Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

digicamo

Mar 31, 2023
Stark has been one of the best F through 2 periods. I’ve never liked the idea of him on D.

Bilecki I think is looking great again for a 2008. Him and Reid on separate pairings in 2 years will be very fun to watch.
It’s great but also a major concern that Stark looks like our best forward. Campbell has also looked great on D across the two Friday games I’ve caught

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
with Grisolia reporting and playing tonight. The conditional 15th round pick has become a 7th round pick per Barrie’s play by play announcer.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
with Grisolia reporting and playing tonight. The conditional 15th round pick has become a 7th round pick per Barrie’s play by play announcer.
Incorrect, the conditions are related to a larger games played number with the Rangers.

Stark has been one of the best F through 2 periods. I’ve never liked the idea of him on D.

Bilecki I think is looking great again for a 2008. Him and Reid on separate pairings in 2 years will be very fun to watch.
Per Jussi via The Record… it seems like Stark is back up front permanently:

“The Matheas Stark experiment on defence is over. ‘He’s a forward now,’ coach Jussi Ahokas said after Friday’s tilt.”

Squirrel88

Jul 1, 2023
I thought tonight was a pretty good game for Schneider. Not a lot of minutes, but he looked more comfortable. Bilecki had some really nice flashes and MacNeil didn't look lost on the top pair.

Of course, it helps when the forwards play with good defensive structure and pressure in the neutral zone.

Kitchener played well enough to win, which wasn't really the case in the first two games.

I think the decision on Stark at forward is the correct one. It didn't help that he missed most of the preseason, but he looked effective tonight.

No way last years team generates so few goals with so many chances. Will the team struggle with offence all year, or is this an early season blip?

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
They had a number if 2-on-1's. Just couldn't bury them.

Too lazy to do the math a second time round per a previous post, but percentage-wise this team lost a ton of goals from last year. Even with the expectation of the younger guys increasing their numbers, it's still going to be a tough year. Going to have to really be good on overall team defense....... yet our D-men our young. With Stark now moved up front (where most of us feel he belongs), I think it would nice to see a large, older, physical D-man added (cheap please) - especially assuming Andonovski ends up somewhere else.

Reactions: RB76

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023

Too lazy to do the math a second time round per a previous post, but percentage-wise this team lost a ton of goals from last year. Even with the expectation of the younger guys increasing their numbers, it's still going to be a tough year. Going to have to really be good on overall team defense....... yet our D-men our young. With Stark now moved up front (where most of us feel he belongs), I think it would nice to see a large, older, physical D-man added (cheap please) - especially assuming Andonovski ends up somewhere else.
Much better effort…..step one. Turning effort into results….next step. 🤞. First time
watching a game on TV in quite some time. Have to say I was very impressed with Shawn’s between periods work. He is knowledgeable about, and enthusiastic for the O, and it showed. One of the best in the league.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Much better effort…..step one. Turning effort into results….next step. 🤞. First time
watching a game on TV in quite some time. Have to say I was very impressed with Shawn’s between periods work. He is knowledgeable about, and enthusiastic for the O, and it showed. One of the best in the league.
Shawn has overtaken Farwell in Ranger info, IMO. I didn't like the guy at first but he has grown on me. Love the extra 30 minute segment on Rogers just before the game.

Also, Josh Brown had this to say in his write up..........

- Did the Rangers just get out-Oktoberfested by Saginaw? Kitchener honoured its annual German festival at the Aud with Onkel Hans and Tante Frieda taking part in the ceremonial puck drop on Friday. There were games and themed activities too. But the Spirit went big at home on Saturday with the Kowalski Brothers Polka Band while fans could also create their own mini pretzel necklaces and design their own Bavarian hats. At intermission there was a stein holding and pretzel eating competition. Pretzel eating. That’s gold Jerry, gold. Oh, and players wore an Oktoberfest themed jersey during warm-ups. Slow clap for Saginaw. You get my “Ziggy Zaggy, Ziggy Zaggy, Oi Oi Oi!”

For a building our size, our "in between entertainment" is lame compared to other arenas. Places like Saginaw and Erie really know how to put on an event. In Kitchener, you have the same trivia questions year after year (And there is ALWAYS a winner whether the questions are correct or not..........how cute) , kids competing against adults in "announcing", (any you know who always wins?), boring over under guess games, random "sharp dressed man" winners (VERY random), etc. I sure do hope this changes with the departure of our Rangers cheerleader.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018

Ando
Reid
Max
MacNeil
Campbell
Bilecki
Schneider

With Ando being traded we would be down to 6D. I would hate to add a 8th D right now and have Bilecki and/or Schneider watching from the stands. This is a development year and they grow the most by playing and not watching. Bilecki has done nothing wrong in his first 3 games that he deserves to sit and watch. I honestly don’t mind riding the 6D the rest of the way (if Ando is traded near deadline in Jan) if we have options to play for injuries. Can Gaitens play for injured players? I forget if he signed but I don’t think he did. Do we have any options like MacNeil last year that can play when needed? IMO that’s the best option…let all the kids play and if needed bring up players because of injuries.

Ice time for all young players. That’s my goal this year.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I thought tonight was a pretty good game for Schneider. Not a lot of minutes, but he looked more comfortable. Bilecki had some really nice flashes and MacNeil didn't look lost on the top pair.

Of course, it helps when the forwards play with good defensive structure and pressure in the neutral zone.

Kitchener played well enough to win, which wasn't really the case in the first two games.

I think the decision on Stark at forward is the correct one. It didn't help that he missed most of the preseason, but he looked effective tonight.

No way last years team generates so few goals with so many chances. Will the team struggle with offence all year, or is this an early season blip?
Rangers play every game that way and they will find some success this season. Win or lose, that was a great game last night. I could enjoy that all season long if they can pull it off.

Yes, so many scoring chances last night. Might have been a bit tight on the sticks last night but the passing and plays were there as was their defensive effort. This...without Dirracolo, Vermeulen, Swick, and Sale. Hopefully, Antsis soon......and as for Headrick.......here's to coming back earlier than expected (but not too early.....HEAL).

Owen Sound and Guelph are going to be fun games this weekend. Was the meltdown in Windsor enough to keep them working like they did last night? GO RANGERS!

Shawn has overtaken Farwell in Ranger info, IMO. I didn't like the guy at first but he has grown on me. Love the extra 30 minute segment on Rogers just before the game.

Also, Josh Brown had this to say in his write up..........

- Did the Rangers just get out-Oktoberfested by Saginaw? Kitchener honoured its annual German festival at the Aud with Onkel Hans and Tante Frieda taking part in the ceremonial puck drop on Friday. There were games and themed activities too. But the Spirit went big at home on Saturday with the Kowalski Brothers Polka Band while fans could also create their own mini pretzel necklaces and design their own Bavarian hats. At intermission there was a stein holding and pretzel eating competition. Pretzel eating. That’s gold Jerry, gold. Oh, and players wore an Oktoberfest themed jersey during warm-ups. Slow clap for Saginaw. You get my “Ziggy Zaggy, Ziggy Zaggy, Oi Oi Oi!”

For a building our size, our "in between entertainment" is lame compared to other arenas. Places like Saginaw and Erie really know how to put on an event. In Kitchener, you have the same trivia questions year after year (And there is ALWAYS a winner whether the questions are correct or not..........how cute) , kids competing against adults in "announcing", (any you know who always wins?), boring over under guess games, random "sharp dressed man" winners (VERY random), etc. I sure do hope this changes with the departure of our Rangers cheerleader.
And last night, they did the t-shirt toss in the exact same area as the did last week. Hello??....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad