Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

Goalies:
-looking for a veteran depth goalie; willing to commit up to 1.5m
-also considering lesser known options

Bottom-6 Forward with Speed:
-Ryan Lomberg and Tyler Motte
-budgeting around 1m

Left-Handed Defender:
-Zadorov wanted to play a more prominent role going forward
-didn't get close with Cole
-looking at options in the 2m range
-been told to watch Jake Bean, PO Joseph, and Adam Boqvist

Top-6 Forward:
-priority all summer
-Guentzel was the top target
-could opt to chase multiple top-6 forwards
-will spend most of their capspace here
-has had interested in Toffoli, Stephenson, and Zucker
-rumblings the Canucks will be priced out on Toffoli on Monday
-wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks heavily court Marchessault, Teravainen, and Duclair
-haven't shown interest in Skinner, Stamkos, or Bertuzzi

Brenden Dillon:
-Canucks have interest
-not expected to be a front runner for him
-Devils, Kings, and Bruins in the mix

Joel Edmundson:
-when checked on Sunday, was told the Canucks will go in a different direction

Marchessault is the only Top 6 F there.

This write-up is depressing and embarrassing.

They sat on their asses just waiting instead of being aggressive.

I expected more.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Entering the season with capspace has been a very viable pathway to upgrades - my concern is that with the projected cap rising, teams aren't going to be in the same kind of binds that have lead to this being such a fruitful tactic in the past 4 years.

We could be on the cusp of a paradigm shift in that regard, and of course get caught with our dick in our hands if the plan is to hold on and wait until someone gets squeezed.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Brandon Montour will be a good option now.

Mathew Dumba might be a fun project for Foote and Tocchet to work with. Dumba is a physical player but declined recently.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I was wondering who the f is he talking about and it turns out its Leon Draisatl :laugh:

exactly. Guentzal and Reinhart were long shots, to begin with anyway. We have a better chance of winning 2 rounds than signing any of these guys. Let's just hope we have a reasonable plan B. I rather not overpay anyways.

Agreed, no issues without signing the FAs that we had no shot on before July 1. The real question is what they do afterwards. Sometimes better to be patient as well and not blow it all on a knee jerk contract.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Agreed, no issues without signing the FAs that we had no shot on before July 1. The real question is what they do afterwards. Sometimes better to be patient as well and not blow it all on a knee jerk contract.
we can also weaponize our cap room for later use.

That didn't get close with Cole part cracked me up.

After showing up as Edmonton plant, he thinks he has any kind of leverage with us?

Ian cole leads round 2 in goals scored against the Canucks.

Reactions: oceanchild

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
It hasn't been mentioned at all outside these boards, but I wonder if a move for Laine might be an option? I have floated the Garland for Laine with retention. It would still leave us a ton of room for upgrading the D and some for forwards as well (like a Heinen for Garland's spot)

Not saying it's what I would want, but that could be a route to take if their main targets are all signed.

Also, and this is just the last shreds of hope speaking, there has been nothing definitive yet in terms of Reinhart signing, just positive feelings, yeah?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It hasn't been mentioned at all outside these boards, but I wonder if a move for Laine might be an option? I have floated the Garland for Laine with retention. It would still leave us a ton of room for upgrading the D and some for forwards as well (like a Heinen for Garland's spot)

Not saying it's what I would want, but that could be a route to take if their main targets are all signed.

Garland for Laine makes the team worse.

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
I think we’d have heard if any of these guys were going to free agency, longer delays for contract registrations etc. Oh well, let’s see what they come up with tomorrow.

Reactions: ziploc

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I like Garland. But a rejuvenated Laine on EP's wing could be magic. Still, it's a big risk, which is why I would only even consider it with enough retention to balance the salaries and leave room to bring in other players.

Silly spitballing though.

The main problem is it still means they need to add another winger to the roster. Garland is an excellent play driver and even strength producer.

That said, I don’t have a problem in leveraging cap space to take on Laine. I doubt the Blue Jackets are amenable to that type of trade, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad