Value of: Kotkaniemi?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
This is the kind of player that’s really hard to find a good trading partner for. There’s no reason for anyone to sweeten the pot in order to acquire him, and there’s no reason for the Canes to let him go without a sweetener. Status quo is likely the best case for all parties.
Perfect response, no need for this to go on any further.

Attachments

• 90.jpeg
    90.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 4

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
In hindsight, she knew what she was freaking out about, huh?

This is the kind of player that’s really hard to find a good trading partner for. There’s no reason for anyone to sweeten the pot in order to acquire him, and there’s no reason for the Canes to let him go without a sweetener. Status quo is likely the best case for all parties.
Trade him to Montreal for Dvorak and call it a day

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
Classic KK curve on display last night. Looked slow and confused, fell over a few times, fumbled and farted around with the puck for most of the game - then had some great shifts in the 3rd and picked up a primary assist. Seen this before, he's fixing to go on a heater.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
You can dislike the player all you want. He screwed the Habs over. I know you’re still hurting from that.

But he’d be worth a lot on the trade market.
I don't know if he's sour about it, but I can assure you the vast majority aren't. We disliked how his development was handled, but it's not like we're talking about a guy that had completely endeared himself on the community and became a fixture.

A previous post mentioned the value Dvorak. I assume that meant what Montreal paid to get him - likely too much in the end. At the time, there was a perception that he could produce more out of Arizona. He hasn't been blessed with great wingers since coming to Montreal, but he doesn't drive play either.

What's Kotkaniemi's league-wide perception? I think it's similar to present day Dvorak, with a propensity to score some timely goals in the playoffs. Does that mean his value on the market would be "a lot"? Maybe there's someone out there that thinks there's more to him than a .5ppg 3C signed long term. It takes more than one team to create a market though.

In the end, I don't see him getting more than the Coyotes got for Dvorak. Is that a lot?

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
He was playing wing last night. If he can’t be an effective top 9 center he has negative value. Any team acquiring him would only be interested if he’s a center.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carolina's system is quite fluid. So, it's hard to say who was taking wing responsibility and who was the center with certainty. In the coach's eyes, it was likely Drury on the wing. He played there in the playoffs. The Kotkaniemi to wing expriment was abandoned long ago. The disparity in faceoffs can be explained by the percentages (Drury +4.3% on the season).

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Guy got paid on hopes and dreams. Nobody would take him on at full price, but if he ever did reach a higher level of play consistently he'd be worth his contract and locked in for a while.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
He never screwed the Habs over. He screwed the Canes over and still is. That 1 pt in his last 17 games is something to be proud of.
We're satisfied with the performance we're getting at the price paid. Ain't nobody got to trade for him and he's not rumored to be shopped.

Didn't screw anybody over then. He's streaky and he does the things we need him to do to justify his contract, even when he isn't scoring.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He never screwed the Habs over. He screwed the Canes over and still is. That 1 pt in his last 17 games is something to be proud of.
He will put up a finger when he gets the next point. Which finger is in question.

A whole lot of drama for a bottom 6 player.

Reactions: viceroy

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
A lot, a young two-way centre on a long term cost controlled deal like that is worth quite a lot.
A 2way player that doesn't PK and on pace for 35 points isn't really a 2way player. Anyways, I doubt the Canes care much with the cap going up, but it is pretty funny to see that many people tried dunking on the Habs claiming that Carolina made out like bandits with all their social media trolling only for KK to remain a bottom 6 player. Habs should get dunked on for making a bad pick, not for losing KK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad