Krejci's Wingers? (Vote for 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Blah blah blah blah you say the same thing in every post. The sky is falling!!!

Hahaha NO , the sky will never fall for a SPORT )))) it is just a game for fun and there is nothing important in real life for everything about a sport franchise. A simple distraction without any real importance will never make the sky fall ))))....NHL could close and 99,999999999% of population would not notice it )))

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
I've read a lot of speculation that the B's are going to try and recreate the Lucic-Krecji-Horton line but it'll look like this possibly at least to start....

Belesky- Krecji-Hayes
Marchand- Bergeron- Connolly
Ericsson- Spooner- Pasta
Kelly-Kempainnen-Talbot
ex Rinaldo

Chara-Trotman
Krug-Seidenberg
Irwin-Mcquaid
ex Kevan Miller

I think Krug gets to take a run at top 4 this year and with seids being ok on his off hand willl allow Krug to play his most comfortable side.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Spooner and Pastrnak worked well together so I hate to break that up... but would LOVE to see if there's magic between Pasta and Krech. Seems like it could be a great match. Lots of creating space for offensive opportunities. Throw Eriksson on the other side and you have a highly skilled and cerebral line. Soft sure, but I don't see a big issue with that. Palat-Johnson-Kucherov is soft also...

Eriksson-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Kelly-Kempainen-Talbot/Rinaldo/Koko

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So what second tier offensive options will DK play with? Even reading the question makes me want to puke. All it does it remind me how this team has zero first line, elite offensive players. It's a joke.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I would like to see how they mesh in traning camp and who comes in with the best work ethic before I will say who I wan't to see play on the top line.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
I voted for Eriksson/Connolly but all I really care about is that Belesky/Spooner/Pasta becomes a reality or at least that they don't break up Spooner and Pasta.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Why is that?

I don't think he was very impressive in the limited time we were able to see him here last season. I think it's important to keep the tiny sample size in mind but I think a lot of the time that doesn't happen (see M. Subban).

I see him as the least likely out of the 3 off season signings to get a crack at that spot (Belesky, Hayes, Connolly). Belesky and Hayes are on multi-years for more money so it feels like a bit more confidence/investment in their abilities, although you can't go by contracts alone.

Belesky and Hayes are coming off their best offensive seasons so I expected a fair bit of support for them.

I don't know what the right fit will be for the lines, fwiw. Just didn't expect to see Connolly beating out the other guys for that spot, in many posters' eyes.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He's also a Chiarelli acquisition, not a Sweeney one so I'm not sure how high new management is on him. He's on a one year prove yourself deal.

Given how he was used in Tampa, injuries and his small stint here I'd say he's probably the most difficult one to get a gauge of his capabilities.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I don't think he was very impressive in the limited time we were able to see him here last season. I think it's important to keep the tiny sample size in mind but I think a lot of the time that doesn't happen (see M. Subban).

I see him as the least likely out of the 3 off season signings to get a crack at that spot (Belesky, Hayes, Connolly). Belesky and Hayes are on multi-years for more money so it feels like a bit more confidence/investment in their abilities, although you can't go by contracts alone.

Belesky and Hayes are coming off their best offensive seasons so I expected a fair bit of support for them.

I don't know what the right fit will be for the lines, fwiw. Just didn't expect to see Connolly beating out the other guys for that spot, in many posters' eyes.

Well Beleskey skates on the left side, so he's not really in the running for the spot next to Krejci's right.

So it basically comes down to Hayes, Connolly and Pastrnak.

Connolly gets my vote, as I know his shot to be a dangerous one. He's the closest thing we have on the roster to a Nathan Horton or Jarome Iginla type. To say he's not proven? Well, at this point no one is. Pastrnak also, but I kinda like the idea of him and Spooner together.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Well Beleskey skates on the left side, so he's not really in the running for the spot next to Krejci's right.

So it basically comes down to Hayes, Connolly and Pastrnak.

Connolly gets my vote, as I know his shot to be a dangerous one. He's the closest thing we have on the roster to a Nathan Horton or Jarome Iginla type. To say he's not proven? Well, at this point no one is. Pastrnak also, but I kinda like the idea of him and Spooner together.

I expected to see a lot of support for Belesky left, Eriksson or Pastrnak right.

The spots are as open as it gets.

A lot depends on if Clode decides to break up Pastrnak/Spooner. It will make for a very interesting camp as the rest may just come down to fit if no one jumps out.

Mr. Make-Believe

I expected to see a lot of support for Belesky left, Eriksson or Pastrnak right.

The spots are as open as it gets.

A lot depends on if Clode decides to break up Pastrnak/Spooner. It will make for a very interesting camp as the rest may just come down to fit if no one jumps out.

I suppose either Hayes or Connolly could go to the fourth line. But I'm not sure why Eriksson would be considered an option on the right side of the top line when he hasn't been allowed on Krejci's right for the last two seasons.

But I guess with Talbot, Kelly and Rinaldo all making cases for bottom-six LW, something has to go somewhere.

To me though, it just makes sense that Connolly would be the first choice for that position.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I suppose either Hayes or Connolly could go to the fourth line. But I'm not sure why Eriksson would be considered an option on the right side of the top line when he hasn't been allowed on Krejci's right for the last two seasons.

But I guess with Talbot, Kelly and Rinaldo all making cases for bottom-six LW, something has to go somewhere.

To me though, it just makes sense that Connolly would be the first choice for that position.

I guess the question is whether Clode really didn't like Eriksson/Krejci together or whether he really didn't want to split up Eriksson/Soderberg. I don't know which is was. Your point definitely plays on the back of my mind though.

I can also see Clode using Eriksson on a line with Spooner/Pastrnak if he doesn't want to split them up as a way to cover that line defensively.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

If Connolly is the defacto choice for the first line, what does that really say about your roster though? We're talking about elevating glorified 3rd liners in reality. None of these guys has the actual talent to be a top line option on a first line, let alone first line on a playoff team. If you're rolling in with a roster like this, it means you're likely competing for a lottery pick in the next draft. It's shameful.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
If Connolly is the defacto choice for the first line, what does that really say about your roster though? We're talking about elevating glorified 3rd liners in reality. None of these guys has the actual talent to be a top line option on a first line, let alone first line on a playoff team. If you're rolling in with a roster like this, it means you're likely competing for a lottery pick in the next draft. It's shameful.

Our first line has to be 1 of the worst in the NHL no?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Pastrnak will be the 1st line RW before next season is done. Whether that is paired with Krejci is debatable.

I don't consider whoever composes Krejci's line to be the No.1 just because it has been in past years. Depends on who his wingers are, and how he plays.

If anything Marchand - Bergeron - XXXX should be considered he No.1 line to start the year, regardless of who the RW happens to be.

All this talk of who is the No.1 line is kinda moot the way Claude utilizes them anyways. It's pretty much 2A, 2B, and 2C. Still not a bad situation to have. I like the composition of the current top 9 F as a group.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

It's laughable. I never thought guys like Lucic, Krejci, or Horton were truly first line players (more like 1A types that fit here because the Bruins really rolled two second lines over a true first and second) but those guys are light years ahead of what they're going to roll out next year. They're not even going with 1A/1B types anymore. They're flat out taking 3rd liners off other teams and anointing them first line players. It's a disgrace.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
1st line will revert to Bergeron/Marchand/who ever is paired with these two as it did when Seguin was added to their line and Horton was struggling. Krejci has his work cut out for him this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a sub 65 point season from him barring another top end offensive acquisition. He needs a guy on his line who can bury the puck and unless Pastrnak matures completely in year 2 of his career, or Eriksson finds a time machine Boston doesn't have the personnel to make him work in that first line role.

Pastrnak will be the 1st line RW before next season is done. Whether that is paired with Krejci is debatable.

I don't consider whoever composes Krejci's line to be the No.1 just because it has been in past years. Depends on who his wingers are, and how he plays.

If anything Marchand - Bergeron - XXXX should be considered he No.1 line to start the year, regardless of who the RW happens to be.

All this talk of who is the No.1 line is kinda moot the way Claude utilizes them anyways. It's pretty much 2A, 2B, and 2C. Still not a bad situation to have. I like the composition of the current top 9 F as a group.

You're setting Pastrnak up for failure. I'd say "I hope the rest of Bruins nation doesn't harbor those same expectations for Pastrnak" but experience tells me they likely do and that it won't likely end well for the kid.

When you compare how Krejci's line and Bergeron's lines are used, the offensive/defensive situations the two are placed in, who the two are paired with most often and who they line up against especially when taking into consideration their similar compensation and perceived importance, there should be no excuse for Krejci's line not to be the top offensive line night in and night out. We've often heard it echoed that Krejci greatly improved guys like Horton and Lucic's play and that he makes his linemates much better. This is definitely the year that will be put to the test as his wingman will definitely more lacking then they have been in the recent past.

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

I'd say you're potentially entirely correct.

I think Connolly has a lot of potential to be that top line guy... But you're right. It's an ugly situation.

It's what happens if you spend years mismanaging your roster. Leaves you with little ability to ice a team anywhere near ideal. It's gonna take some time to fix.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
We may have a roster with a few to many "third liners" but if this years team can bring a lunch pale work ethic like my Bruins of old the fans and the city will embrace this team and they can feed off it and hopefully prove all the doubters wrong. I for one am optimistic and excited to see this group go out there and show us what they got. Couple good moves through out the season and we are contenders again, Go B's Go!

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
We may have a roster with a few to many "third liners" but if this years team can bring a lunch pale work ethic like my Bruins of old the fans and the city will embrace this team and they can feed off it and hopefully prove all the doubters wrong. I for one am optimistic and excited to see this group go out there and show us what they got. Couple good moves through out the season and we are contenders again, Go B's Go!

When I see this team the Bruins of old that come to mind are the 99-00 Bruins, with a bunch of old defensemen and grinders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad