Prospect Info: Konsta Helenius, RC, Jukurit (Liiga) - 14th Overall, 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Dobber's has this bit in their page on him -

April 2024 -The highly intelligent center with a well-balanced skill set has stayed in our top 10 during the whole season. While he may lack some of the high-end tools the other names in the top 10 possess, Helenius compensates for it with a profound understanding of the game. His impact on the ice in all three zones is significant and his ability to adjust is impressive as he is usually able to learn and improve inside the game. Helenius has continued to showcase his ability to be the best version of himself when playing under pressure. For his team’s playoff stint he improved his play from the regular season and played mature and more physical hockey as Jukurit’s first line center. He still has some hockey left as he will play with the national team in the U18 worlds and maybe with the men’s team as well. From the developmental point of view Helenius is already a quite complete 200-feet player but he could transform into a more dangerous dual threat in the offensive zone by working on his release as he is already a skillful playmaker. Anni Karvinen (April Rankings: 9th Overall)

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
There is a future where Helenius and Benson are 2/3rds of an elite match-up line with the skill to bury big ones.

Miss me with his size. He's already 190. Just because someone isn't 6'4 doesn't mean they don't play hard and are hard to play against. It's been one year since Benson proved that at 18

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I have a feeling we will be forever grateful that Adams failed to make the trade.
Our biggest need short-medium term.
Extremely well rounded center with shutdown skills and offensive upside.
He should be able to beat Krebs for a spot if Kevyn fails to add nhl-centers.

I'm hoping for Saku Koivu with extra meat and hot sauce.

4th all time as an U18 player in liiga when it comes to points

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There’s a technical, cerebral, well rounded two-way center that has the physical and mental tools needed for his game to translate, offering him a very high floor. Where his ceiling might fall short is within his lack of high end scoring upside and lack of dynamic skating ability. When you take his understanding of space, his balance between playing with poise and playing with urgency, his willingness to get the job done at the cost of comfort, and his innate ability to make his teammates around him better both on and off the puck, it forms a player that can contribute both in the regular seasons and in the playoffs. We think of Helenius as a player that fits the same mold as Nico Hischier, although we think his production falls more into the 60-65 point area.

More from HP's Black Book.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Not who I wanted but I'm cheering for the guy. I wouldn't expect an actual undersized feisty NHL player. Hopefully a guy that plays hard but don't set your bar any higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad