Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023
Listened a bit to the game on the Erie broadcast, both announcers thought that it was a margainal call. I wasn't listening for the Labrash major.
Listened as well, thought it was hilarious to listen to those two know nothings say they didn’t see enough to warrant a 5, and then as Bottineau is skating off the ice they did a total 180 and said there was no way it should NOT be a 5.
Make up your mind boys.

Because both of their head checks had our trainer on the ice and our guys stayed down for a good 2 mins.
But if there was no direct contact to the head, those soccer tactics should not be rewarded.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Bottineau’s was very tame, not malicious at all. Standard stock finishing a hit. The issue was he was looking away at the puck and didn’t realize Holomego’s head was bent forward, so bad result. Minor penalty all day if you ask me.

Labrash’s was worse only because he saw Henry was in a bad position and still completed the hit. Again though, not malicious and not much force. Just when you’re that big, you almost need to hold off there.

At the end of the day though, Kitchener was small and got badly pushed around last year. What’s working now is they have bigger bodies who finish every hit. So you take the odd penalty to get the benefit of that. Don’t like seeing head contact but neither of these were remotely vicious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad