Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Straightshot2424

Sep 4, 2024
Headrick's injury status doesn't matter. Teams can sign their first two picks and two more. Presumably one is Antsis, since he is from US, so the choice is Cameron or Schaubel. C looks to be on a B Card, so Kit can put S on an A card if they want. I'm not convinced it will happen, but I agree that he likely gets some games.

Not sure what you've seen in the preseason that would suggest Parsons 'couldn't be bothered'.
what does antsis being from us have to do with anything ?

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
what does antsis being from us have to do with anything ?

More than likely Antsis only signs an OHL card and not a JR. B one because it was promised to him if he came to Kitchener. It’s not posted anywhere or no confirmation but in this case it’s an assumption from SQ88 which I fully agree on that assumption.

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
Swick-Ellinas-Arquette

Missile--Romano-Lam

Bottineau-Mercer- Cameron

Pug-Labrash-Vermeulen

Andonovski-Dirracolo

Reid-Bilecki

Campbell-Stark

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I believe there's some sort of OHL agreement with USA Hockey that any 16 yr old American needs to signed to an "A" Card and can't be assigned to Jr B.

i thought so too, there was at one point, but there seems to be more and more americans going to jr b. sarnia just sent one this year as well.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
does he even need a card he is injured ?

if you plan on playing him, i beleive he probably is already on a b card, just depends on when he comes back and what the plan is. i wouldn't worry about it, 90 percent of teams dont get that close to the 30 cards that they are given.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Swick-Ellinas-Arquette

Missile--Romano-Lam

Bottineau-Mercer- Cameron

Pug-Labrash-Vermeulen

Andonovski-Dirracolo

Reid-Bilecki

Campbell-Stark
Are these predicted opening night lineups or “your” opening night lineups?

Swick-Romano-Lam

Misaljevic-Ellinas-Arquette

Bottineau-Mercer-Vermeulen

Hlacar-labrash-Cameron

Andonovski-Dirracolo

Reid-Macniel

Campbell-Bilecki

Parsons

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Fair enough.
Well, based on who’ll be available, here’s my lineup opening night:

Swick. Ellinas. Miseljevic.
Bottineau. Romano. Lam.
Vermeulen. Mercer. Arquette.
Labrash. Hlacar. Cameron.

Andonovski. Dirracolo.
Reid. MacNiel.
Campbell. Stark.

Parsons.
Edwards.

Scratches:
Pugliese
Bilecki
Schneider
Schaubel

Injured
Headrick
Anstis

-I’m loading up the top line. After that, I’m throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

-I have Pugliese as one of our three OA’s this year. However, until Swick is dealt, I have him 4th among our current OA’s.

-I have Bilecki as a scratch, but I really don’t want to scratch him. I feel I need to put Stark in but long term, Bilecki just might trump him as a defenseman. I have to wonder if Stark didn’t shoot himself in the foot by wanting to switch to D. He may be in no man’s land now. As a LW, he’s probably in my top nine Friday night.

-Parsons is easily my starter. With our young inexperienced D, we’ll need a veteran presence in net to even things out. Barring injury or trade, I expect him to play around the same amount of games this year as he did last year (51 appearances) if not more.

I Mac 80

Jul 23, 2023
Is Swick healthy and cleared to play? Has he been sent back by Vegas? I know Josh Brown mentioned last week that he was nursing an upper body injury at Vegas’ training camp and I hadn’t seen anything about him been sent back. Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about him.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Is Swick healthy and cleared to play? Has he been sent back by Vegas? I know Josh Brown mentioned last week that he was nursing an upper body injury at Vegas’ training camp and I hadn’t seen anything about him been sent back. Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about him.
I was also curious about this as I thought he may stay there a little longer since he is an OA. I haven't heard either way though.

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023
Fair enough.
Well, based on who’ll be available, here’s my lineup opening night:

Swick. Ellinas. Miseljevic.
Bottineau. Romano. Lam.
Vermeulen. Mercer. Arquette.
Labrash. Hlacar. Cameron.

Andonovski. Dirracolo.
Reid. MacNiel.
Campbell. Stark.

Parsons.
Edwards.

Scratches:
Pugliese
Bilecki
Schneider
Schaubel

Injured
Headrick
Anstis

-I’m loading up the top line. After that, I’m throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

-I have Pugliese as one of our three OA’s this year. However, until Swick is dealt, I have him 4th among our current OA’s.

-I have Bilecki as a scratch, but I really don’t want to scratch him. I feel I need to put Stark in but long term, Bilecki just might trump him as a defenseman. I have to wonder if Stark didn’t shoot himself in the foot by wanting to switch to D. He may be in no man’s land now. As a LW, he’s probably in my top nine Friday night.

-Parsons is easily my starter. With our young inexperienced D, we’ll need a veteran presence in net to even things out. Barring injury or trade, I expect him to play around the same amount of games this year as he did last year (51 appearances) if not more.
Don’t disagree with the lineup, but just wishing we had someone with a bigger offensive toolbelt to play with Romano and Lam. Guess that’s part of a rebuild pain.

Reactions: Gondrex

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
.................-I have Bilecki as a scratch, but I really don’t want to scratch him. I feel I need to put Stark in but long term, Bilecki just might trump him as a defenseman. I have to wonder if Stark didn’t shoot himself in the foot by wanting to switch to D. He may be in no man’s land now. As a LW, he’s probably in my top nine Friday night....................

Yeah, I really agree on your Stark comment. With lack of scoring up front, I just have to think he would be more valuable up there. If / when Andonovski gets moved, this D is really vulnerable in my mind, and maybe already is a bit. Comparatively, there are some really big, experienced D-corps in this league - even pre-deadline.

IMO, Stark up front and acquiring a big inexpensive 05 D-man would at least help this team a bit. Not sure if there is one out there. Not sure how much it would cost, but I have to admit that this concerns me......a lot. In the 2nd half, and even now a bit.

Reactions: RB76
Mar 12, 2009
Rangers don't televise the game it is Rogers. Most of the crew are volunteers and if there isn't enough and not enough cash to do it they won't. Last I looked there are still tickets available
Good thing I blamed Rogers and not the Rangers then, eh?

Maybe they should take some money out of the cooking lady shows, Giovanni Pettiti's show, the dog crap news discussion shows, and the car cruising shows to give to the tv crews for the same amount of Ranger games as we used to get. If they can't afford to do the one thing the channel is actually good for, maybe it should just fold. I guarantee there aren't enough viewers of any of their other programing to make it any more sustainable.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
First game of the season and its not televised. Good job Rogers.

CC, I still see the game shown on the Rogers guide. Did you see this cancellation somewhere else ?
If this is true, it must be a first....at least I can't recall the opening game not being televised. For me, Ranger broadcasts are the one and only reason I get Rogers in the first place.

Reactions: GeoBlue
Mar 12, 2009
CC, I still see the game shown on the Rogers guide. Did you see this cancellation somewhere else ?
If this is true, it must be a first....at least I can't recall the opening game not being televised. For me, Ranger broadcasts are the one and only reason I get Rogers in the first place.
I just looked it up on the TV guide on my tv, and I don't see it listed (just shows regular weeknight programming), or on the Rogers website guide. I hope I'm wrong though.

Edit: I am wrong. I misread the schedule and thought the game was tonight. Ignore my previous posts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad