Kraken 2024 draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
You'd think after Mitchkov people would be more open to that idea, but we will see.

Francis has certainly not shown much interest in drafting/signing Russians, so if Demidov was available at 8, I would lean towards Francis passing on him more than drafting him.
73Ss.gif

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'm actively rooting for Chicago to take Demidov. As a hockey fan, I just want to see a Bedard/Demidov line someday. I think that would be some kind of exciting fun.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
You'd think after Mitchkov people would be more open to that idea, but we will see.

Francis has certainly not shown much interest in drafting/signing Russians, so if Demidov was available at 8, I would lean towards Francis passing on him more than drafting him.
Thinking this through some, I don't think Francis would pass on Demidov; I don't think he could afford to do so. Demidov is one of the few players that can actually put fannies in the seats. For a still fledgling franchise, he could become a major attraction. I don't see the Kraken thumbing their collective noses at that opportunity.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Thinking this through some, I don't think Francis would pass on Demidov; I don't think he could afford to do so. Demidov is one of the few players that can actually put fannies in the seats. For a still fledgling franchise, he could become a major attraction. I don't see the Kraken thumbing their collective noses at that opportunity.
Well. I really really hope you are right. Not that I expect Demidov to drop that far .. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad