Krejci's Wingers? (Vote for 2)

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
eriksson and pastrnak

I like this idea because I think Pasta is gonna be our best winger in a couple years IMO.
Only makes sence to play your best winger with your best center and gain consistency only concern is size, hope he gained some pounds in the off season

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Loui and Connolly... Well-rounded, veteran two way winger who is more or less a sure 20-30 goals without injuries, and the best wrist shot on the team. Connolly is more of a wild card with the goal predictions but I think we should utilize his shot... Krejci will get him the puck.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
When your first line winger is a 18 goals 32 pts jn 139 games players !!!
Wow you are in deep trouble
It is really clear that a guy with a 20 pts by complete season average will shine next year )))
If he score 15 goals and 10 assists , bruins will be lucky

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I wouldn't want Eriksson and Hayes on a line together. Too much net front presence there, we need to spread that out a bit.
Krejci has been very successful in the past by having big wingers create space for him. I wouldn't be surprised seeing: Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly/Hayes.
Going by Clode's model, we should probably see that.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Beleskey-Krejci-Eriksson (Beleskey is our 'prize' from the OffSeason, all but guaranteed 1st)
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes (Large player, defensively responsible, could fit well)
Connolly-Spooner-Pastrnak (Connolly is worth a shot here. Could be an explosive kid line)
Talbot-Kelly-Kemppainen (Typical 4th line)
Rinaldo (Only for use against MTL, TOR, PIT, PHI, other rivalries [does that include MIN? XD])

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Beleskey-Krejci-Eriksson (Beleskey is our 'prize' from the OffSeason, all but guaranteed 1st)
Connolly-Spooner-Pastrnak (Connolly is worth a shot here. Could be an explosive kid line)
Rinaldo (Only for use against MTL, TOR, PIT, PHI, other rivalries [does that include MIN? XD])

Well done! :)

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
When your first line winger is a 18 goals 32 pts jn 139 games players !!!
Wow you are in deep trouble
It is really clear that a guy with a 20 pts by complete season average will shine next year )))
If he score 15 goals and 10 assists , bruins will be lucky

Blah blah blah blah you say the same thing in every post. The sky is falling!!!

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Beleski krejci eriksson
Marchand Bergeron Hayes/Connolly
Kelly spooner Pasternak
Rinaldo talbot Hayes/Connolly

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts

This would be the 4th line in terms of ice time.....Claude would shelter their minutes so much it would be like rolling with 3 lines most nights IMO.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I want to ask this question again,
what is Spooners best asset, what does Sponer bring to the table?
and then why is he getting slower wingers to play with, Kirk interviewed Spooner and this is what Julien told him:

"We want you to use your speed and your skill, we want you to be a good two-way player"

With that I'm expect Julien to give him players who can play that game too, to give atleast 1 strong skater?
Spooner&Pasta= flying, entertaining hockey.

I don't want to waste our players talent.

Last edited:

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
After what Julien has done with our youth to date, I'm sure we can expect plenty of eye-rolling lines. Can't wait to see what line Chris Kelly is on. :help:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I know that both Eriksson and Connolly can play their off-wings...but I don't think Clode goes that way.

I think its Eriksson/Connolly and Beleksey/Pasta with Krejci and Spooner getting assigned one of the pairs each.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I want to ask this question again,
what is Spooners best asset, what does Sponer bring to the table?
and then why is he getting slower wingers to play with, Kirk interviewed Spooner and this is what Julien told him:

"We want you to use your speed and your skill, we want you to be a good two-way player"

With that I'm expect Julien to give him players who can play that game too, to give atleast 1 strong skater?
Spooner&Pasta= flying, entertaining hockey.

I don't want to waste our players talent.

So I agree with you, but, to play devil's advocate....

Playing with Spooner forced Lucic to skate. Lucic couldn't keep up with Spooner, really, but making Lucic skate made him a more effective player. Could putting Hayes with Spooner to make him skate his ass off make Hayes a better player? The knock on Hayes according to Florida fans is that he can float around sometimes and not keep his feet moving. Eriksson? He used to do this: https://youtu.be/d0MulJfre54?t=2m37s

Side note: Pasta is a good skater, but he isn't in the same world as Spooner as a skater.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So I agree with you, but, to play devil's advocate....

Playing with Spooner forced Lucic to skate. Lucic couldn't keep up with Spooner, really, but making Lucic skate made him a more effective player. Could putting Hayes with Spooner to make him skate his ass off make Hayes a better player? The knock on Hayes according to Florida fans is that he can float around sometimes and not keep his feet moving. Eriksson? He used to do this: https://youtu.be/d0MulJfre54?t=2m37s

Side note: Pasta is a good skater, but he isn't in the same world as Spooner as a skater.

-I'm a Lou fan and that's exatcly what I'm hoping/expecting to see from Lou again, he has a healthy offseason and he clearly got his confidence back on the 2nd half and like I said before I don't have problems with Eriksson-Spooner duo, my issue is that I don't want him to have Eriksson-Hayes/Connolly wing duo, to me that would seem like killing Spooners best asset.

-To Hayes he has a max speed and attitude/work ethic won't help in that, I don't want to see Spooner going into offensive zone flying when his linemates are crossing our blueline.

-We also have a chance to have a net guy on every line if Hayes is on the 2nd line, then if we want to have size on everyline that would happen if Lou plays with Krecji, Beleskey with Spooner and Hayes with Bergeron.

-I'd love to see that IQ between Krecji&Lou, elite 2way top6, it should be beautiful to watch if you give them more than 1-2 games, but again I'd also like to see Eriksson with Spooner and see the real Dallas Lou.

-I would like to say that Pasta is a strong skater who will only get better with him getting stronger/adding weight.

A lot depends on how Julien wants to play the Rw line.

While having these discussions I get more excited about our forward group and it's potential, D just keeps frustrating atleast untill we see which UFA/trade player Sweeney will add.
I see this forward group being very strong soon if we don't trade Lou for picks/cap space.
In 2 years the top guys would be max 32y, Beleskey-Marchand close to 30, Pasta getting closer to his prime, Connolly-Spooner in their early prime hopefully having found their games, it could be pretty damm good group.

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I wouldn't want Eriksson and Hayes on a line together. Too much net front presence there, we need to spread that out a bit.
Krejci has been very successful in the past by having big wingers create space for him. I wouldn't be surprised seeing: Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly/Hayes.
Going by Clode's model, we should probably see that.

Maybe it's just me, and you aren't the only one saying this; but I don't see the Eriksson and Hayes similar game thing.

What I see is Eriksson is much more mobile and cerebral, while Hayes seems like a big body that can be in the slot. Less skilled, but plays the style we wish Blake Wheeler did.

I think they would work well with Krejci. But to be honest, I think Eriksson (either wing) with Krejci + with Beleksy, Connolly, or Hayes flanking the opposite wing may be the line up we go with.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
After what Julien has done with our youth to date, I'm sure we can expect plenty of eye-rolling lines. Can't wait to see what line Chris Kelly is on. :help:

Ye gods, don't even JOKE about something like that....don't tempt fate as it is.

I have a feeling Belesky will play on Krejci's left. I have no proof or anything to prove that. I just have a feeling that's what they want and expect in him.

Loui HAS to be given a chance to play in the top 6. He proved he's worth it last year, even on the third line with a streaky soderberg and Kelly, whose offensive talents we already are aware. Despite that, he STILL netted 20 goals. He's also one of the better defensive wingers on this team; how many times did I see people on here complain about the first line of Looch and Krejci being put down as defensively irresponsible, largely because Looch isn't that talented at playing in his own zone? Loui can and will fix that problem.

The right wing is the real question here. In my mind, Hayes and Connolly are yet unproven. It'd be great if either of them took off next season, but I'm not holding my breath. Belesky proved in the playoffs last year (at least, he did so to me) that he can play top line duties if given a chance. You can't say that same thing about either Hayes or Connolly just yet.

I'd LOVE to put Pasta on the first line, but the real question is, Can he be ready for that? I honestly don't know. That's why I say let Loui slide up as the RW for right now, and see what happens.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Maybe it's just me, and you aren't the only one saying this; but I don't see the Eriksson and Hayes similar game thing.

What I see is Eriksson is much more mobile and cerebral, while Hayes seems like a big body that can be in the slot. Less skilled, but plays the style we wish Blake Wheeler did.

I think they would work well with Krejci. But to be honest, I think Eriksson (either wing) with Krejci + with Beleksy, Connolly, or Hayes flanking the opposite wing may be the line up we go with.

I don't think the argument is that Hayes and Eriksson play the same game, it's that Eriksson is one of our few guys that can play well in front of the net and if you pair him with Hayes you are minimizing that part of his game. I'd rather take advantage of that part of his game on a different line.

FrankBruins

Sep 5, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Igor Eronko
‏@IgorEronko
SKA of the #KHL acquired rights for #Bruins' Alexander Khokhlachev as per @champ_hockey

Might be a good idea to try Koko on that first line (or wherever else even fourth line center) if we don't want to lose him to the KHL next year...

Koko-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pasta
Kelly-Kemp/Talbot-Connolly

OR

Eriksson-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pasta
Kelly-Koko-Kempainen

Although I'm sure this team wants nothing to do with a KKK line :laugh:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I don't think the argument is that Hayes and Eriksson play the same game, it's that Eriksson is one of our few guys that can play well in front of the net and if you pair him with Hayes you are minimizing that part of his game. I'd rather take advantage of that part of his game on a different line.

I agree with this, after a year of no one going to he net besides Loui, it doesn't make much sense to put two guys who go to the net on the same line.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Fair enough; I see your point and see why it would be good to split them up; but still not completely against trying them together.

This all said, I do think Loui should be with Krejci, and if it's not Hayes, then one of Beleksy or Connolly should play opposite wing of Loui. Pastrnak and Spooner have had a lot of chemistry, and I'd be hesitant to break that up.

OutspokenMinority*

i (along with most i think?) said Eriksson and Connolly.

but does anyone REALLY think it's not going to be Beleskey? please. it will be, and it won't change until many of us have gotten just a bit balder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad