Proposal: Kravtsov for Poulin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Pens get a disgruntled Russian top 10 pick who won't report to the AHL, Rangers get a 1st rounder who didn't stand out in preseason and likely has a longer development curve ahead of him.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
You would have to add slightly but I’d be interested considering Poulin and Lafreniere are good friends

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
This would easliy be another failed malkin experiment. Pitt would be silly to trade their top forward prospect at this point.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kravtsov wants out. Rangers seem willing to move him. Doesn't sound like the Rangers are in a position of bargaining power (like with Lias Andersson).

completely wrong
Rangers consider to move now if enuf on the table not otherwise,

Don't need bargaining power
Can force the guy to the A
suspend if he doesn't show

the issue here is he wants to be w/the big club, which in fact he deserves
and is fully justified to be pissed
he is getting short shrift due to temporary situation w/Hajek and waivers

hajek will be gone in a coupla wks, and Krav will be back w/NY

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
completely wrong

Kravtsov is such a weird dude I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple weeks he changes his stance and wants to stay in NY. I think he just pulled something real reactionary and maybe he'll regret it. But what do I know, I remember thinking how Kravtsov would never be back when he fled to Russia a couple years ago. Then it seemed like things finally washed over and we could move on with him but nope, another bump in the road

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don’t hate the value but the Rangers can’t take another LW

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
completely wrong

If it was as simple as you make it sound, the Rangers wouldn't have told him he can see if teams are interested. If it's temporary and only until the Hajek situation is worked out, they would have informed him of that and they wouldn't be allowing him to talk to other teams.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
completely wrong

He can also decide to bring his stuff back to the KHL.

Not a single GM will take on Hajek whitout sending another body for hi. Team wo'nt send a pick for an AHL calibre player

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I don't think it's worth the risk from Pittsburgh's perspective. The prospect pool isn't deep enough to be sending away a recent first round pick for another organization's disgruntled player when neither has really proven anything at the NHL level. Odds are Kravtsov wouldn't make the lineup on a healthy Pens team either.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Anyway, I think this is a fairly reasonable deal for both sides. Poulin complements the Rangers prospect pool well, he's a guy who projects as a complementary C/W that can complement the top end skill that the Rangers have in their prospect pool. On the flip side, the Penguins have very little top end skill in their prospect pool but have a ton of prospects who project as complementary forwards..

The Penguins get more risk but a higher upside, while the Rangers get a lower upside but safer prospect. The issue is that Kravtsov won't make the Penguins either, so I don't see how him coming here really solves anything.

Reactions: Jackpot Jaret

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Rather have Poulin. But the Ceiling on Kravtsov is so much better that i would probably do it.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Id really like to see what we have in Poulin before moving him.

And I dont think the NYR are going to accept anything other than an overpay from a division rival. I know if it was a Pens "disgruntled prospect" I would demand a high return to ship them within the Metro too.

You would have to add slightly but I’d be interested considering Poulin and Lafreniere are good friends

That's true of Poulin and Nathan Legare too, which is one reason I want to keep both around until they make or break the roster. I feel like having the two friends pushing and encouraging each other is a great thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad