Rumor: Kulak or Soucy : Oilers kicking tires

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Kulak’s highlight reel goal yesterday deserves at least a 1st or top prospect :sarcasm:

I’d gladly take a 2nd for him and not look back

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I don't think so. No point in us moving Soucy for a return like that. He is signed for next season at a good cap hit and is likely to return a better return at that time.

Plus with how insane the market for D is right now, I can easily see Soucy get a Chiarot type return. Keep in mind that he is signed for another year, 3 years younger than Chiarot and has been playing a top-4 D role on the Kraken without any problem.
Is it normal for top 4 D to play the 6th most minutes for the defense?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
So what you're saying is he hasn't been playing a top 4 role.
2 things:

1. We had Dunn, Larsson, Gio and Oleksiak ahead of Soucy. He was not going to get 'top-4' minutes ahead of them. But when any of them got injured, he was the one who got moved there.
2. Our coach is genuinely not very good. He overuses Lauzon who is no doubt a bottom-6 D instead of better options like Soucy. Or even Fleury.

With Gio gone, Soucy is going to be playing top-4 D minutes. Do what you want with this info.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
kulak at 50% to oilers for a 2nd.

I’d like to resign him if we can’t get a 2nd.
Fast, responsible, got team guy. Still young.

Aug 3, 2010
Why bother? Kulak isn't the fixer for the Oilers' problems if they're looking to succeed in the playoffs.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
2 things:

1. We had Dunn, Larsson, Gio and Oleksiak ahead of Soucy. He was not going to get 'top-4' minutes ahead of them. But when any of them got injured, he was the one who got moved there.
2. Our coach is genuinely not very good. He overuses Lauzon who is no doubt a bottom-6 D instead of better options like Soucy. Or even Fleury.

With Gio gone, Soucy is going to be playing top-4 D minutes. Do what you want with this info.
Same when he was with Minnesota, with the difference being that he had Suter, Brodin, Spurgeon, and Dumba ahead of him. He filled in fine in the top 4 when there was an injury. I would have no hesitation playing Soucy as a #4, but he is probably best suited to #5.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Why bother? Kulak isn't the fixer for the Oilers' problems if they're looking to succeed in the playoffs.
I think that's the point. Holland doesn't seem to believe in the team. However, aside from Calgary and Vegas when they're healthy, who else is a threat ?

Edmonton might only have to face 1 of those teams and a beat up champion from the east.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think that's the point. Holland doesn't seem to believe in the team. However, aside from Calgary and Vegas when they're healthy, who else is a threat ?

Edmonton might only have to face 1 of those teams and a beat up champion from the east.
Umm Colorado?

Reactions: 1989

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Hakstol's deployment has to do a lot with why Soucy's TOI was limited. He has been paired for most of the season with our top D-men though. I think if you are buying Soucy, you are buying him as a top-4 D. Not for bottom-pairing minutes. Which is exactly why the Kraken would expect a return similar to that.

2nd is most certainly not enough for me to entertain moving out Soucy unless the + with the 2nd is a really good prospect. Like I said, we have no need to move Soucy this season.

He’s not a top 4 D on the worst team in the league, he’s not gonna be a top 4 D on a contender.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
When your coach is Hakstol. Yes.

I screwed up and created a 2nd thread with this exact same topic. Can you merge them?

kGgogc.gif

Reactions: RattsSSV

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
He’s not a top 4 D on the worst team in the league, he’s not gonna be a top 4 D on a contender.
Depth on D is one of our strengths so Soucy on the 3rd pairing actually makes sense.

But anyway, how we value him will be driven entirely by how valuable he is to us, which a top-4 D-man. If he plays on a 3rd pairing on a contending team, it really means little to us in regards to the return we want for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad