Confirmed with Link: Kulikov to EDM (Conditional 2022 4th round pick)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Edmonton is in 3rd place in their division, so I would have to imagine the Jets are favored.

Though the Oilers are 4-2 against Winnipeg so far this season.
Yeah but the Jets usually disappoint come playoff time, and who knows what Blake Wheeler’s status is. Plus the oilers just added a nice piece in Kuli and I think McD and Drai can will them to win at least one playoff round.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, it's more weird that a team didn't offer up a 3rd for what could end up as very nice insurance.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
This is the first Fitz trade that I really don't like. Kulikov played well all year and had a cap hit of $1.15 million. This f***ing stinks. If that's all teams are offering tell them to pound sand.

The return sucks, but Kulikov has been a useless player outside of a limited 38 game sample size this season. A 3rd is about right, although getting a guaranteed 3rd with a conditional 2nd would have been preferable. I don't think there was any intention on bringing him back, so might as well get what you can.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
This is the first Fitz trade that I really don't like. Kulikov played well all year and had a cap hit of $1.15 million. This f***ing stinks. If that's all teams are offering tell them to pound sand.

Kulikov’s play is bound to regress given his track record and it seems Fitz clearly was not planning on re-signing him. But with that said, a 4th is definitely underwhelming, especially since a team is likely getting the current “good” Kulikov for a SC run. Really surprised no team was willing to offer a 3rd outright.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
That's fine, hang on to him anyway. Missing out on a 4th round pick isn't the end of the world.

Not sure if they would even dress him to be honest. Siegenthaler is coming in and Butcher fills the Vatanen slot. Good chance this will be a 3rd too, I think Edmonton will beat Winnipeg pretty easily.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
The return sucks, but Kulikov has been a useless player outside of a limited 38 game sample size this season. A 3rd is about right, although getting a guaranteed 3rd with a conditional 2nd would have been preferable. I don't think there was any intention on bringing him back, so might as well get what you can.

I think all the "75% retained" bullshit hurt his return too. His $1.15 cap hit isn't the golden ticket it would have been if players couldn't have the majority of their contracts eaten by other teams.

Hockey Fanatik

Mar 28, 2021
Edmonton may not beat Winnipeg

so itd only be a fourth then

a fourth for him, and a year away, is really light on value.

RyGuy

Mar 24, 2013
Medford, NJ

Perhaps Kulikov and Fitz made a handshake deal to re-sign this summer? Or he had no interest in re-signing and we got whatever we could? We dont know what happened behind the scenes.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton may not beat Winnipeg

so itd only be a fourth then

a fourth for him, and a year away, is really light on value.

Obviously there are no guarantees, it's not a solid 3rd. But a condition on a team winning one playoff series, where they will be the favorite in that series, is a pretty soft and attainable condition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad