Proposal: Kucherov to the Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Lol every toronto proposals have jvr going the other way to fleece the other team of young elite players/prospects

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Kucherov is only 23 and still under team control for several more years. He's a player that Toronto can build around and is going to get better. Dealing a prospect for a young super star is an easy decision.

Nylander is only 19 and along with Matthews/Marner/Rielly are all pieces we can build around.
We aren't trading Nylander and JVR for Kucherov. We did the Kessel thing already. Now we draft and let our players develop to see what they become. It's to early to put a value (or trade Nylander) until we see what we have.
Leafs need a RHD. That's the need.
Kucherov is great and all but he's an expensive luxury we shouldn't be paying for. Especially if we get what we need out of our trio (Matthews/Marner/Nylander).

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Nylander is only 19 and along with Matthews/Marner/Rielly are all pieces we can build around.
We aren't trading Nylander and JVR for Kucherov. We did the Kessel thing already. Now we draft and let our players develop to see what they become. It's to early to put a value (or trade Nylander) until we see what we have.
Leafs need a RHD. That's the need.
Kucherov is great and all but he's an expensive luxury we shouldn't be paying for. Especially if we get what we need out of our trio (Matthews/Marner/Nylander).

That's fine considering Kucherov isn't available for Toronto to deal for anyways.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Wow LOL. That juicy second rounder who could refuse.

the leafs 2nd rnd pick is literally the best 2nd to have lol.
this deal is terrible though. tampa wont move kucherov and toronto wont sell the farm for a 65 pt winger

McCluffin

Jan 15, 2015
Victoria, BC
Good to see your back...

Awful proposal. No chance they deal Kuch for anything other than a massive over payment. And Kuch has been an offensive dynamo for two years now, not just one.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
:leafs

Kucherov (RFA rights)

:bolts

JVR

2016 2nd round pick

Bolts, who are under extreme cap duress (Johnson, Palat, Drouin, etc) get a top pairing LW for Stamkos on a cap friendly deal while adding a high 2nd (likely 31-35th overall) and Leafs get an impact winger for the Matthews line.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

Nikita Kucherov (RFA Rights)

JVR (30% retention)

William Nylander

2016 2nd

Revised proposal.

Dude, you aren't good at making proposals. Have you considered that maybe you should just give up?

Mad Brills*

Trading matthews for kucherov would be a fireable offense for lamoriello.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Kucherov is too expensive, too good, and TB has no reason to ship him out of town, they're a cup contender.

Pretty rough proposal, sorry on behalf of other Leafs fans.

Omac13

Sep 10, 2010
Newfoundland

Kucherov (RFA rights)

JVR

2016 2nd round pick

Bolts, who are under extreme cap duress (Johnson, Palat, Drouin, etc) get a top pairing LW for Stamkos on a cap friendly deal while adding a high 2nd (likely 31-35th overall) and Leafs get an impact winger for the Matthews line.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

JVR (30% retention)

William Nylander

2016 2nd

Revised proposal.

I won't even get into this trade that's how bad it is.

But I will say this , if there was one RFA out there right now I would consider Offer sheeting it would be Nikita Kucherov.

For a couple reasons.
He has Elite Talent
Tampa is going to have trouble keeping all their guys under contract
He is still very young

Yes I know about the compensation crap , Kucherov is worth what the compensation would cost

with all that said, Leafs are still in no position to be giving up 1st round picks so I would back off , next offseason however is when the leafs can be very dangerous they will have about 30 mill in cap space after hopefully a season of moving up the standings Matthews, Nylander, Marner a full year under their belts. Wait it out one more year before doing anything that risk future assets.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Kucherov (RFA rights)

JVR

2016 2nd round pick

Thoughts?

EDIT:

JVR (30% retention)

William Nylander

2016 2nd

Revised proposal.
Easy pass from Tampa, No way in the world is Yzerman trading Kucherov. Tampa has way more then enough to sign Kucherov and others. Ben Bishop will probably be moved to Dallas around training camp. No way is Kucherov going any where.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I feel like the OP doesn't watch Tampa games. Kucherov is probably one the best shooters in the league now - on his way to becoming an Elite forward in the league, if not already considered that.

So if I was Yzerman, I would rather trade Palat or maybe some depth in the bottom six then Kucherov.

Leafs would have to overpay severely and I would not want to see the price.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
This just doesn't make sense for either team.

For the Leafs, they have enough young talent up front coming up. Any of the big 3 that go will be for a D. And Leafs fans should be terrified of that exchange, on account of the terrible Taylor Hall return.

Mad Brills*

I feel like the OP doesn't watch Tampa games. Kucherov is probably one the best shooters in the league now - on his way to becoming an Elite forward in the league, if not already considered that.

So if I was Yzerman, I would rather trade Palat or maybe some depth in the bottom six then Kucherov.

Leafs would have to overpay severely and I would not want to see the price.

killorn/namenstikov to the leafs makes way more sense if they can afford it

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Tampa is a cup contender, theyre not gonna trade their best forward short of an overpayment.

Last edited:

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Trading matthews for kucherov would be a fireable offense for lamoriello.

It wouldn't make sense for either team given where TB/TOR is on the contender/rebuild spectrum.

TB needs Kucherov more since he's their best forward and they're a contender. Leafs need Matthews since he's their best prospect and even with Kucherov they're still not a contender for a few years.

Might as well lock this stupid thread.

Mad Brills*

It wouldn't make sense for either team given where TB/TOR is on the contender/rebuild spectrum.

TB needs Kucherov more since he's their best forward and they're a contender. Leafs need Matthews since he's their best prospect and even with Kucherov they're still not a contender for a few years.

Might as well lock this stupid thread.

exactly.

There are other targets on the lightning that make sense for the leafs, but it's not their 2nd best player

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I think you can consider the TB "core" to be Hedman, Stamkos, Drouin, Vasilevski and Kucherov.

There's a whooooole lotta guys who will be shown the door before Kucherov is moved for anything relating to money.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
If the bolts want some cap relief, I'd do Pacioretty + 2nd round pick for Kucherov.

Pacioretty is signed for 3 more years @4.5 mil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad