Confirmed with Link: Kulikov to Pens: McGinn, 3rd to ANA

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This is a good trade.
Yeah this is one that Hextall can be proud of after the Sully deal for Bones.

Kulikov strikes me as a useful depth defenseman - better than Ruhwedel at least. McGinn would have been lucky to sniff the ice in the playoffs. I think it's a win.
Kulikov has lined up on both sides for most of his career. It's a good depth move given his size and he's not mentally inept like Ruhwedel is but watch Ruhwedel get more games than him.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Yeah this is one that Hextall can be proud of after the Sully deal for Bones.

Kulikov has lined up on both sides for most of his career. It's a good depth move given his size and he's not mentally inept like Ruhwedel is but watch Ruhwedel get more games than him.
If no other d-men are on the move, this deal means we won't be seeing Ruhwedel again this season. That is a win

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Solid GMRH. Solid. Doesn’t make up for the other face palms. But credit where credit is due. Solid 3rd D pick up.
Curious, so we are blaming Hextall for bringing in a player that was here almost 6 seasons ago that a certain coach has ties to or we just assuming he's the one that sought out Bones without that?

If no other d-men are on the move, this deal means we won't be seeing Ruhwedel again this season. That is a win
I'd prefer to never see Ruhwedel in a pens uniform again and have Friedman as the RD on stand by over Chud.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Kulikov has been awful but that might have something to do with the Ducks

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Curious, so we are blaming Hextall for bringing in a player that was here almost 6 seasons ago that a certain coach has ties to or we just assuming he's the one that sought out Bones without that?

I'd prefer to never see Ruhwedel in a pens uniform again and have Friedman as the RD on stand by over Chud.
Hextall is graded on all personnel coming in and out. He hold the veto to tell a coach no. So even if Sully was stomping his feet out his office holding his breath going red in the face Hextall could have told him to go to his room.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Kulikov has been awful but that might have something to do with the Ducks
No one on the Ducks looks good, which is funny since the Pens barely beat them that one game in January. It's bizarre Dallas Eakins is still a coach at any level of Hockey.

These deals to me stretches the wins in the playoffs from 2 to maybe 3 in the first round. I guess that's a win for FSG.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hextall is graded on all personnel coming in and out. He hold the veto to tell a coach no. So even if Sully was stomping his feet out his office holding his breath going red in the face Hextall could have told him to go to his room.
I don't think he does hold a veto imo.

Burke is highly enamoured with Mike Sullivan as is FSG. I'm guessing he's been told to keep the core and Sullivan happy. Bonino is a very out of left field move for a GM with zero ties to this team from that era. As was Archibald.

Or a 2nd for Van Riemsdyk.
A 2nd and 5th in 2024 and Heinen for JVR retained through a third team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad