Speculation: Kris Letang requested a trade to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It's okay, you'll figure it out eventually. Now how much of a king's ransom are you willing to pay?
A King's ransom for Letang? LOL

Habs wouldn't take him for free. He's not a fit with the Habs rebuilding. 4 x years remaining and 37 years old. Ha, nope. Not touching that.

If Letang wants to finish his career playing in Montreal, it might have to be for Laval after his contract is up with the Pens.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Letting wouldn't fetch much with that contract. Pitts really needs to start thinking about shedding contracts.

Reactions: BLONG7

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
A King's ransom for Letang? LOL

Habs wouldn't take him for free. He's not a fit with the Habs rebuilding. 4 x years remaining and 37 years old. Ha, nope. Not touching that.

If Letang wants to finish his career playing in Montreal, it might have to be for Laval after his contract is up with the Pens.
I would gladly pay a kings ransom. I even have his toy crown...

This is getting weird. We keep telling them to keep him, please, they keep telling us what we need to pay.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
The only place the puck is moving with those two on the ice is into the back of their net. Penguins are in the exact situation. 2 dmen who need sheltering defensively at this point of their careers and whose primary value comes playing the #1 PP.

This is a weird take. You would think, as a Maple Leafs fan, you would be very aware of Erik Karlsson.

His greatest skill is his world class skating ability and his prowess in moving the puck out of danger and up the ice on his stick or with elite breakout passes. He's a transition monster. This is clearly a skillset that is used in five-on-five play. While EK's a great PP quarterback because of is offensive skills and IQ, but saying his primary value comes on the PP shows a complete ignorance of what makes him such a special player.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I would gladly pay a kings ransom. I even have his toy crown...

This is getting weird. We keep telling them to keep him, please, they keep telling us what we need to pay.
I am worried we will have to pay a king's ransom for Tristan Jarry if he discloses he wants to pay for the Habs. Its like we have no choice but to pay it. :(

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
This is a weird take. You would think, as a Maple Leafs fan, you would be very aware of Erik Karlsson.

His greatest skill is his world class skating ability and his prowess in moving the puck out of danger and up the ice on his stick or with elite breakout passes. He's a transition monster. This is clearly a skillset that is used in five-on-five play. While EK's a great PP quarterback because of is offensive skills and IQ, but saying his primary value comes on the PP shows a complete ignorance of what makes him such a special player.

Oh I know Karlsson alright

I am talking about current Karlsson. Sure he can move the puck but unless you shelter him he will give up more than he gives these days which was my point

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I hear the Habs are also on the cusp of acquiring Lecavalier!
Fingers crossed buddy! 🤞

As for Letang. If we were two years forward in our rebuild, I'd say maybe. As of right now, it just doesn't make sense.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I don’t think there’s a trade to be made tbh, unless the penguins wanna start a tear down but the timing doesn’t line up for us, nor does it for the pens. We’re not a letang away from a cup this year and may not be a letang away from the playoffs either

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I get wanting to play close to home but does Letang who probably has a lot of options even at his age, really want to play for a team that maybe they make the playoffs if things go right?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Do the Habs need another mascot? I mean Youppi has had a monopoly on the gig. Letang should have the inside track IMO.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal doesn’t need Letang but it says a lot about the state of Pittsburgh these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad