Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023
Thought Lam and bottineau had a good showing tonight.
Played half the game with 5 defender after Schneider and Macniel got in a fight (might have broken his nose)
Hlacar was looking for a fight on every shift
*Another goal for Weston Cameron
Was at the game. Saw Mac Neil after. Didn’t look any worse for wear. Saw him telling someone he got cut by the Bulldog’s players fingernail.
Pretty decent game against a quality squad. Think Stark has more value up front, but apparently that ship has sailed. No backing down from anyone when things gets physical. Nice to see from a young team. Lam with some amazing dangles. Thought he was our best player up front.
On to the games that mean something!! Go Rangers!

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
You would think that the Blues would want more for Kos and his development. This current situation seems like a waste to me. He would benefit far more here in Kitchener where he would get more playing time, learn a ton from the coaching staff, and get acclimatized to NA hockey. There's certainly opportunity here.

1727008435748.png

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
I've read that some feel that Adam Jiricek could be sent by the Blues to Brantford, which I find interesting.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Running Parsons and Schaubel for the final game all but confirms Kitchener sees the future in Schaubel over Edwards.
It looks that way. We’ll see on opening night. This new 16 year old rule certainly helps Schaubel’s cause.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
With The Soo picking up Cardona from the WHL on waivers, I’m wondering if MM looked at the possibility of picking up this player or was aware he was on waivers?

Sure, his numbers in the Dub have not been that great thus far, but as a seventh overall pick in their draft, he may be have worth picking up to see what he has this year as an 06.

Or was this a behind the scenes orchestration by the agent to get the player to a team that guaranteed him minutes? We would’ve had claim to him ahead of the Soo. Seems like this may have been a missed opportunity?

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
With The Soo picking up Cardona from the WHL on waivers, I’m wondering if MM looked at the possibility of picking up this player or was aware he was on waivers?

Sure, his numbers in the Dub have not been that great thus far, but as a seventh overall pick in their draft, he may be have worth picking up to see what he has this year as an 06.

Or was this a behind the scenes orchestration by the agent to get the player to a team that guaranteed him minutes? We would’ve had claim to him ahead of the Soo. Seems like this may have been a missed opportunity?

seventh overall pick in the us draft, not the main draft. they just pick kids who are willing to show up in that draft in the 1st round, not the best players per say.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I see. Would this US draft be comparable to our U18 draft?
No. They still draft kids that are the same age as their bantam draft, just Americans.

Tbf the first couple years of it were pretty awful. Last couple (23,24) they've been better with picking/signing better players. Still not going to get more than like 5/6 players from each draft. Cardonna was part of the first batch of bad classes.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad