Proposal: Kyle Connor to New Jersey Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Zacha, Smith, Holtz, 2022 1st is some real good value.

That's 4 1st round assets.
Zacha doesn't hold that value anymore. Smith Holtz and a pick are all still beans when talking about a perennial 30 goal scorer with term and hitting his prime.

Connor is worth an absolute haul imo, and not a guy they should even entertain trading.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetsetter

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Not sure why either team would do this when Winnipeg is in a "win now" mode while NJ is still building around of core of Hughes, Hughes, Nico, Smith, Blackwood, Mercer, Bratt, Holtz, etc.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Devils are not in the mode of acquiring one player and going for it yet too early for this trade....Keep adding and developing....Plus don't see Jets trading Connor

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
This is brutal, 3 pieces the Devils wouldn't trade and Zacha for a player Winnipeg has zero reason to trade... It's just so bad on every level
Why wouldn't you trade any of those pieces? None are untouchable. Ty Smith is redundant to us with Luke Hughes & Shakir knocking on the door. Holtz while being a high profile prospect I would trade if it meant us getting a top line player who can jump right into the lineup to help Nico/Hughes. Same with our 1st round pick. The last thing we need is more prospects. What we need is to add top talent to push us to contender status.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Why wouldn't you trade any of those pieces? None are untouchable. Ty Smith is redundant to us with Luke Hughes & Shakir knocking on the door. Holtz while being a high profile prospect I would trade if it meant us getting a top line player who can jump right into the lineup to help Nico/Hughes. Same with our 1st round pick. The last thing we need is more prospects. What we need is to add top talent to push us to contender status.

The Devils can't trade NHL talent without getting NHL talent in return, while yes they're getting by far the best player in this trade but Hughes and Shakir knocking on the door doesn't help them now, and if they trade sending out what little NHL depth they have for 1 player will only make the on ice product worse, thus raising the 1st... which is now with the Jets.

None of these assets are untouchable other than maybe the 1st, but it has to make the overall team better.​

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
If we sell Connor, it's because we're going into a rebuild mode. I don't see that right now, we're 2 points out of a wildcard and absolutely still in it if the whole team can get healthy and play a solid game. We're better under interim coach Lowry than we were under Maurice, which tanked us early in the year. Connor's ruthless offence is not easily replaceable, he's a very rare talent on a great contract.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Even if the Jets were to retool/rebuild if this year turned out to be a failure, Connor isn’t one of the guys getting traded

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Before we got PLD I would say we would want Hughes for Connor, but now not sure, but Devils would never do it, so no point in discussing..

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Absolutely not! Massive overpay in ridiculous proportions is all I would even think to entertain on Connor.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is brutal, 3 pieces the Devils wouldn't trade and Zacha for a player Winnipeg has zero reason to trade... It's just so bad on every level
I mean the Devils trade those players for Connor in a heart beat. 0 delay in response if this deal is on the table. There is no chance Winnipeg does it.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Just sign Forsberg as a free agent

Jets aren't trading such a stud for lots of middle six players and a good but not outstanding prospect

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Ranger Fan and really like Mercer alot.

But, if I were a Devs fan, I would drive Mercer to Newark Liberty if I was getting Connor back in the deal.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I mean the Devils trade those players for Connor in a heart beat. 0 delay in response if this deal is on the table. There is no chance Winnipeg does it.
There’s no chance the Devils make that trade either, at least not in the middle of the season. They’d get the best player by far but he doesn’t make them a better team this season, so they’d be trading a bunch of futures plus a high pick for a single player. This would clearly have to be something in the off-season, not when there’s a chance they’d be giving up those players plus potentially 3rd overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad