Low Effort GDT Kraft Hockeyville Presents: Clash at the Sudbury Community Arena | Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! (7PM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Stutzle was the best player on the ice today. He was everywhere.

It's an exhibition game where pucks didn't go in. They are learning a new system. Sheeesh some of these reactions are wild. It's gonna get there.

People freaking out about a 15 year veteran in a pre season game need to take a deep breath.

Watched him last year too though.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
He's gonna make the team, they aren't sending him down.

Rather see him developed some more. And I disagree, he hasn't been lights out in any way. No reason he needs to be rushed. Please pass that on to your insider or wherever you got that info

You can..... oh you can.

Learning lines in the rain
Special effects by loonatik and drinks
The graveyard scene
The golden years

+10 for bauhaus

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Rather see him developed some more. And I disagree, he hasn't been lights out in any way. No reason he needs to be rushed. Please pass that on to your insider or wherever you got that info

+10 for bauhaus
Where did I say he was lights out? Fair enough if you want him developed more I think he's gonna make the team. We will see.

Reactions: senswon

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

It's an exhibition game where pucks didn't go in. They are learning a new system. Sheeesh some of these reactions are wild. It's gonna get there.

People freaking out about a 15 year veteran in a pre season game need to take a deep breath.

Forsberg should have had malkins 2nd one for sure but the rest were not his fault. Anyways hopefully he's more consistent. He's alot better than soogard. Is Tokarski better?
I was just annoyed that we lost to the Pens. I'll get over it.

Reactions: bert and senswon

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

Forsberg should have had malkins 2nd one for sure but the rest were not his fault. Anyways hopefully he's more consistent. He's alot better than soogard. Is Tokarski better?

You're such a party pooper. Just let us have our fun.

I was going to write a thought piece about how sending Giroux back to Philadelphia might be a move we need to make of we are going to win the final game of the preseason and now you ruined it.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
A win would've been nice for team morale, but I think this loss will actually be more productive. It shows them they still have a ways to go to get ready.

I didn't like Forsberg tonight. He should've had the floater; I know he didn't see it but he needs to get low and cover the bottom of his net. Oh well.. it's a long season. They'll get it together. They were the better team for most of the night, I thought.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
you guys are so weird.

team is giving sidney crosby tap ins and its forsberg's fault we lost lol.

basically a goalie has to stand on his head for it not be his fault.

Reactions: bert

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
you guys are so weird.

team is giving sidney crosby tap ins and its forsberg's fault we lost lol.

basically a goalie has to stand on his head for it not be his fault.
Pretty much. We actually looked insane out there IMO. Like, not good insane. Insane insane. Nonsensical. Our dmen were the ones solely on the offensive rush and our forwards were tasked with playing defense in their place.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I liked Klevens game for the most part. Was physical, heavy hockey.

Thought chabot started well but settled into his lackadaisical self. They've got alot of work to do with him.

For Sandersons standards thought he struggled. Got caught pinching a few times. Didn't love him on the PP. I wouldn't mind seeing 5 forwards with Giroux quarterbacking.

Cousins had a good game as did Stutzle. Those were the only stand outs. Even outside of their goals they were both noticeable.

In general Ottawa was the better team but they made quite a few silly mistakes.

When the second forchecker was anticipating the play and was aggressive they had success. As the game wore on that 2nd forward just wasn't getting there. He was late so it was easy breakouts. In general they need more urgency on puck retrievals.

Forsberg can't let the 2nd malkin goal go in. Two starts two stinker. Gotta be more consistent.

New coach new systems and play style it's gonna take some time.

Reactions: senswon and DrEasy

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Definitely ended up feeling like the Sens of old as they began to crumble defensively when the Pens picked up the pace and took it to 'em.

I really hope this is just the growing pains of new coaching and not the kind of kinks no one but the ghost of Scotty Bowman himself could hammer out of this core. I want true growth and improvement this season regardless of postseason.

Reactions: LiseL

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I watched the Blues games and Joseph was absolutely flying out there, creating turnovers with his forecheck, making plays offensively. Would not be surprised one bit if Joseph outplays Perron two folds this year.
Suddenly, Joseph is considered an exceptional player, yet when he was on our team, many were eager to trade him for a bag of pucks. It's peculiar how Sens fans seem to lack appreciation for players while they're here, but the moment they leave, they become ardent admirers.

Sid and Geno making it look like 2008.
Yeah in a preseason game that means absolutely nothing. okay

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
its preseason...I keep telling myself...but this looks like the same Sens defensive game. Chasing, bad gap control and terrible goaltending
That's what I saw too. I guess it'll take some time to break those bad habits. Forsberg has given up at least one bad goal each start in the pre-season meanwhile Korpi has .946 SV % so far (sigh). Good think Ullmark wants to play more games.

As for the new players, the NHL roster hasn't played together all that much, hopefully they start gelling in time for the regular season. I thought Hamonic played well tonight, especially since he's paired with Sandy so getting more minutes .

They need to improve their play a lot if they want to have a good start.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3ebf6651-30bd-4891-852a-cda00a0431bf_800x520.png

Forsberg should go on waivers and start in the AHL.

Our backup goalie is going to be less important with Ullmark hopefully playing 60 games. We have no back to backs for the entirety of October. We have 1 three game road trip. Ullmark could possibly play the entire month aside from 1-2 games.

Why do we start Forsberg on waivers?
  1. Whoever is the backup won't matter that much until our schedule gets more difficult in December.
  2. We can bank cap space. The difference between Tokarski at league minimum and gaining 1.15M from Forsberg buried is 375k. That is not a lot of cap space, but doing that for a month or two could be important later in the season.
  3. It gives Forsberg a chance to "find his game" in the AHL.
  4. It's a move that establishes a "nobody is safe" mentality as far as performance and/or effort go because Forsberg is a name and has been in the room for a few years.
Is that how cap space works (accumulates)? I thought the amount of space could be used when a player was down but didn't think it accumulated in the meantime, basically use it or lose it.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Does Chabot still look like Chabot?
The few times I noticed him he didn't look good or was ineffective, make of that what you will. I didn't pay attention to every shift as I was getting annoyed watching them play.

Reactions: Loach

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
They only played good in the first and then got outplayed by the Penguins the rest of the game. I’m hoping they have another gear in the regular season.
That's been a problem for awhile now, compete level. I know it's only pre-season but I'm not confident they'll just turn it on on Oct 10th. I saw a lot of gap control issues and puck watching tonight which was very familiar.

Reactions: senswon

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Pretty much. We actually looked insane out there IMO. Like, not good insane. Insane insane. Nonsensical. Our dmen were the ones solely on the offensive rush and our forwards were tasked with playing defense in their place.
I certainly hope that's not the new system they're playing. Our forwards have a long way to go before they can be responsible for defense. IMO, there's a time and a place for the D to join the rush, also it's pointless if you don't have much offensive skill.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Forsberg - 4 beer league stinkers. You have to pay attention at all times and anticipate.
Bad lateral movement.
Defence coverage - looks like DJ Smith beer league also. No attention to details.
Yakemchuk is the third best D on the team period, could be even better then Chabot.
Perron and Amadio looked useless.
I would love to see Peterka with Stu. Not to draft him was a pure crime. We are missing a quality world class winger. You can only get them through a draft.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
The few times I noticed him he didn't look good or was ineffective, make of that what you will. I didn't pay attention to every shift as I was getting annoyed watching them play.
Bert mentioned it too. He's thinks slow, reacts slow. (Not bert, Chabot) If it's the same after 20 games, me thinks it's a Chabot problem and not a partner/coach/system problem.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3ebf6651-30bd-4891-852a-cda00a0431bf_800x520.png

Forsberg should go on waivers and start in the AHL.

Our backup goalie is going to be less important with Ullmark hopefully playing 60 games. We have no back to backs for the entirety of October. We have 1 three game road trip. Ullmark could possibly play the entire month aside from 1-2 games.

Why do we start Forsberg on waivers?
  1. Whoever is the backup won't matter that much until our schedule gets more difficult in December.
  2. We can bank cap space. The difference between Tokarski at league minimum and gaining 1.15M from Forsberg buried is 375k. That is not a lot of cap space, but doing that for a month or two could be important later in the season.
  3. It gives Forsberg a chance to "find his game" in the AHL.
  4. It's a move that establishes a "nobody is safe" mentality as far as performance and/or effort go because Forsberg is a name and has been in the room for a few years.
I'd be watching boston closely. If Swayman signs they may have to waive Brandon Bussi, who would be a nice pickup.

Our decimation of the B's goalie depth can continue.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Only watched a chunk of the first period and all of the second but thought the Sens played well in what I saw. Lots of good puck movement. Only player I was really disappointed in was Amadio - thought he looked like a pretty marginal player.

I think we’re going to have a problem with offensive depth, depending obviously on whether Norris is able to contribute.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We’re going to see some DJ smith hockey. Our team looked goood under a world class coach like Jacques. But we didn’t want to go the world class route again
What an absurd comment.

Forsberg - 4 beer league stinkers. You have to pay attention at all times and anticipate.
Bad lateral movement.
Defence coverage - looks like DJ Smith beer league also. No attention to details.
Yakemchuk is the third best D on the team period, could be even better then Chabot.
Perron and Amadio looked useless.
I would love to see Peterka with Stu. Not to draft him was a pure crime. We are missing a quality world class winger. You can only get them through a draft.
Sidney Crosby back door tap ins are stinkers? Stopped reading right there and so should everyone else.

If you wanna be negative atleast have some substance or be accurate. Plenty of things to talk about. But a hyperbolic inaccurate comment looking for an argument because you want attention is a waste of.time.

If people want to discuss the new system for the D I'd happily engage. Sanderson and Kleven were holding the blue really well stepping up on guys. For other players it's a work in progress as it's a new read and system. When they did it, it worked well. This for example is absolutely not DJ Smith hockey. For what it's worth Chabot started strong doing this and being more pro active. As the game went along he settled in and played like his old self. Ironically the team kinda went the same way he did. The positive of this is he actually did do it. It's likely going to take some time to hammer it into him. Probably some hard lessons along the way. What's good though is I don't think it will be long until Kleven can actually steal his spot in the top 4. So that fact alone could expedite the process.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Suddenly, Joseph is considered an exceptional player, yet when he was on our team, many were eager to trade him for a bag of pucks. It's peculiar how Sens fans seem to lack appreciation for players while they're here, but the moment they leave, they become ardent admirers.

Or that there are some Sens fans that liked him and some who considered him replaceable.

“Sens fans” are not a hive mind like the Borg.

Reactions: BondraTime

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It's just preseason, but I see the same inconsistent play, the same coaching that doesn't know how to adapt, and the same soft goaltending.

I think we'll be better than last year, but I'm not seeing a playoff team here.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad