Proposal: LA-DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I’d do it from LA’s shoes.

Zadina has had some moments in the NHL. The talent is there. The consistency to show it nightly has not been.

Last edited:

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I’d do it from LA’s shoes.

Zadina has had some moments in the NHL. The talent is there. The consistency to show nightly has not been.

I think the problem with him is that he doesn't play in the right system. Detroit has no natural playmakers. And, what he's been saddled with in Detroit doesn't lend to his skill set.

Reactions: lilidk

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Doesn’t move the needle for me from LA. Turcotte has skill and tenacity. All the intangibles are there too. Not sure if he will be a winger or not although that seems likely and that is perfectly fine. Only real concern at this point for me is durability.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I think the problem with him is that he doesn't play in the right system. Detroit has no natural playmakers. And, what he's been saddled with in Detroit doesn't lend to his skill set.
The type of trade you proposed here are my absolute favorite type of trades.

A) they actually happen sometimes (high pick prospect swaps where the players just aren’t developing as hoped)

2) these deals have the most likely chance to turn out really lopsided if one guy thrives and the other busts in their new respective jerseys. That makes them fun to discuss for years and years.

last trade kinda like this was Fiala for Grunland, which Minnesota decisively won IMO.

neither Zadina or Turcotte has developed as much as expected or hoped. But neither is at Jake Virtanen bust status either. They still hold some value but not nearly as much value as when they were drafted. The high pick prospect swap is the most interesting way to spark a career or establish a bust. Few GMs have the stones to make these deals, but occasionally two get drunk enough and say, “F it, let’s roll the dice”.

Last edited:

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Doesn’t move the needle for me from LA. Turcotte has skill and tenacity. All the intangibles are there too. Not sure if he will be a winger or not although that seems likely and that is perfectly fine. Only real concern at this point for me is durability.

Fair. I was very high on him in his draft year.

Even with the injuries, I still feel he can be a solid NHL center.

EDIT: Sorry, to add, I kinda see him as an Adam Henrique.

Reactions: LAKings88

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
turcotte over zegras

lol wth were they thinking
Right after Turcotte.

6) Sieder
7) Cozens

9) Zegras

good players that have already surpassed Turcotte also went at 10, 12, 15 and 16 OA. Even LA got one in round 2 of that draft.

2019 looking like a solid draft class. Better than 2018.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Fair. I was very high on him in his draft year.

Even with the injuries, I still feel he can be a solid NHL center.

EDIT: Sorry, to add, I kinda see him as an Adam Henrique.
You don’t go into a draft with a 5 OA pick and say. “Man I hope this guy becomes Adam Henrique.”

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The type of trade you proposed here are my absolute favorite type of trades.

A) they actually happen sometimes (high pick prospect swaps where the players just aren’t developing as hoped)

2) these deals have the most likely chance to turn out really lopsided if one guy thrives and the other busts in their new respective jerseys. That makes them fun to discuss for years and years.

last trade kinda like this was Fiala for Grunland, which Minnesota decisively won IMO.

neither Zadina or Turcotte has developed as much as expected or hoped. But neither is at Jake Virtanen bust status either. They still hold some value but not nearly as much value as when they were drafted. The high pick prospect swap is the most interesting way to spark a career or establish a bust. Few GMs have the stones to make these deals, but occasionally two get drunk enough and say, “F it, let’s roll the dice”.
Turcotte hasn’t developed according to who? the kid has done the most with very little in Ontario and is only being outproduced by last seasons MVP and a bunch of AAAA players.
being saddle with Wagner(who is terrible) and Madden who just now started producing affected his production.
The kid has shown a very high hockey IQ, playmaking, vision, grit, play driving ability and elite defense.. but wait, he hasn’t put up enough points so he’s a bust!
If it was Vilardi for Zadina maybe I could understand, but for Turcotte??? This thread is idiotic!

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Turcotte hasn’t developed according to who? the kid has done the most with very little in Ontario and is only being outproduced by last seasons MVP and a bunch of AAAA players.
being saddle with Wagner(who is terrible) and Madden who just now started producing affected his production.
The kid has shown a very high hockey IQ, playmaking, vision, grit, play driving ability and elite defense.. but wait, he hasn’t put up enough points so he’s a bust!
If it was Vilardi for Zadina maybe I could understand, but for Turcotte??? This thread is idiotic!
You could draw up a similar speech for Zadina. That's not saying Detroit would overpay, but Zadina's points are worse than his actual play as well.

Gruß,
BSHH

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
You don’t go into a draft with a 5 OA pick and say. “Man I hope this guy becomes Adam Henrique.”

Well, not exactly him, but the versatility.

I get it, just trying to convey that I think he'll be a solid player.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Probably either a late 2nd or early 3rd, I wouldn't give up much more then that. I don't believe that Blake was even willing to include Turcotte for an injured Jack Eichel. So it's doubtful that Zadina would get it done.

Would adding a mid round pick really sway anyone to say yes?

I don't mind an expansion of the deal, but attaching a pick just seems like arguing value.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I've been under the impression that Turcotte has an elite ceiling while Zadina's has dropped significantly recently. Is this not the case?

This is still the case.

While Zadina is still interesting, he is not the right one to trade Turcotte away.
I would expect a young winger with more potential or more proven goal scoring abilities

Reactions: kinghock

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
turcotte over zegras

lol wth were they thinking

To be fair, the top 5 was pretty consensus going into the draft. Some had Turcotte going as high as #3, thinking Chicago might want him as he was local.

About the last week or so it became obvious that Chicago was going with Dach.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
@McJedi thought this was interesting, so why not.

Turcotte for Zadina.

If you don't like it, please say why. I like discussion and feedback.

it’s a good proposal overall and fits both teams in the need department.

Detroit will be forced very soon to do something when Vrana returns.

Turcotte would add to the Wings lot of prospects in its one weakness. Young high end C prospects. They’re also very familiar with Turcotte trained players. From his dad, uncle and grandfather. He’s like many young players. He’s just not ready to take on major responsibilities yet.

As for Zadina, he’s coming along very well and is evolving in front of our eyes. He’s starting to create his own chances and with his shot, he’s already dangerous on the PP..

So we’re talking about two very similar players in regards to development. Zadina is just a bit ahead of him. It fits the needs of both clubs though.

So yea, it’s a good proposal that both would probably look at with interest.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Very little in Ontario? That’s nonsense.

The Kings have one of the top five AHL teams. They are in 2nd place out west. Turcotte is playing with one of the best AHL teams. In fact, there are only 3 AHL teams in the entire league with better record than LA Kings AHL team. So saying Turcotte has nothing to work with is BS.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Vilardi for Rasmussen is another interesting proposal.

I don’t think Vilardi gets Zadina. Kings add to that. Vilardi isn’t even a full time NHL player. He’s got 9 AHL games in this season.

for those that don’t know, Turcotte has just 3 goals and 10 points in 18 AHL games.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

I don’t think Vilardi gets Zadina. Kings add to that. Vilardi isn’t even a full time NHL player. He’s got 9 AHL games in this season.

for those that don’t know, Turcotte has just 3 goals and 10 points in 18 AHL games.
Why you telling Kings fans whats a good deal for their team? Turcotte wasnt even on the table for Eichel. Doubtful hes going anywhere and will probably wear a letter for the Kings in the future. His health is the only concern. He has to bulk up a bit before he makes the NHL and will be a top six center along with Byfield. I think centers like Vilardi, Kupari, Anderson Dolan are being made available in a package for Chychrun not lateral moves for unproven players.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

How about neither Zadina nor Rasmussen attract interest from Kings.
Detroit can trade them somewhere else or keep it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad