Ktown Sens Fan 19's Fantasy League - Discussion Thread (CAR and MIN available)

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Hey folks, if you've received an invitation to this league and have accepted it, then thanks for joining! If you were unable to join for whatever the case may be, thanks anyways for considering this league.

Having been through my share of fantasy leagues over the last little while, I've watched as many of them die out due to inactivity/lack of interest on the part of some GM's. If you've been invited to this league, then I hope that I can count on you to be a solid, active contributor to this league, and not to bum out on the rest of us. If you have to leave the league for personal reasons or whatever the case may be, then thats fine too. All I ask is that you send me a PM telling me that you're leaving as opposed to just quitting the league without saying anything.

If you feel that you are a reputable poster and that I may have missed you in my invites, please PM me with some evidence (another league) that would indicate that you would be an active, committed manager in this league.

I really want to make this league work guys and gals (if there are any in this league), and hope that you do too :)

All dates regarding the commencement of the regular draft, entry draft, etc. will be determined once all positions have been filled.

By the way, this being my first fantasy league that I've ever managed, it would be great if I could get 1-2 people to step up and help me co-run this league, in the event that I'm away, etc.

:nhl
GM List:

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division:
New Jersey Devils - Leafs4life1996
New York Islanders - IslesRock4
New York Rangers - johnnydollaz89
Philadelphia Flyers - NYSportsFan6230
Pittsburgh Penguins - Doig

Northeast Division:
Boston Bruins - Haligonian
Buffalo Sabres - OilGagner89
Montreal Canadiens - habsman56
Ottawa Senators - Sensational Spezza
Toronto Maple Leafs - AlexMaz

Southeast Division:
Atlanta Thrashers - odishabs
Carolina Hurricanes - TBLbrifri
Florida Panthers - hockeyalltheway
Tampa Bay Lightning - GordieHoweHatTrick
Washington Capitals - Chandrashekhar Limit

Western Conference

Central Division:
Chicago Blackhawks - Ktown Sens Fan 19
Columbus Blue Jackets - flyguy
Detroit Red Wings - Rugs by Resch
Nashville Predators - agrudez
St. Louis Blues - King Canuck

Northwest Division:
Calgary Flames - Fearless
Colorado Avalanche - viktors89
Edmonton Oilers - Mehta
Minnesota Wild -
Vancouver Canucks - Tourettes Guy

Pacific Division:
Anaheim Ducks - Tube Sock
Dallas Stars - Modo
Los Angeles Kings - fedro91
Phoenix Coyotes - NYR censored
San Jose Sharks - juice1815

Waiting List:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Agents:
1) juice1815
2) HemskyToHall
3)

Last edited:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Basic Rundown​

Phase 1 - Regular Draft
  • the main draft will consist of 26 rounds
  • you will draft a 20 man NHL lineup and a 6 man AHL lineup
  • draft will be snake format (team that picks last in round one picks first in round two and so on)
  • we will draft one round per day
  • drafting will commence at 8:00 a.m. EST and will run until 11:00 p.m. EST
  • each team will be assigned a half an hour time slot for which they can make their pick during.
  • if you don’t happen to be available to make your pick during your time slot, PM myself and the two assistant commissioners (TBD), with a list of players in chronological order from which you’d like us to select
  • if none of the commissioners are available to make your pick, then I ask you to please make it anytime when the draft is inactive (from 11:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m.)
  • any teams that have picks that have not been made during a time slot, or after the dead time, I will auto select for you who I feel is BPA by 8:30 a.m. the next day
  • rules under this phase are subject to change if I feel the circumstances dictate

Phase 2 - 2010 NHL Entry Draft
  • the 2010 NHL Entry Draft will consist of 3 rounds
  • the order of the Entry Draft will be determined by votes cast by all GM’s. Everyone must fill out an order that goes from what team they believe to be the weakest all the way to the team that they believe is the strongest
  • pick schedule TBD

Phase 3 - Free Agency
  • will run for a 2 week period following the finishing of the Entry Draft, you will be allowed to make offers to any undrafted players
  • I will need 3 people to volunteer to be agents for free agency (1 forward agent, 1 defense agent, 1 goalie agent)

More Rules/General Information
  • salary cap will be set at $59.4M
  • trades must be sent in before posting
  • PM'ing the next GM after you make your selection is critical to the success of this league
  • you don't have to draft an enforcer
  • waivers will apply during the regular season. It will be the lowest seeded team as determined by the GM’s voting for the Entry Draft that will get a player who has been placed on waivers. Waivers will start to apply upon the commencing of the NHL regular season
  • if you miss 2 consecutive picks without legitimate reason, there is a strong possibility that you will be terminated as a GM in this league
  • any more questions/concerns feel free to PM myself

Last edited:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Round 4 Pick Times (Day Two)

OVERALL | TEAM | TIME
106. | Columbus Blue Jackets| 8:00am-9:00am|
107. | Los Angeles Kings| 9:00am-10:00am|
108. | Toronto Maple Leafs (from NAS)| 10:00am-11:00am|
109. | Florida Panthers| 11:00am-12:00pm|
110. | New York Rangers| 12:00pm-1:00pm|
111. | Colorado Avalanche| 1:00pm-2:00pm|
112. | Philadelphia Flyers| 2:00pm-3:00pm|
113. | Edmonton Oilers| 3:00pm-4:00pm|
114. | Pittsburgh Penguins| 4:00pm-5:00pm|
115. | Boston Bruins| 5:00pm-6:00pm|
116. | Minnesota Wild| 6:00pm-7:00pm|
117. | St. Louis Blues| 7:00pm-8:00pm|
118. | Calgary Flames| 8:00pm-9:00pm|
119. | New Jersey Devils| 9:00pm-10:00pm|
120. | Vancouver Canucks| 10:00pm-11:00pm|

Last edited:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Draft will be starting either Tuesday or Wednesday. Decision will be made by 9:00 pm EST tomorrow.

johnnydollaz89*

i like 11 its not in the middle but its like right there

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I swear every league i've been in i'm always in the middle. :help:

Can we get a rosters thread going also?

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
The roster thread is now posted. Please post appropriately and update as frequently as possible.

We will begin Wednesday morning. How much time do you think I should allow everyone to come on and make their pick? I'm thinking 2-3 hours per pick for the 1st 2 or 3 rounds, then I'd shorten it to 1/2 an hour per pick so that we can do 1 round per day...

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
I think 3 hours at first would be best, we just have to make sure all GMs are PM'd. thats a big thing that slows these things down

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Announcement

We now have all GM positions filled! Thanks for joining guys, I hope that we can make this league succeed!

As for some important dates:

- I will allow trading to begin tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m. EST. I WOULD LIKE FOR ALL TRADES TO BE SENT IN TO ME BEFORE THEY ARE POSTED, IF THEY ARE NOT THEN THEY WILL BE VETOED. That is your only warning.

- Drafting will begin WEDNESDAY JUNE 30TH at 10:00 a.m. EST. Teams will have 3 hours to make their picks. IT IS CRITICAL TO THIS LEAGUE'S SUCCESS THAT EVERYONE REMEMBERS TO PM THE NEXT GM AFTER THEY MAKE THEIR SELECTION. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

Cal Vandelay

Apr 1, 2008
:bruins would like to move down from #6 into the 10-15 range. Anyone whos interested pm me ! Hopefully I can get a deal done so I can send it in tomorrow when the trade period begins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad