Player Discussion Kyle Okposo - Farewell Okie

Status
Not open for further replies.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I could see Okposo back for an additional year. But just one. 1 year 3 million, he would be the 13th forward in 23/24 but that would be 60 games played probably.

If we resign Hino multi-year deal then no.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Rest of nominees.

(Good: ) Okposo is certainly deserving of the Sabres nomination, and looking at the other nominees, will likely be a finalist...

(Bad: ) however, "Okie" will likely lose out to a retiring Ryan Getzlaf in Anaheim.

(Ugly: ) While in irony of ironies, Vegas Golden Knights PHWA nominated Jack Eichel. On one hand, if he won, that would add salt to the wounds of the two players above. OTOH, it may be the only hardware Eichel ever wins...

Reactions: Jim Bob

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Kyle playing 74 games at such a high level while setting the tone in the room is just as remarkable and unexpected as Tage's explosion.
With Skinner's resurgence and Dahlin waking up one day in January and deciding he wants to be a Norris candidate. This team desperately needs stable goaltending.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

michaelsaas

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Beaumont, TX
giving him the nickname 'Okie' when his initials are literally K and O...

why
Hockey nicknames are the worst, so lazy! At least go with something around Oak.

Don't even get me started on the lazy trend of creating a three letter word for line nicknames lol. If the French connection were today it would be called the RPM line (okay, that isn't a bad nickname lol - but my point still stands)

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018

Don't even get me started on the lazy trend of creating a three letter word for line nicknames lol. If the French connection were today it would be called the RPM line (okay, that isn't a bad nickname lol - but my point still stands)
I remember the video of Hinostroza hyping up the team before a game and he was going down the line and it was Power's first game so he stuttered and was like "we got Krebzy! we got..... Powzy!" :laugh:

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

I love our guys but they're all just the people off Shoresy IRL for the most part.

Also, I again implore people to remember that we have a team beyond next season and that, as a result, it's good to find a captain beyond next season who will play significant minutes.

That man can be Tuch, Dahlin, Cozens, hell even Krebs stepped up big time as a vocal party in the room at the end.

It should not be a guy on the downside of his career who we could use as a trade chip next year if we aren't contending for a playoff spot or who will likely be getting bottom 6 minutes if by chance we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad