Value of: Kole Lind

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Don't think his demand will be high, but he has had a terrific season in the AHL. Both in the regular season and now the playoffs. I am just not sure if there are any spots available for him on the Kraken to crack the top-9.

Kraken are likely to be interested in similar aged D prospects or just pick(s) in return.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Back-to-back 60+ point seasons with the Firebirds , who are once again in the AHL Western Conference finals but played just one game for the Kraken this past season.

Is he worth signing as a UFA (he turns 26 in October) or is his ceiling that of a career AHL scorer?

Last edited:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Back-to-back 60+ point seasons with the Firebirds , who are once again in the AHL Western Conference finals but played just one game for the Kraken this past season.

Is he worth signing as a UFA (he turns 26 in October) or his ceiling that of a career AHL scorer?
He may just need a change of scenery. I was surprised he was not called up this season ahead of Winterton or Morrison.

Hopefully he gets a cheap 2-way contract for another team next season and gets a chance. But does look like our management/coaching does not think too highly of him.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
He may just need a change of scenery. I was surprised he was not called up this season ahead of Winterton or Morrison.

Hopefully he gets a cheap 2-way contract for another team next season and gets a chance. But does look like our management/coaching does not think too highly of him.
I feel for the kid. He was defensively responsible and played better than a bunch of guys the team iced that inaugural season, but was given scraps for icetime. He scores 30 in the AHL last season and was rewarded with Hakstol dressing him for one single NHL game and only giving him 6 minutes of icetime, and then he doesn't get a single game this season, despite playing very well for Coachella?

His skill level is not up to top-six NHL standards, but his hockeysense is higher than most guys that excel in the AHL but can't put it together at the NHL level, so I think he could find a spot on a roster somewhere in the league. Even if he is just a 13th forward, I feel like he could be a decent depth guy.

Would love to see him get a contract somewhere and be given a chance. Unless Bylsma is eventually named HC, I can't imagine he will re-up with Seattle.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
no reason for any team to trade for him
he is a pending UFA, as a Group 6 (over 25, contract completes, <80 NHL games)

1716475913894.png

from CapFriendly FAQ
"What is a Group 6 UFA?
A player whose contract is expiring and meets all of the following conditions will become an unrestricted free agent (UFA):
- The player is 25 years or older (as of June 30th of the calendar year the contract is expiring).
- The player has completed 3 or more professional seasons - qualified by 11 or more professional games (for an 18/19 year old player), or 1 or more professional games (for a player aged 20 or older). ...
- The player has played less than 80 NHL games, or 28 NHL games of 30 minutes or greater for a goaltender."

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad