Proposal: LA-DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Reminds me of Nylander for Jokiharju

Personally I would much rather have Turcotte. Potential, work ethic, position, and age all favor him
Turcotte is now in his D+3 season and producing at about a 0.55 PPG AHL player. This potential and ceiling people speak of isn’t manifested in his play. He played a rather meh single season at Wisconsin, last season derailed by Covid and this season he’s been hurt a bit and not particularly productive when playing on an otherwise top AHL team.

Turcotte is still getting by on 5th OA pick status at HF boards. His actual play doesn’t merit blue chip status. He’s no longer a blue chip. He has dropped at least a tier below that.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Zadina is still a sniper who sadly can't score atm. Excellent with and without the puck.

And this is appealing to someone who looks for a pure goal scorer how exactly?

Beside that, i am reading scout reports and most of them see him rather as a playmaking winger then pure sniper.
I trust professional scouts a little bit more than the opinion of people on a hockey board

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Turcotte is now in his D+3 season and producing at about a 0.55 PPG AHL player. This potential and ceiling people speak of isn’t manifested in his play. He played a rather meh single season at Wisconsin, last season derailed by Covid and this season he’s been hurt a bit and not particularly productive when playing on an otherwise top AHL team.

Turcotte is still getting by on 5th OA pick status at HF boards. His actual play doesn’t merit blue chip status. He’s no longer a blue chip. He has dropped at least a tier below that.

All this nonsense is pointless.
The Kings organization is super high on him and our high ceiling prospects will only go for similar ceiling prospects in a position of need.
If you want to talk wing youngster, think of Alexander Holtz like players. High potential and nothing else but goal scoring
Those guys will get our attention.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I’d do it from LA’s shoes.

Zadina has had some moments in the NHL. The talent is there. The consistency to show it nightly has not been.

You cannot view it from LA’s shoes.
It is not your team.
Your objectivity on this issue is very subjective.

Reactions: gbdet

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
And this is appealing to someone who looks for a pure goal scorer how exactly?

Beside that, i am reading scout reports and most of them see him rather as a playmaking winger then pure sniper.
I trust professional scouts a little bit more than the opinion of people on a hockey board

You're following some weird scouts if they report he's a playmaker :laugh: Whos the scout that thinks that?

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
If anything, Vrana returning is probably looked forward to by the office on behalf of Zadina.

Zadina on Vrana's line was Zadina's best hockey of his career.

Completely forgot he played with Vrana. Yeah that is true.

Also hilarious seeing Kings fans here praising Turcottes work ethic compared to Zadinas. If there is one thing Zadina has showed, its work ethic but in the NHL not the AHL. :sarcasm:

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Completely forgot he played with Vrana. Yeah that is true.

Also hilarious seeing Kings fans here praising Turcottes work ethic compared to Zadinas. If there is one thing Zadina has showed, its work ethic but in the NHL not the AHL. :sarcasm:

Zadina is all yours.
Kings do not want him

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
You're following some weird scouts if they report he's a playmaker :laugh: Whos the scout that thinks that?
In some of the updated reports from SpoFo and Dobber on Zadina it does refer to his playmaking ability.

Looking at Zadina’s games in the NHL and possession metrics seem to support these claims.

Coming out of Czechia and the Q he was touted as a scoring 1st line winger, but that has since changed to a playmaking 2nd line winger.

Zadina also hasn’t lit the world on fire yet in the goals department with only 4 goals thus far in this season, if Filip could reach double digits in goals for the first time in his career it would be somewhat of a step in the right direction for Filip and the wings.

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
Solid effort OP but Kings fans won't do this.
Vilardi for Zadina would be my counter offer. Wings get a playmaking center and Kings get a winger. They've scored at a near identical pace in their young NHL careers btw

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Solid effort OP but Kings fans won't do this.
Vilardi for Zadina would be my counter offer. Wings get a playmaking center and Kings get a winger. They've scored at a near identical pace in their young NHL careers btw

Thats probably closer

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
The 2nd most exciting part of this season aside from watching Raymond and Seider prove they are the best NHL prospects in the league, is watching Zadina & Rasmussen develop right in front of our eyes. Lately, each night they play they bring something special.

I'd rather keep Zadina. His swift puck skills, IQ, passing, and taking shots all over the ice that get through just like Ovi; his results should be chalked up as just getting unlucky. Because he looks dangerous every time the puck is near him.

He's going to have a breakout. You can see it coming. Especially seeing him creating chances out of nothing.

I feel like this would be a bad risk for Yzerman to make.

Wings fans see Raymond get drafted, then a short few months later as a 19 year old prove he's the best prospect in the world is getting in y'all's head. What Raymond is doing in the NHL happens like once every 6 to 12 years. Lol.

Zadina ain't Raymond. Not many are which is why he's so damn special.

Reactions: Hobnobs

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I actually love Zadina’s game but yeah I’d still probably do this. Love Turvotte/Vilardi and we really need a C to hit if we’re gonna be contenders. Raymond/Bertuzzi/Vrans/Berggren/Fabbri/Namestnikov should be really solid.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
I know its ez with hindsight but even then it was obv that zegras was better.

I had zegras way ahead of Turcotte who I thought was a more boring type of player 2c max

That's why you're the Legend123 and the rest of us are just out here humping doorknobs.

On topic, I like Zadina a lot as a player and think he'll still put things together. But I'd want more than just Zadina in a 1-for-1 swap for Turcotte.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
That's why you're the Legend123 and the rest of us are just out here humping doorknobs.

On topic, I like Zadina a lot as a player and think he'll still put things together. But I'd want more than just Zadina in a 1-for-1 swap for Turcotte.

Don't bother. He's the only one that would pick Caufield #1 in the 2019 redraft lol. Even Habs fans needed to sedate him.

Reactions: kinghock

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Zadina seems like he's got some skill that is untapped. Similar to Turcotte, but Turcotte plays with an edge. Not afraid to get his nose dirty. Not sure how Zadina plays. He's got good numbers, but that's playing in the Czech league. Not really sure how that translates to the NHL. I wonder if DET would be interested in any other LA prospects. Something like a B prospect forward+ for Zadina maybe?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Most Kings fans are significantly more likely to trade Vilardi than Turcotte, so perhaps something around Zadina and Vilardi would make more sense.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Most Kings fans are significantly more likely to trade Vilardi than Turcotte, so perhaps something around Zadina and Vilardi would make more sense.
That's interesting that you say that because I would rather trade Turcotte than Vilardi. Vilardi's more skilled and has a higher ceiling. He should be playing center in Ontario, but Turcotte's good and I wouldn't trade him right now.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
In some of the updated reports from SpoFo and Dobber on Zadina it does refer to his playmaking ability.

Looking at Zadina’s games in the NHL and possession metrics seem to support these claims.

Coming out of Czechia and the Q he was touted as a scoring 1st line winger, but that has since changed to a playmaking 2nd line winger.

Zadina also hasn’t lit the world on fire yet in the goals department with only 4 goals thus far in this season, if Filip could reach double digits in goals for the first time in his career it would be somewhat of a step in the right direction for Filip and the wings.

Most of his "assists" are from rebounds. He's definitely still playing like a sniper. Finding open space and shooting a lot.

And I already stated that for some reason the shots arent going in the net. Its going to be interesting to see what happens when Vrana comes back.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
The type of trade you proposed here are my absolute favorite type of trades.

A) they actually happen sometimes (high pick prospect swaps where the players just aren’t developing as hoped)

2) these deals have the most likely chance to turn out really lopsided if one guy thrives and the other busts in their new respective jerseys. That makes them fun to discuss for years and years.

last trade kinda like this was Fiala for Grunland, which Minnesota decisively won IMO.

neither Zadina or Turcotte has developed as much as expected or hoped. But neither is at Jake Virtanen bust status either. They still hold some value but not nearly as much value as when they were drafted. The high pick prospect swap is the most interesting way to spark a career or establish a bust. Few GMs have the stones to make these deals, but occasionally two get drunk enough and say, “F it, let’s roll the dice”.

I agree I love the idea of a high pick prospect swap, but they are extremely extremely rare. Fiala Granlund is not comparable at all because Granlund was like 27 at the time and was already a 1st liner.

I actually am not even sure when the last high value prospect swap happened. Maaaaybe Jokiharju for Nylander in 2019 but even that wasn't even close to two recent top-5 picks. Closest is probably Drouin Sergachev from 2017, but Drouin was already coming off a 50 point season so was not unproven like these two.

You'd honestly have to go back over 10 years to find a similar recent high pick swap where both guys are completely unproven at the NHL level, so it's incredibly unlikely imo

Last edited:

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I would be okay with moving on from Zadina under the right trade. And Vilardi would be the thing I’d look for. No spare parts .

I do get the feeling Zadina will explode with the right players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad