Proposal: Krebs for Robertson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Ummm…you do know centers >>>>wingers in value and Robertson is not a top 6 player. He doesn’t not fit at all here and krebs was asked to play a D role. He has to put up more points but not seeing where you think Robertson hads more value?

If krebs is moved it’s a piece in a bigger trade not just to get a winger of same or lesser value

That would be because Robertson is the better player

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
That would be because Robertson is the better player
That’s a matter of opinion that I am not sure that most would agree with

Nor do I care at this point whoever is better. Sabres not going to trade for small fast third liner potentially second liner. They have a surplus of similar players including Krebs if he was to be moved to winger

Toronto and Sabres not good trading partners.
Sabres do not need unestablished small wingers (why we traded Savoie).

Toronto may have a surplus of wingers and have a need for centers, I don’t know. Good luck

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Are we ignoring the two way play part? I think that is an important part that you are ignoring

I'm not ignoring it... i'm simply trying to illustrate that most fans would look at those 3 guys, and say "they're pretty important offensive players" (2-way play aside)... and Robertson produced basically what they did at 5on5, in a couple of cases in way fewer games.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Nah. I'd rather sit him and change the narrative the players run things and lose out than get that
If Treliving was offered a second rounder for Robertson the guy would be traded already. Every club has a Robertson. These guys have little value.

Reactions: TS Quint

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If Treliving was offered a second rounder for Robertson the guy would be traded already. Every club has a Robertson. These guys have little value.

Maybe they do but those guys are top 3 prospects for their club which have value. Robertson missed a lot of development time, he is not a finished product

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Maybe they do but those guys are top 3 prospects for their club which have value. Robertson missed a lot of development time, he is not a finished product
Robertson is small and unless he’s got the puck on his stick he is not helping his team. What % of his tome on ice do you think he has the puck? Even if it’s 10% , which is crazy high, that’s 90% of the time he’s not contributing. If he was a pesky guy, who could play that role in the bottom six while staying healthy doing so, then he would have a spot. He’s just not an effective NHLer, and will never be. All my opinion, of course.

Reactions: TS Quint

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Nah. I'd rather sit him and change the narrative the players run things and lose out than get that
I think Robertson is a particular case, and I don't know if that's the best way to manage him as an asset.

It's quite clear now that he is done with being in Toronto for whatever reason, and I'm ok with that. For myself, though, I'd much rather get a player in need of scenery change than a 2nd or 3rd in the next two drafts if that the type of return that's out there now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad