Value of: Kotkaniemi?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Carolina's system is quite fluid. So, it's hard to say who was taking wing responsibility and who was the center with certainty. In the coach's eyes, it was likely Drury on the wing. He played there in the playoffs. The Kotkaniemi to wing expriment was abandoned long ago. The disparity in faceoffs can be explained by the percentages (Drury +4.3% on the season).
Or how Aho takes the faceoffs, but Teravainen is usually the one deep because Aho and Svechnikov cherrypick look for offensive opportunities

Reactions: geehaad

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
A 2way player that doesn't PK and on pace for 35 points isn't really a 2way player. Anyways, I doubt the Canes care much with the cap going up, but it is pretty funny to see that many people tried dunking on the Habs claiming that Carolina made out like bandits with all their social media trolling only for KK to remain a bottom 6 player. Habs should get dunked on for making a bad pick, not for losing KK.
They did make out like bandits LMAO.

Notice it’s ONLY salty Habs fans in this thread?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Lol they didn't.

Notice that all the pointing and laughing at Habs fans has completely disappeared since his production has fallen off a cliff for the millionth time in his career? It will reappear again once he goes on a hot streak.

Again, Habs fans are salty about not drafting Tkachuk/Hughes/Dobson. Not by downgrading from KK to Dvorak.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

You think giving away a 1st rd pick and paying a 30 -40 pt player 6 mil for a season than signing him to a 5 mil a yr contract long term to play on your 3rd-4th line is making out like bandits than i have an igloo that you might be interested in. Price is negotiable.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Swap bad contracts with Brendan Gallagher? Similar production. Gally is a little more consistent having more than 35% of his points outside of October, but plays a less useful position, but KK's bad contract is longer. Habs need a good 3/4 C and some depth at C. Not much in the system coming up. Jake Evans is better but would probably be fine going back to the fourth line.

Could also swap for Anderson if Carolina adds.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Swap bad contracts with Brendan Gallagher? Similar production. Gally is a little more consistent having more than 35% of his points outside of October, but plays a less useful position, but KK's bad contract is longer. Habs need a good 3/4 C and some depth at C. Not much in the system coming up. Jake Evans is better but would probably be fine going back to the fourth line.

Could also swap for Anderson if Carolina adds.
Beck is on the way. Easy 3C and probably 2C.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Lol they didn't.

Notice that all the pointing and laughing at Habs fans has completely disappeared since his production has fallen off a cliff for the millionth time in his career? It will reappear again once he goes on a hot streak.

Again, Habs fans are salty about not drafting Tkachuk/Hughes/Dobson. Not by downgrading from KK to Dvorak.
I am not salty about not drafting Tkachuk/Hughes/Dobson because Zadina was the probable pick the habs were going for instead of those guys. It's easy to look back, but those 3 guys were not projected to be drafted that high (neither was KK for that matter). I do find it annoying that Bergevin was always talking about caracter but passed on a Tkachuk.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Goodness gracious. Two months into the season he was our best player, playing great 2-way, almost a point per game. Canes fans all said he was playing great but his offense was unsustainable. He had a cold stretch where he probably was playing through an injury. We won't know until the offseason. He's starting to pick it up again. His value is not Brendan Gallagher. He's 23 years old and has a lot of good years in him. I don't think he'll ever be a 1C - that's very unlikely. But he will probably be a solid 2C or 3C. He's physical, responsible defensively, and is getting better at puck carrying and decision-making. He will probably score 40-50 points for most of his career, or possibly >50 if he plays with great wingers.

Find me a Canes fan who wants to trade KK.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I am not salty about not drafting Tkachuk/Hughes/Dobson because Zadina was the probable pick the habs were going for instead of those guys. It's easy to look back, but those 3 guys were not projected to be drafted that high (neither was KK for that matter). I do find it annoying that Bergevin was always talking about caracter but passed on a Tkachuk.
You don't invest this many resources as one of the richest teams in the league to draft the probable pick or else we might as well fire all the scouts and just draft in order from McKenzie's list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad