Rumor: Kulak or Soucy : Oilers kicking tires

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
2nd/3rd + Samorukov + Turris get it done? Need salary going back the other way.
That’s probably what Holland pays for Kulak. When questioned on the cost he will reply, “what you want me to add guys for free?”.

Love the deadline as a hockey fan, low key hate it as an Oiler fan

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
As opposed to Holland giving up a 1st+ for Soucy and Oilers losing in playoffs?
Possibly a lose lose for Kenny.............must be a curse having the best offensive player in the game? The question was asking if McD would want out if Kenny does nothing, and they lose again....

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Possibly a lose lose for Kenny.............must be a curse having the best offensive player in the game? The question was asking if McD would want out if Kenny does nothing, and they lose again....
Answer is No. McDavid would not demand out as long as Oilers are spending to the cap and making the playoffs.

Reactions: McDoused

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Wow, I though the Oil would be doing more than kicking tires on 3rd pairing D men. The McDo may not be amused if the season is another failure.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Rumored ask on Kulak is a 2nd. Course if you go by only those advanced stats charts he is way better than Chiarot so I want like 4 1sts.
Yup, and then factor in that it's the Oilers who are risking losing McDavid so it's 8 1sts or Draisaitl

Reactions: RegDunlop

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
You'd have to be dumb to trade a 2nd round pick for Kulak.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
They got Kane and have no cap room left for much more
They are also on a 5 game win streak

Kane was obviously a great move. Just thinking that McDo patience may be wearing thin and Oil have to have some post season success. Fans need some fun also.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
How often has he played on his off side? That’s a big plus for sure if he’s effective. Local guy too so I’m sure he’d be excited to play for his hometown team.

Not an overly sexy pickup but we definetly need to add some D depth down the stretch here.
He's playing on the right side the last 3 games

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don't think so. No point in us moving Soucy for a return like that. He is signed for next season at a good cap hit and is likely to return a better return at that time.

Plus with how insane the market for D is right now, I can easily see Soucy get a Chiarot type return. Keep in mind that he is signed for another year, 3 years younger than Chiarot and has been playing a top-4 D role on the Kraken without any problem.
Not to nitpick and i agree a 3rd doesn't make sense for SEA. I think a 2nd is fair but again, that might not be enough for SEA... but

In ESTOI he's 6th, but I'll move him up to 5th since he's played more games than Fleury who has been scratched more often and has played less games.

On any playoff team he's either a bottom pairing guy OR a guy you can play with a strong partner if you are trying to separate your best D on pairings (which I think teams do less in the playoffs than regular season but you never know). Prices are crazy, and Chiarot got more than he should have for sure, but at some point the number of buyers willing to shell out prime assets for marginal improvements is going to run out.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Not to nitpick and i agree a 3rd doesn't make sense for SEA. I think a 2nd is fair but again, that might not be enough for SEA... but

In ESTOI he's 6th, but I'll move him up to 5th since he's played more games than Fleury who has been scratched more often and has played less games.

On any playoff team he's either a bottom pairing guy OR a guy you can play with a strong partner if you are trying to separate your best D on pairings (which I think teams do less in the playoffs than regular season but you never know). Prices are crazy, and Chiarot got more than he should have for sure, but at some point the number of buyers willing to shell out prime assets for marginal improvements is going to run out.
Hakstol's deployment has to do a lot with why Soucy's TOI was limited. He has been paired for most of the season with our top D-men though. I think if you are buying Soucy, you are buying him as a top-4 D. Not for bottom-pairing minutes. Which is exactly why the Kraken would expect a return similar to that.

2nd is most certainly not enough for me to entertain moving out Soucy unless the + with the 2nd is a really good prospect. Like I said, we have no need to move Soucy this season.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Pending UFA. 28 years old. More than capable third pair that can, and has, moved up to a top 4 role when injuries demanded. A second round pick, ideally in 2023, would be a solid return.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Right. Chiarot got a crazy return. Soucy should be able to return a 1st + B prospect atleast. We will also be willing to take by salary if needed to but that may impact the return.

Even before the Chiarot trade I did not want to move Soucy because I expect most teams would not want to return a 1st for him. This is not a situation where he needs to be moved right now anyways because he is signed through next season. From what I am seeing at this TDL, it may just be more valuable to hold on to Soucy anyway and trade him next TDL. However, if we a good enough offer this TDL, I am fine moving him.
I would like to keep Soucy on Kraken. Would have to be an overpayment in my mind to even consider it. Agree with all you say.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
He's an NHL caliber defenseman who would be useful to playoff contender. Habs management might prefer a young player rather than a pick.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Who cares about the leafs, you must work for TSN/Sportsnet?
I asked a simple question, have a snickers, and simply answer or move on.....no big deal man.........
It's the same answer it's been for the last four years lmao. He doesn't.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Oilers kicking tires on their golf carts. Gotta make sure they’re ready for another early round exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad