Confirmed with Link: Kuzmenko signed to 2 year contract extension ($5.5M AAV x 2 years)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kuzmenko up to 27 goals on the season.....and with 20 games on the schedule, he could easily hit 35-40.

And he has a penchant for scoring timely goals.....last minute goals to tie things up on consecutive nights. Easily one of the best Canuck stories of the season.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
As good as Kuzmenko has been this year, there's ample reason to believe he'll be even better next season.

This guy is just a magician with the puck on his stick......the way he can angle the blade and actually increase the speed of the puck heading towards goal, is uncanny. A pair of goals now against Nashville and Dallas, where he angled the stick and hit the top corner of the net....virtually unstoppable.

His enthusiasm for the game is infectious. Just an epic free agent signing by Allvin and Rutherford.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Big shout out to this guy..He's bearing down on 30 goals, and since Tocchet challenged him (and his line mates to be better defensively) he's kicked his game up to another level.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Kuzmenko would be on track for a 40-40-80 season as a 'rookie' if he had been on PP1 all year instead of being unfairly removed for Boeser for some long stretches earlier in the season. And he's not far off that as it is.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Kuzmenko would be on track for a 40-40-80 season as a 'rookie' if he had been on PP1 all year instead of being unfairly removed for Boeser for some long stretches earlier in the season. And he's not far off that as it is.
To be fair I think if Boeser had actually put effort in and did well, showcasing him like that could've helped. If they wanted to win then Kuzmenko should've been on the unit every time though.

Kuzmenko has been a revelation and having him at 5.5 is just great. Hope he's a Canuck for a while.

Reactions: Vector

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
My opinion at the time of the extension was why not longer? The guys ceiling is Panarin. But I guess he might not have wanted to do that.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
My opinion at the time of the extension was why not longer? The guys ceiling is Panarin. But I guess he might not have wanted to do that.
Yes this is basically what Panarin did. It's a balance of being proven enough and still young enough (although that one's just barely) to land a big UFA contract. With this contract he'll be heading to UFA at age 29 with 3 years of NHL experience under his belt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad