Confirmed with Link: Kulikov to Pens: McGinn, 3rd to ANA

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd love a new fiery GM to take over with this space.

My ideal scenario, which would take some cahonies is to get a Guentzel flip done. Bring in some different style of players and revamp the soft, slow aspect built up here.
See I don't mind this. I would love to get a GM that says look you hired me for a job, this coach isn't getting results and it's time to move on and then goes and finds a new breed of coaches that aren't recycled trash in the NHL. Also making some big moves to make it easier on the core that frankly needs some youth and different blend of players on the roster.

But the issue for me right now is FSG basically hit and quit it with the Sully extension and ghosted everyone, Burke is basically going around telling anyone that Sullivan makes him hot under the collar and won't accept any negative comments about him and Hextall is sort of in no man's land waiting to be fired since he's handcuffed and will be the fall guy. This current situation is straight shit and I'm not sure how so many want to solely blame Hextall. I'm at the point where Burke, Hextall, and Sullivan all need to get f***ing gone.

Reactions: Night Shift

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So POJ is surely the odd man out if Sullivan decides to play Kulikov, right? They aren't scratching anyone on the right side, and aren't gonna scratch MP. I don't think they have the balls to scratch Dumoulin.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So POJ is surely the odd man out if Sullivan decides to play Kulikov, right? They aren't scratching anyone on the right side, and aren't gonna scratch MP. I don't think they have the balls to scratch Dumoulin.
Scratching POJ for Kulikov would be one of those things that makes you add to a list of reasons to fire Sully.

I mean, holy f***. If he did that it'd just be peak Sully right there, no?

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Scratching POJ for Kulikov would be one of those things that makes you add to a list of reasons to fire Sully.

He IS going to do that. Most NHL coaches would too - so that would not be a reason to fire him. After all POJ is 6th in ice time on the Pens right now, and Kulikov usually plays 20+.
We might be better off playing POJ instead of Dumo or Kulikov, true, but it is not a given. Less so in the playoffs.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

I can almost guarantee it happens at some point soon.

Maybe they'll scratch Kulikov and just keep him as the odd man out until an injury happens, but if they actually got him with the intent of immediately playing him, then he's gonna be in, and it's probably gonna be for POJ lol

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005

I like PO, but he has been inconsistent and could probably use a game off here and there. I wouldn’t mind shuffling them around depending on type of opponent.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He IS going to do that. Most NHL coaches would too - so that would not be a reason to fire him. After all POJ is 6th in ice time on the Pens right now, and Kulikov usually plays 20+.
We might be better off playing POJ instead of Dumo or Kulikov, true, but it is not a given. Less so in the playoffs.
Almost 60 games in for him and being a solid regular, must feel nice to be rotated with a journeyman #6/7 as an "atta boy lad."

For the one round we will get. I'd rather see POJ play and continue to grow so they don't panic sign Dumo (like they will).

Etc etc, we'll bitch etc.

I like PO, but he has been inconsistent and could probably use a game off here and there. I wouldn’t mind shuffling them around depending on type of opponent.
He's also missed two solid right handed defensemen to find that consistency. This defense wasn't all that stellar Rutta and Petry were out, especially having to carry Ruhwedel.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Almost 60 games in for him and being a solid regular, must feel nice to be rotated with a journeyman #6/7 as an "atta boy lad."

For the one round we will get. I'd rather see POJ play and continue to grow so they don't panic sign Dumo (like they will).

Etc etc, we'll bitch etc.

He's also missed two solid right handed defensemen to find that consistency. This defense wasn't all that stellar Rutta and Petry were out, especially having to carry Ruhwedel.
It's probably inevitable that someone on our d gets hurt anyways and then POJ will be a regular

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Someone always does either before or during
I think Rakell was early Game 1, DeSmith also Game 1. Dumo was early in the series. Sid Game 5 I believe. Jarry was hurt by a shot from Boyle in practice during regular season.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
See I don't mind this. I would love to get a GM that says look you hired me for a job, this coach isn't getting results and it's time to move on and then goes and finds a new breed of coaches that aren't recycled trash in the NHL. Also making some big moves to make it easier on the core that frankly needs some youth and different blend of players on the roster.

But the issue for me right now is FSG basically hit and quit it with the Sully extension and ghosted everyone, Burke is basically going around telling anyone that Sullivan makes him hot under the collar and won't accept any negative comments about him and Hextall is sort of in no man's land waiting to be fired since he's handcuffed and will be the fall guy. This current situation is straight shit and I'm not sure how so many want to solely blame Hextall. I'm at the point where Burke, Hextall, and Sullivan all need to get f***ing gone.

This

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

It’d be cool if FSG cleaned house and brought in some very unhockey minds or at least some Euro influence in terms of coaching.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It’d be cool if FSG cleaned house and brought in some very unhockey minds or at least some Euro influence in terms of coaching.
A change of the old boys club.

I think Rakell was early Game 1, DeSmith also Game 1. Dumo was early in the series. Sid Game 5 I believe. Jarry was hurt by a shot from Boyle in practice during regular season.
Ah Boyle. If you're a masshole you get to make the team and take a spot a younger player should have had.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Hope this doesn’t turn into another naslund type deal, the Brockstar ripping it up in Anaheim on a 40+ goal pace

• Haha
Reactions: BusinessGoose

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Hope this doesn’t turn into another naslund type deal, the Brockstar ripping it up in Anaheim on a 40+ goal pace
I’d like to know what happened with him. He pretty much scored all of his points in a 24 game stretch from the beginning of November to the last week of December. Basically nothing in terms of production before or after. But that 24 game stretch he had 14 points…which isn’t too shabby for a guy alternating between 3rd and 4th line minutes. Frustrating.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Remember when I said signing Boyle was dumb and he was going to f*** us in the end? I was right about the later, but wrong about exactly HOW his dumb Bahstahn ass was going to do that.
Didn’t we have Boyle in the top 6 at some point for a few games? I feel like Sully has traumatized me so much that this could have possibly happened or I had nightmares of it and it felt real enough for it to have happened at some point in my memory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad