Rumor: Kypreos: Chychrun to the Kings for Clarke - UPDATE: Clarke has been told he's not been traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Fans love to put prospects off limits even though we’ve seen time and again that all of them are available if a GM is desperate enough.
Undisputed top prospects seldom get traded.

It does happen however. It usually is a disaster for the team giving up the prospect.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Fans love to put prospects off limits even though we’ve seen time and again that all of them are available if a GM is desperate enough.
Here’s the thing if it took Clarke to dump Petersen, and we get back a better goalie, then I understand. Clarke could be great or he could never even be as good as Chychrun is now. We’ll see. I will hold judgement until I see it all.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I guess we’ll see. Kypreos isn’t the most knowledgeable insider and I’ve never heard of Foley.

It is what it is. Chychrun and Vejmelka would certainly push the Kings into “serious contender” territory but there are so many questions. Does LA waive Quick? LTIR him? Trade him? Go with three goalies? Convert him to 3C?

Clarke’s probably going to be a great offensive defenseman in this league but it’s obviously not a guarantee. Many top ten picks pan out, many don’t. I’ve been surprised by the return on a lot of trades. LA picked up Fiala for Faber and a first. Is Chychrun worth potentially significantly more than that?

Here’s what LA’s lineup would potentially look like if it’s Clarke, Petersen, and some non-roster assets for Chychrun and Vejmelka:

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Fiala - Kupari - Vilardi
Iafallo - Lizotte - Kaliyev
JAD, Turcotte, Lemieux?

Anderson - Doughty
Chychrun - Roy
Edler - Durzi
Walker

Vejmelka
Copley
Quick?

Kings also have Bjornfot, Spence, Fagemo, Grundstrom, and several other prospects ready to come up and contribue.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Honestly I don't think the Kings core is good enough to be aging up like that. They did bring in Bergevin though who does that kind of thing. Look for the Kings to not extend a fan favourite career player next and sign a crap player about to retire to replace them.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Seems like it could be a mistake. It’s not like Chycrun’s old, but you don’t have a ton of long-term security.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Including Petersen for Vejmelka in this deal is a terrific idea for both sides. Helps the Coyotes get a better prospect for Chychrun and gives the Kings much needed goalie help.

Vejmelka and Quick as the goalie duo with Chychrun added to the top-4 D? I really like the Kings going forward.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I like Vej, and he would be a great help, but if this trade is Clarke plus several prospects, it will be a disaster for the Kings, or at least would help the Yotes. ...(Maybe the Kings are deep enough to lessen the damage, but still not a good trade,)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad