Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If Valentini reports he's getting top 6 minutes eventually if not immediately. I'd love to see him and Romano together.
When I look at how our lines could look with Valentini reporting, that’s where I had him penciled in. Playing the left side with Romano at C and a physical presence like Pugilese at RW to level out the line. As the 2nd line, they’d see a lot of adversity so having that physical presence is vital. Pugliese can chip in with some offence as well.

digicamo

Mar 31, 2023
According to Josh Brown Headrick has a badly fractured wrist and will be out weeks possibly months. That sucks for the young guy. I saw some potential for him for sure. Hopefully he recovers quickly
For us to see him again this season everything will have to go perfect. He’s on the many months side of things right now unfortunately. Wishing him a speedy recovery, he looked great!

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Crap! Thanks for the update though. Looks like we are truly down 3. Thought we'd see Stark back by now, but he has had several concussions now.
Stark is cleared. I wonder if the 2 injury’s push him back up to forward

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Stark is cleared. I wonder if the 2 injury’s push him back up to forward
That’s the issue that I have with a player switching positions from forward to D or from D to forward. Whenever there are issues with the lineup, that guy will be the first player option to be dragged back and forth between forward and D. If they pull Stark back up to forward and then back to D then up to forward then back to D, it could negatively affect his development.

MM said himself on the issue of Stark, wanting to play D, that it’s not a decision to be taken lightly and once you make that decision, you’re married to it. I have a feeling if he has any say, they don’t bring him up to forward temporarily.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Owen Sound went 4-0 in 2022
Kingston went 4-0 in 2021

Owen Sound finished 7th in the conference and got swept in the first round.

Kingston finished 3rd in the conference and lost in the 2nd round.

So it literally means nothing.
Did these teams also win each of those games in a shootout?.....
Literally, that's what was pointed out. No one on this Rangers board is saying they're going to keep this up in regular season. Rangers know it's going to be a tough, learning year. Frankly, finishing 9th would be a blessing when it comes to the draft.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
With there only being 1 pre season game left and the season starting at the ending month there are still some questions

Will MM have the OA situation figured out by the final pre season game (September 21) or start the year with 4?

With Headrick and Anstis possibly out till Christmas. What does it mean for Schaubel?

Will they go out and get a cheap add for an extra body up front (possibly waivers?)

Reactions: Gondrex

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
I don’t think Hedrick and Anstis have anything to do with Schaubel. I believe you can have 4 16 year old plus 1 goalie. I think they have enough players even with Anstis and Headrick out. Just gives more players ice time.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I don’t think Hedrick and Anstis have anything to do with Schaubel. I believe you can have 4 16 year old plus 1 goalie. I think they have enough players even with Anstis and Headrick out. Just gives more players ice time.
No mention of “plus one goalie” in these 16 year old guidelines.

I do know years ago you were allowed an extra 16-year-old as a goalie. But I think that was before they increased the total number of 16-year-olds to four.

East Avenue Bully

Jan 9, 2020
Is there a list anywhere of what Rangers have been invited to NHL training camps?
1000004011.png

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
No mention of “plus one goalie” in these 16 year old guidelines.

I do know years ago you were allowed an extra 16-year-old as a goalie. But I think that was before they increased the total number of 16-year-olds to four.
My understanding on the underage goaltender rule is that they are allowed to be in the lineup for more than ten games. I think they allow thus because often they are only serving as a backup. I am not sure of the number of games but I believe it is fifteen.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
............Will they go out and get a cheap add for an extra body up front (possibly waivers?)

Possibly.
Or maybe we see what happens with any potential import reporting.......or not.

Heck, maybe even both are possibilities.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Will MM have the OA situation figured out by the final pre season game (September 21) or start the year with 4?
I am of the mind that MM may wait until he see how Trent does with the Vegas camp and if they decide to keep him around at the NHL or AHL level for a few extra weeks. This should give MM some time to shop around either Trent (which I find hard to believe since he was given an A, and I don't know why he would be given one only to be traded right away) or one of Missle or Pug.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Did these teams also win each of those games in a shootout?.....
Literally, that's what was pointed out. No one on this Rangers board is saying they're going to keep this up in regular season. Rangers know it's going to be a tough, learning year. Frankly, finishing 9th would be a blessing when it comes to the draft.
Actually...........

5-0 is pretty impressive. Are you fans happy?

Can you remind me…what trophy does the pre-season champ win?🥇🥸
It was the London guy saying you went 5-0, and someone asking what the pre-season champs got.

Sorry to do a little research and fill people in on the last 2 undefeated teams in the pre-season for shits and giggles during the slow time. Carry on with your highly educated chalk talk and dreaming about Valentini showing up.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Rangers #3 goalie Schaubel vs Oster for Oshawa. Team defense kept shots away from Schaubel but Rangers young one seems to be gaining more confidence. Did a great job in the shootout. Should a top team lose a goalie due to injury this season, Parsons could become a trade target and be traded for picks. Edwards and Schaubel would be the tandem....young yes....but Rangers are rebuilding.
Sounds Rangers will carry Parsons and Schaubel to start the season. Edwards is the 3rd. But you are right, if a playoff team loses their goalie, Parsons is probably the first they call.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
That, Schaubel as backup, would throw a wrench into the 16 year old A card possibilities. That, and the long term injuries to Headrick and Anstis.

Is there a date where we have to declare who is on A cards? Could injuries, and possible uncertainty in Parsons spending the year here allow us to hold off a significant period of time before signing the four to A cards?

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Makes sense as they are very high on schaubel and put in work to get him signed away from the BCHL. Writing seemed to be on the wall with them keeping him around as long as they did and getting more preseason starts then Edwards.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Makes sense as they are very high on schaubel and put in work to get him signed away from the BCHL. Writing seemed to be on the wall with them keeping him around as long as they did and getting more preseason starts then Edwards.
Kitchener still has 1 more game correct? Perhaps they give Edwards one more look. Who knows.

If not more than to give him a look to other teams if Schaubel is the future.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Right now the rangers will only have 11 forwards opening night with Headrick, Anstis, and one of Pug/Misaljevic not playing.

* if it’s true Campbell is on the outside looking in, could it be a Campbell for a forward swap?
* Stark is still listed as a forward on the roster page

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad