Confirmed with Link: Kuznetzov (50%) for 2025 3rd - mutual contract term.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Guentzel-Aho-Teravainen
Svechnikov-Kuznetsov-Necas

Yes please.
Love that top 6. Full lineup maybe something like this:

Guentzel-Aho-Teravainen
Martinook-Staal-Jarvis
Noesen-Drury-Kotkaniemi
Extra: Jesper Fast

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Guentzel-Aho-Teravainen

Yes please.

My only concern is it still doesn't address our (imo) need for more power forwards. It's not an issue until we reach teams like Florida who have our number in that department. Although, we did match up ok with them in the previous game. Still, we could use another svech type. Beggers can't be choosers and we also need players who can score goals so I'm good with it.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I definitely think KK has to sit in this scenario. Fast is a veteran bototm 6 forward we know we can rely on him to do his job.

KK sucks at wing so bad we literally cannot play him there. I dont see any other option.
Yeah, it's Drury or Kotkaniemi at 4C right now. I think you give them each some time at 4C down the stretch to see who plays better there, although I'd lean toward Drury because of the chemistry with Noesen.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I like it because we’re going for it without really jeopardizing the future in any meaningful way. Lost a few decent prospects but we’ve been drafting well and don’t have room for all of them anyways.
Absolutely. I don't see how anybody can complain about either of these trades. I'm surprised someone else didn't offer more for Guentzal, quite frankly.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Based on roster construction, prepare yourselves for periods of Top 6 Martinook/Fast/Noesen here and there. There’s not a clear way to build a playoff style lineup with those pieces that any coach would be truly comfortable with.

Reactions: DaveG and ndp

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Kuznetsov and Guentzel are both pretty weak in the puck retrieval department, which is also kind of a weakness for Nachos and TT.

Seems like they’re either about to put together a high flying zone entry line or there’s going to have to be some shuffling done to continue playing grind it out hockey.

Kuznetsov, Guentzel, Necas, TT are all players who seem to do better in a controlled entry, creative, rush based offense vs a grind it out in the corners game. It’s going to be interesting to see how this shakes out over the next few weeks.

Guentzel - Kuznetsov - TT could be an interesting option, three heady, creative type players with TT providing some defensive support?

Guentzel - Aho - Svech
TT - Kuznetsov - Nachos

Guentzel bump Martinook off the Staal line? Seems like maybe a bit of a waste of his talent. Can Kuznetsov bump Drury down the lineup? There’s a lot of potential, with a ton of questions. One thing is for sure, leading up to the playoffs is going to be interesting and exciting this season.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Based on roster construction, prepare yourselves for periods of Top 6 Martinook/Fast/Noesen here and there. There’s not a clear way to build a playoff style lineup with those pieces that any coach would be truly comfortable with.
Jarvis and TT are going to need to play with kuzy.

Maybe let necas burn up 4th line matchups with drury and Noesen on the 4th?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad