quick's playing style?
It could just be that he needed a move. Now he’s no longer comfortable (not a criticism) he’s now fighting for his NHL life, trying to earn a spot next year. It could simply be that the move has reignited something in him. I hope he does well, apart from when we play them.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Quick has officially pissed me off.

If he brought even a fraction of that here, he'd be comfortably retiring with his friends.
I'm surprised you of all people would doubt his compete level. Maybe it's nice for him to play behind a team that doesn't quit on the game when it gets tough.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
You're putting words in my mouth.

Results matter.
"If he brought even a fraction of that here, he'd be comfortably retiring with his friends." Maybe you can elaborate on what you meant by that other than Quick was dogging it and decided to play better after he got traded.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
"If he brought even a fraction of that here, he'd be comfortably retiring with his friends." Maybe you can elaborate on what you meant by that other than Quick was dogging it and decided to play better after he got traded.
Quick got in a rut in LA and struggled getting out of it. Consequently, he couldn't bring his 'A' game he's showing now. That's not an indication of consciously mailing it in.

His location and situation changed, thus his routine changed.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Quick got in a rut in LA and struggled getting out of it. Consequently, he couldn't bring his 'A' game he's showing now. That's not an indication of consciously mailing it in.

His location and situation changed, thus his routine changed.
Id say its a jolt to your soul when you get traded. its a form of assassination - like a sudden death of a previous reality. That will definitely wake you up and re-evaluate whether you had/have more to give - because you have to ask yourself, do I really suck and do I want to go out this way? And JQ apparently said - hell no.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Quick has officially pissed me off.

If he brought even a fraction of that here, he'd be comfortably retiring with his friends.
I’m not there yet based on the small
sample size but If it continues I will probably get on board. I wish him well to a point but if he plays at the level of a no1 the rest of the way I’ll have a different take.

Reactions: cyclones22

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

It's not that deep.

He was playing like hammered dog shit here most nights.

He has not in Vegas most nights.

If he would have played like that here--whatever the reason--he'd be here.

Sorted by GSAA but plenty of good stuff here.

Kings Goalies:

1678654922512.png

Vegas Goalies

1678654963525.png

Could run it by rates to equalize games a bit more but the point looks the same.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
So I wanted to do a bit of forecasting on what next year's roster could look like. Who knows what will happen between now and next year, and a lot of it is probably wishful thinking, but that's kind of my thing.

Kempe - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Fiala - Byfield - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Iafallo - Lizotte - Kupari
JAD, Fagemo

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke/Spence
Bjornfot - Roy

Korpisalo
Copley

This involved some key signings:
- Gavrikov, 8 years, $4,500,000
- Vilardi, 3 years, $4,500,000
- Korpisalo, 3 years, $3,000,000
- Kupari, 1 year, $1,000,000
- Bjornfot, 1 year, $850,000
- JAD, 1 year, $775,000

And some key trades:
- Petersen and LA's 1st in 2024 to Arizona for a 7th
- Durzi to Montreal for Colorado's 2nd in 2024
- Walker to Buffalo for a 5th

And some guys on waivers:
- Grundstrom, Madden, Thomas, and Villalta.

The big question mark here is whether Kaliyev can play top six minutes or not. I think it's going to be a big offseason for him. I'd love to see Byfield back at center next year and playing with Fiala and Vilardi will be a great place to do just that. These guys aren't kids anymore, it's time to give them the minutes they need to succeed.

What's interesting about this lineup is that we get to keep Iafallo and Lizotte on the fourth line (with Kupari, Kaliyev, Fagemo, whoever really). That depth is going to be really, really important. I think Gavrikov would be a great partner for Clarke (or Spence) too.

Sorry for the wall of text!
Bro that 4th line horrible. The entire line up is soft.

And what about ZM - he’s a RFA.

Bjornfot is done with La - quote me.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
It's not that deep.

He was playing like hammered dog shit here most nights.

He has not in Vegas most nights.

If he would have played like that here--whatever the reason--he'd be here.

Sorted by GSAA but plenty of good stuff here.

Kings Goalies:

View attachment 667919

Vegas Goalies

View attachment 667920

Could run it by rates to equalize games a bit more but the point looks the same.

I'll always love Quick, but what I'm most pissed about if he keeps this up is if he brought any semblance of what he is bringing in Vegas, we would probably still have our first for next year. Petersen is also a nice scapegoat for that but that's just as much on JQ.

I'm surprised you of all people would doubt his compete level. Maybe it's nice for him to play behind a team that doesn't quit on the game when it gets tough.

Aren't the Kings one of the better teams at coming from behind this year? Seems like no lead is safe and they certainly don't give up.

I don't think he was flat out loafing it, but I can certainly see that he didn't have his traditional complete level this season.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Overplaying everything is not indicative of someone who's compete level is low.

He doesn't want to retire. Plans on coming back next year. Also not indicative of someone who's compete level is low.

In that game against Carolina, they zoomed in on his face, and multiple times he was smiling. Looked loose. Enjoying himself. More relaxed. Staying further back in the net. Not overreacting. Sometimes a change of scenery puts you in a different head space.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
We don’t know who ultimately makes the lineup decisions, TM could have full control or there could be heavy input from above. But we do know starting last season the mandate moved from development to winning, and he has won.

Reactions: lumbergh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad