Rumor: Kulak or Soucy : Oilers kicking tires

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I think Kulak is worth a 3rd, but I dont think Mtl is seriously shopping him; he is doing honest work as 3rd pair. He should get more for that reason alone

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I think Kulak is worth a 3rd, but I dont think Mtl is seriously shopping him; he is doing honest work as 3rd pair. He should get more for that reason alone
a ton of poster argued hard that Chairot was a 2nd and that it, so Thats makes KULAK A 2ND NOT A 3RD for sure.

Reactions: Scintillating10

Jul 6, 2016
Kulak is a very decent bottom pairing d-man with an affordable salary.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I spitballed that Kulak would be worth a 3d, but I wonder if he might fetch more, since he's a fairly efficient bottom-pair guy who can play either side. Just about any contender could use him, if only as injury insurance.

Compared to other guys I've seen added as cheap depth - Merrill, Gustafson, etc., he's a huge upgrade.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Makes sense, I personally prefer Soucy the most. I think he’d be an excellent D partner for Bouchard or Barrie.

Besides Kulak, Braun is the other name out there linked to the Oilers. I think the Leafs are going hard after Gio which makes sense and Braun as their backup so Braun might be off the table.

As I mentioned, Soucy makes the most sense to me. He‘s not a pure rental either as he has the extra year. He’s been linked to the Oilers for a few weeks now.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I spitballed that Kulak would be worth a 3d, but I wonder if he might fetch more, since he's a fairly efficient bottom-pair guy who can play either side. Just about any contender could use him, if only as injury insurance.

Compared to other guys I've seen added as cheap depth - Merrill, Gustafson, etc., he's a huge upgrade.

How often has he played on his off side? That’s a big plus for sure if he’s effective. Local guy too so I’m sure he’d be excited to play for his hometown team.

Not an overly sexy pickup but we definetly need to add some D depth down the stretch here.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I don't think the Oilers fans will like the price for Soucy. He has done a good job in the top-4 and leads our team in +/-. Signed to a very friendly deal through next season.

2nd/3rd + Samorukov + Turris get it done? Need salary going back the other way.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
For both, a late 2nd or an early 3rd seems about right.
I don't think so. No point in us moving Soucy for a return like that. He is signed for next season at a good cap hit and is likely to return a better return at that time.

Plus with how insane the market for D is right now, I can easily see Soucy get a Chiarot type return. Keep in mind that he is signed for another year, 3 years younger than Chiarot and has been playing a top-4 D role on the Kraken without any problem.

Reactions: BatVader

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I don't think so. No point in us moving Soucy for a return like that. He is signed for next season at a good cap hit and is likely to return a better return at that time.

Plus with how insane the market for D is right now, I can easily see Soucy get a Chiarot type return. Keep in mind that he is signed for another year, 3 years younger than Chiarot and has been playing a top-4 D role on the Kraken without any problem.
Don’t know about a full equal deal to what Chiarot got, which was …wow… but a 1st is definitely likely in this market

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Don’t know about a full equal deal to what Chiarot got, which was …wow… but a 1st is definitely likely in this market
Right. Chiarot got a crazy return. Soucy should be able to return a 1st + B prospect atleast. We will also be willing to take by salary if needed to but that may impact the return.

Even before the Chiarot trade I did not want to move Soucy because I expect most teams would not want to return a 1st for him. This is not a situation where he needs to be moved right now anyways because he is signed through next season. From what I am seeing at this TDL, it may just be more valuable to hold on to Soucy anyway and trade him next TDL. However, if we a good enough offer this TDL, I am fine moving him.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Yikes. Run away Holland. Not worth trading a 1st rounder for 1 more year of a guy who plays 17 minutes a night.

74 others

Jul 3, 2015
Montreal
I think they are, even though they are keeping it under the radar. We have so many LD coming up.

Reactions: BLNY

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I predicted Kulak would be the Oilers biggest deadline move. Adding him is just such a Ken Holland move.

Follow it with a presser talking about his time in Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad