Proposal: Konecny to the Sabres

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cant see any team offering that at all. look at the Guentzel deal as a template, maybe a little better package if you get TK for a full year.

Doesn't matter as TK is core player you build around is the Flyers line of thinking.
They don’t want them to

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Cant see any team offering that at all. look at the Guentzel deal as a template, maybe a little better package if you get TK for a full year.

Doesn't matter as TK is core player you build around is the Flyers line of thinking.
Guentzel was a TDL deal. He had 2 months with the team before UFA.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
As a 1 year rental, I think it would be something like:

Konecny

for

2025 1st (top ten protected)
2024 2nd
Rousek

Another thought:

Konecny
Deslauriers
FL 1st

for

11 OA
43 OA
Krebs or Samuelsson (I would rather not get rid of either of these two).

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
As a 1 year rental, I think it would be something like:

Konecny

for

2025 1st (top ten protected)
2024 2nd
Rousek

Another thought:

Konecny
Deslauriers
FL 1st

for

11 OA
43 OA
Krebs or Samuelsson (I would rather not get rid of either of these two).
Krebs and samuelsson are not equivalent

Konrcny idnt getting 11OA

Reactions: Matt Ress

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Fanbases seem to be at polar opposites here.

Flyers see Buffalo as getting an in-prime Marchand (and likely assistant captain material) and long-term extension. If you look at Marchand's 28-35yo seasons I think most people would give an 11oa.

Buffalo sees a one year rental.

He's far and away the best player on the flyers and provides way more beyond counting numbers (similar to how Buffalo fans revere Tuch).

Buffalo has been stuck in sand despite all the high end picks and prospects and young players they have.

Last edited:

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
With no assurances that he extends, not happening.

And this is really the core element here. Most Flyers fans assume that there would be some backchannel communication between Konecny's agent and the team looking to acquire him, and that there would be some assurance of an extension in place, even if he can't put pen to paper just yet. Most fans of other teams are treating Konecny as a guaranteed rental, no possibility of extension, and of course the value of one year of TK is much lower. Ultimately, I don't see Konecny moved unless there is at least the framework of an extension in place, and therefore the Flyers would be holding out for the value of an extended Konecny, or thereabouts.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Good player, good fit for Buffalo, way too high a price for an early rental. Even if he’s signed that’s a really high price for a guy you can overpay to go there next summer as it is.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
There is no way you trade TK and Florida’s 1st for 11. Floridas pick and 11 could be be the same level player. TK has a large shot at being the best of all 3 assets for years and maybe for good.

I want to trade TK, but at the right contract I would be happy keeping him too. He is in the Marchand and Gallagher mold. Those types keep going forever. He could be good well into our window.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
You can probably flip him for similar at the deadline if you're Buffalo if you can't resign him and fall out of the playoff race

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad