Proposal: LA-DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Right after Turcotte.

6) Sieder
7) Cozens

9) Zegras

good players that have already surpassed Turcotte also went at 10, 12, 15 and 16 OA. Even LA got one in round 2 of that draft.

2019 looking like a solid draft class. Better than 2018.

I remember eating a ton of shit about a year ago or so for suggesting that 3-10 in 2019 could be up there with 3-10 from 2015.

Still early in the 2019 kids' career, but Seider/Zegras/Byram/Cozens/Podkolzin all look pretty good right now.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Very little in Ontario? That’s nonsense.

The Kings have one of the top five AHL teams. They are in 2nd place out west. Turcotte is playing with one of the best AHL teams. In fact, there are only 3 AHL teams in the entire league with better record than LA Kings AHL team. So saying Turcotte has nothing to work with is BS.
A little research goes a long way.. as does reading comprehension guy. The Reign are led by Tynan and other AAAA players but nice try.
Again.. Austin f***en Wagner and Tyler Madden pre hot streak where his wingers for most of the season.

Reactions: kinghock

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Right after Turcotte.

6) Sieder
7) Cozens

9) Zegras

good players that have already surpassed Turcotte also went at 10, 12, 15 and 16 OA. Even LA got one in round 2 of that draft.

2019 looking like a solid draft class. Better than 2018.
I know esp Seider
wtf
LA must be depressed now

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
To be fair, the top 5 was pretty consensus going into the draft. Some had Turcotte going as high as #3, thinking Chicago might want him as he was local.

About the last week or so it became obvious that Chicago was going with Dach.
I know its ez with hindsight but even then it was obv that zegras was better.

I had zegras way ahead of Turcotte who I thought was a more boring type of player 2c max

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I know its ez with hindsight but even then it was obv that zegras was better.

I had zegras way ahead of Turcotte who I thought was a more boring type of player 2c max

I think there was a bit of safety seen with Turcotte. Seemed everybody thought he was a sure bet to be a Dylan Larkin comparable at the least. (Which is weird considering he hasn't exactly been as good as expected yet)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I think there was a bit of safety seen with Turcotte. Seemed everybody thought he was a sure bet to be a Dylan Larkin comparable at the least. (Which is weird considering he hasn't exactly been as good as expected yet)
larkin was always gonna be a high expectation for a prospect....

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
This is an interesting proposal, I believe both players would be well suited to the teams that would acquire them but I doubt either GM pulls the trigger on this deal, good proposal.

Turcotte is still in the developmental phase with only 1 shortened season in NCAA (19-20) and a shortened AHL season (20-21) plus the 18 games this season (21-22) after being drafted out of the USNTDP in 2019.

Blake has no reason whatsoever to rush Turcotte to the NHL when it’s better for Alex to get adjusted to the pro game after going though short seasons and not getting the development time that’s needed for a young player coming out of the United States national team developmental program.

Filip Zadina has 116 games of NHL experience plus the games Zadina played in Czechia.

Others have already elaborated on Filip’s struggles as a young NHLer as his scoring isn’t where it should be for a player that’s fighting to stay on the top 6 wing but Zadina’s playmaking abilities have improved without the puck as his possession metrics and quality are higher at even strength then they previously were.

Both teams should hold onto what they got and both players just need to work on their games at different stages in their careers thus far.

Reactions: funky

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
All those picks were debated at the time. Kings went with a 200 foot skilled and tenacious player. In hindsight of course Zegras should of been taken. Probably first overall in a redo no less. Lol at people calling him a bust when he hasn’t played a game yet.

I don’t know what his career points projections will be but I expect him to be a solid contributor to the Kings.

Reactions: kinghock

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Others have already elaborated on Filip’s struggles as a young NHLer as his scoring isn’t where it should be for a player that’s fighting to stay on the top 6 wing but Zadina’s playmaking abilities have improved without the puck as his possession metrics and quality are higher at even strength then they previously were.

Both teams should hold onto what they got and both players just need to work on their games at different stages in their careers thus far.

This is exactly why the Kings are not interested.
The purpose of trading a center for a winger is to get a goal scorer, not a playmaker

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Ledge And Dairy

The type of trade you proposed here are my absolute favorite type of trades.

A) they actually happen sometimes (high pick prospect swaps where the players just aren’t developing as hoped)

2) these deals have the most likely chance to turn out really lopsided if one guy thrives and the other busts in their new respective jerseys. That makes them fun to discuss for years and years.

last trade kinda like this was Fiala for Grunland, which Minnesota decisively won IMO.

neither Zadina or Turcotte has developed as much as expected or hoped. But neither is at Jake Virtanen bust status either. They still hold some value but not nearly as much value as when they were drafted. The high pick prospect swap is the most interesting way to spark a career or establish a bust. Few GMs have the stones to make these deals, but occasionally two get drunk enough and say, “F it, let’s roll the dice”.
Reminds me of Nylander for Jokiharju

Personally I would much rather have Turcotte. Potential, work ethic, position, and age all favor him

Reactions: go4hockey

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
it’s a good proposal overall and fits both teams in the need department.

Detroit will be forced very soon to do something when Vrana returns.

Turcotte would add to the Wings lot of prospects in its one weakness. Young high end C prospects. They’re also very familiar with Turcotte trained players. From his dad, uncle and grandfather. He’s like many young players. He’s just not ready to take on major responsibilities yet.

As for Zadina, he’s coming along very well and is evolving in front of our eyes. He’s starting to create his own chances and with his shot, he’s already dangerous on the PP..

So we’re talking about two very similar players in regards to development. Zadina is just a bit ahead of him. It fits the needs of both clubs though.

So yea, it’s a good proposal that both would probably look at with interest.

Detorit aren't forced to do anything when Vrana returns. It might be good to do something but there is literally no pressure.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
This is exactly why the Kings are not interested.
The purpose of trading a center for a winger is to get a goal scorer, not a playmaker

They said his playmaking improved. Not that he is a playmaker. Maybe you should actually read what people are saying and know something about the prospect first? Just a friendly advice. Zadina is still a sniper who sadly can't score atm. Excellent with and without the puck.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Why you telling Kings fans whats a good deal for their team? Turcotte wasnt even on the table for Eichel. Doubtful hes going anywhere and will probably wear a letter for the Kings in the future. His health is the only concern. He has to bulk up a bit before he makes the NHL and will be a top six center along with Byfield. I think centers like Vilardi, Kupari, Anderson Dolan are being made available in a package for Chychrun not lateral moves for unproven players.
Why you telling Kings fans whats a good deal for their team? Turcotte wasnt even on the table for Eichel. Doubtful hes going anywhere and will probably wear a letter for the Kings in the future. His health is the only concern. He has to bulk up a bit before he makes the NHL and will be a top six center along with Byfield. I think centers like Vilardi, Kupari, Anderson Dolan are being made available in a package for Chychrun not lateral moves for unproven players.

If Turcotte wasn't on the table for Eichel your GM should be fired immediately. It is absolutely ridiculous that he wouldn't be included in a trade for a top 10 center in the league. Especially with LA's depth when it comes to prospects at the position.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
If Turcotte wasn't on the table for Eichel your GM should be fired immediately. It is absolutely ridiculous that he wouldn't be included in a trade for a top 10 center in the league. Especially with LA's depth when it comes to prospects at the position.
Kings fans on this board would love it if the GM got fired

Reactions: Go Wings

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I don’t do this because I feel (as a casual observer of both teams) that turcotte has a higher floor AND a slightly higher ceiling than Zadina rn. I could see someone justifying it with Turcottes durability being a gamble, but if I’m LA I’m comfortable with that gamble as opposed to taking a lesser prospect

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Wings should keep Zadina and hope he develops, he won't progress in a Kings 1-3-1 system. Turcotte seems like a better fit for what they are trying to build. A 2oo foot player that can play Center\LW. Seems like that is the M.O for most drafted forwards recently.

If Turcotte had 116 NHL games under his belt it would of been easier to gauge where he is in his development and how close he is to his ceiling. But right now he still has tons of development left. I'll keep Turcotte in this trade scenario, Zadina doesn't move the needle for me, we already have Kaliyev that is progressing great for that role.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I do not believe Kings are your team and why you are talking from LA point of view?
Because it’s a discussion board about player value in trades. This one felt like a win for LA. Zadina > Turcotte IMO.

zadina has the higher ceiling.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detorit aren't forced to do anything when Vrana returns. It might be good to do something but there is literally no pressure.

If anything, Vrana returning is probably looked forward to by the office on behalf of Zadina.

Zadina on Vrana's line was Zadina's best hockey of his career.

Reactions: Hobnobs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad