Proposal: Kyle Connor to New Jersey Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There’s no chance the Devils make that trade either, at least not in the middle of the season. They’d get the best player by far but he doesn’t make them a better team this season, so they’d be trading a bunch of futures plus a high pick for a single player. This would clearly have to be something in the off-season, not when there’s a chance they’d be giving up those players plus potentially 3rd overall
It feels like your lack of neutrality on this one is hindering your ability to look at it objectively.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
It feels like your lack of neutrality on this one is hindering your ability to look at it objectively.
Not true at all getting Connor would be amazing but without anyone to replace Smith they’d be a worse team this season, and this would suck even more as the Devils would be giving up their 1st as well. If this was the off-season I’d jump on this trade but what’s the point of tanking so someone else can use your pick?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Of course Connor is exactly what the Devils need and rightfully should trade assets for a player like him . However , Connor would not be available unless it was a crazy overpay .
Holtz is a player the Devils need as well so that only leaves available pieces like our 2022 1st , Smith , Zacha and lesser prospects . Which isn’t nearly enough .
The Devils could technically have the pieces to trade ( Hughes brothers , Mercer,Bratt) But none that make sense to trade .
Only way the Devils get a player as good as Connor is if that player is an upcoming UFA or hasn’t broke out yet young prospect .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad