Confirmed with Link: L. Schenn and Lecavalier (each 50% retained) dealt to Kings for Jordan Weal & a 3rd

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I wish them both the best, Vinny could have made the situation way worse and i respect him for the fact that he didn't.

Also, i've been on since 04, rare to even see that any more. I lurked for a while before, got a bunch of infractions in my younger years from some current mods :cheers: solid board respect to the 02's!!

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
what are the odds you guys trade a defense and bam ghost gets hurt hope it's not too serious and a speedy recovery he's fun to watch

Manning gets a break from the pressbox I guess or we can now bring up someone better from LHV?
The Flyers had 8 D-Men before Luke was traded which was part of the reason he was traded.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Still have MacD to recall.:laugh:

Hoping/thinking short-term; with the Flyers playing at Home for three games or so... and LV fot ver far away... there is no extreme rush to add any Cap, as I see it.

Longer-term-wise, and for when they go on the Road; AMac would be the same Cap cost as any other $~900+K AHL Player, and only a little over the NHL Minimum... He is of course NHL seasoned/ready and would not disrupt the development of the Prospects who need to log greater minutes... especially if it would mean going as a scratch or playing low TOI as a Flyer.

FWIW, now that the Cap is not as tight, my immediate thought also was MacDonald... but without the laughing emoticon.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So doing some spy work on the Weal practice video.

While it might not mean much (you know practices...)

Weal was skating with Umberger/Laughton/Read. At one point he was centering Umberger & Read. Did see one rush in the video where he was on the left side with Laughton centering him and Umberger.

I dont think they practiced today so I guess that was yesterday. Wouldnt be opposed to a Weal-Laughton-Umberger line. Also from the video his locker is next to Giroux and Read (not that it means anything but next to the captain is nice. Hoping for the best with Weal.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Also a video of him (did someone post this? Too many pages in this thread haha)

Sheehan555

Some Kid from Boston
Sep 22, 2012
Tewksbury, MA
Hey guys, this thread is extremely deep but I'd still like to share my thoughts on Weal.

I'm a Bruins fan, and having had the Monarchs in New Hampshire for years, I went to many games. Weal is one of my favorite players in Hockey, and from what I saw in about 15-20 live games in Manchester/Providence, Weal really thrived on being the go-to guy. Very focused all game, never seemed to stray away from that focus either. Really wanted to be the guy who made the plays so you'd see him running their offense when he was out there. Plenty of talent in the kid, hopefully it comes out.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
So doing some spy work on the Weal practice video.

While it might not mean much (you know practices...)

Weal was skating with Umberger/Laughton/Read. At one point he was centering Umberger & Read. Did see one rush in the video where he was on the left side with Laughton centering him and Umberger.

I dont think they practiced today so I guess that was yesterday. Wouldnt be opposed to a Weal-Laughton-Umberger line. Also from the video his locker is next to Giroux and Read (not that it means anything but next to the captain is nice. Hoping for the best with Weal.

I read somewhere that he was no effective on the Wing... Center or nothing with him. That be the case, if the ever want Laughton to go down to the A for some serious TOI and work, giving Weal the opportunity would allow that... keeping in mind that Laughton can go down without Waiver and Weal would most likel be claimed if they tried to get him through waivers... and also the concerns with Weal at Wing... Again, if that case is true.

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Weal doesn't sound anything like Gagner to me...

Explain?

Skilled, a mobile but not particularly fast skater, not physical, diligent but below average defensively, a center who hasn't played wing.

In other words, a guy who needs to be, but isn't quite good enough for the top six?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Explain?

Skilled, a mobile but not particularly fast skater, not physical, diligent but below average defensively, a center who hasn't played wing.

In other words, a guy who needs to be, but isn't quite good enough for the top six?

From what I read he was described as tenacious and responsible defensively. That doesn't sound like Gagner at all.

Unless wherever I read that was incorrect, don't remember the source.

Edit: here's a couple of places with descriptions that describe him as being different to Gagner in a few ways

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=23324

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jordan_weal/

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
From what I read he was described as tenacious and responsible defensively. That doesn't sound like Gagner at all.

Unless wherever I read that was incorrect, don't remember the source.

FWIW... From what read, he was not at all very good coming out of Juniors but that was worked with in the Pros... and with his hard and determined work he was able to become more responsible defensively... but even with that he cannot be considered a player who can be turned to for defense in key spots.

I understand that the Kings would not use him in such situations, and that attributed to his low TOI... As a Third/Fourth line player I don't believe he could be used on Special Teams like they do with VV, PEB, White, Read, and if needed, Umby... But I suppose until he gets in a Game, we wont really know how Hack wants to use him... We do know that Gagner will never be on the PK and in defensive situations, however.

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
If he's above average defensively, then the comparison doesn't make sense. That wasn't my sense, but I'd love to be surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad