Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Great 'big hits & big goals' game for Hlacar!

We do and all our OAs and Ando should be of interest to contenders looking to upgrade their OAs for a run. I hope all the GMs saw Misaljevic's 'play of the night' goal!
💯 we do need to do a real and deep rebuild, let's get off this mediocrity treadmill. Just bite the bullet and none of this reload, the fans expect playoff rounds BS.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I particularly enjoy Jussi's comments at the end of the game. Fixter notes the 3 goal lead in the 1st. Jussi likes that of course but says the scoring was good but their play was not.

And he was genuinely pleased for Hlacar and his first TWO goals in the OHL. Noted how hard he works both in games and in practice. He was complimentary of his 4th line.

Missile..........what....a....goal !! No wonder it was picked for the highlight of the night. Wound his way through Erie's defense, forced himself to the net, and backhanded a sweet goal bar down.

For those not at the game and not to name names, earlier in the first Rangers player loses glove. Erie player picks it up and holds it out. When Rangers player goes to take it, Erie player drops the glove on the ice. Later in the game, Erie player loses stick. Rangers player picks it up and offers it to Erie player but drops it just as the Erie player goes to take it. Message sent and I will name the player who sent it.....the Captain himself, Ando.

But tonight is a whole new game and I would imagine Erie will come out of the gate quickly. Let's see how the Rangers handle it.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
Great game tonight. Jump out to an early lead, let Erie back in and then push back to win this one going away.
Listening to the post game show make me nervous. The F and F brothers are talking about going for it. Let’s remember we were in first in the west later into the season just last year and look how that worked out.
Let’s enjoy the way these kids are gelling, and appreciate what the coaching staff is doing with a young lineup, but make no mistake….we HAVE to sell if we still have a run in the target 2 years down the road. IMHO.
Personally, I think Farwell and Fixter know the route the team will take come trade deadline time and sell off, however, as broadcasters (and almost employees of the team), they have to consider the casual listener; and to that casual listener, continuing to yell "SELL, SELL, SELL" for the team that's 1st in their division and 2nd in the entire league sure would leave that person puzzled and pretty confused.

As the season plays out and the team levels off, their message will change and the true one will come out. They're aware of the situation the team is in, in terms of the junior hockey cycle and their draft/asset cupboard.

Every Rangers fan isn't as invested (and delusional at times) as some of us on here :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad