Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
From thehockeywriters.com
Carson Rehkopf Continues Domination
There’s something about Rehkopf and the WFCU Centre. The 19-year-old Kitchener Rangers’ veteran seems to thrive under the bright lights. In his OHL career, he’s had four goals and three assists in six games with Windsor and seems to be in every scoring opportunity. The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Vaughan native had that same story this week during Summer Showcase.

In the Red-White game, Rehkoph stopped a late three-goal outburst from Team White, scoring the game-winning goal with 27 seconds left as Team Red took a 4-3 win. Nobody was overly surprised, and he kept that momentum going into Wednesday’s game against the Swedes.

Canada had a tough time getting past Swedish goaltender Melker Thelin, who stopped 44 of 46 shots. However, Rehkopf did his thing, adding another goal in the second period and then the game-tying goal with 1:47 left in the third. He got a rare roar from the crowd, who’s used to groaning when he lights the lamp. Unfortunately, the crowd groaned a little bit at the end as the Swedes took a 3-2 win in a shootout. The Canadians dominated the Swedes on the shot clock, 46-21, but Thelin stood tall until Rehkopf’s tying goal.

Whether you’re a Spitfires fan, a Rangers fan, or just a hockey fan, you have to respect what Rehkopf brings to the table. The Kraken prospect has size, intelligence, and a clear nose for the net. With three goals in two games, he’s showing he could be a force for Canada when the real games begin on December 26.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
They most likely will be. Not sure if Mike would want to deal with the Devil, I mean Knights but if they have the best price then he just might.
There will be other teams that need Rehkopf more and will have more draft capital. Teams like Brampton, Brantford, Kingston, Barrie and maybe even Erie will be potential trade destinations for Razor when it’s time. They have way more draft capital too.

London could have room, but London rarely goes for broke on trades, especially for superstars.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
There will be other teams that need Rehkopf more and will have more draft capital. Teams like Brampton, Brantford, Kingston, Barrie and maybe even Erie will be potential trade destinations for Razor when it’s time. They have way more draft capital too.

London could have room, but London rarely goes for broke on trades, especially for superstars.
That was my other thought too. I can't personally remember the last time London went all out for 1 player and used up a large portion of their draft stock.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
John Tavares. Can't recall the cost.
… and Micheal Del Zotto in the same deal. Both very high end in this league.

That was a big one. It was 2 former first round picks, a former second round pick, 4 seconds and 2 thirds.

The deal did also include Del Zotto though so it would essentially be Razor and Ando package to match that trade.
Without looking it up, Valentine and Thomas I believe were the centerpieces.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
That was a big one. It was 2 former first round picks, a former second round pick, 4 seconds and 2 thirds.

The deal did also include Del Zotto though so it would essentially be Razor and Ando package to match that trade.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Would Rehkopf and Andonovski be on the move?
He really has no choice.

We will not contend this year. If we have a good start, we have nothing in the way of picks to trade to improve the team.

Point blank. If he allows those two to graduate as Rangers, it would be grounds for dismissal in my view. After having two very questionable trade deadlines, stubbing his toe for the third time, thus crippling our future, would be unforgivable IMO.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

As much as I would love Kingston to get him- without malholtra committing I don’t think it happens. Kory cooper the gm really screwed up with that.

He really has no choice.

We will not contend this year. If we have a good start, we have nothing in the way of picks to trade to improve the team.

Point blank. If he allows those two to graduate as Rangers, it would be grounds for dismissal in my view. After having two very questionable trade deadlines, stubbing his toe for the third time, thus crippling our future, would be unforgivable IMO.
I think if you guys are planning on going for the M cup the next time it’s in the O’. Gotta trade both of them. And probably swick too as he should get something good too despite being an OA

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
He really has no choice.

The cupboard is nearly bare and it's way overdue to be re-stocked. This season's team will be fun to watch regardless of who is sent for picks. Razor and Ando should bring in some nice hauls.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What’s the starting asking price for Rehkopf? 2024 first, 2-2nds and 2 3rds? Or higher?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
What’s the starting asking price for Rehkopf? 2024 first, 2-2nds and 2 3rds? Or higher?
A ‘24 1st rounder plus multiple 2nds and 3rds is a given. But, if I’m the Rangers, that ‘24 1st rounder has to be, in their opinion, a can’t miss elite player by the time he’s 18 and 19 years old. In other words, as you in London would know, you would rather that 16-year-old 1st rounder coming in exchange be a Connor McMichael type talent instead of, say, a Grayson Ladd type talent (same trade deadline as McMicheal).

For me, if that returning 1st rounder cannot be elite in the neighbourhood that Rehkopf is now, I pass on the ‘24 1st rounder and replace him with multiple 2nds and 3rds to go with the other high picks that would already be included in the deal.

That way, down the road, that elite player can be acquired in trade with those picks.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
A ‘24 1st rounder plus multiple 2nds and 3rds is a given. But, if I’m the Rangers, that ‘24 1st rounder has to be, in their opinion, a can’t miss elite player by the time he’s 18 and 19 years old. In other words, as you in London would know, you would rather that 16-year-old 1st rounder coming in exchange be a Connor McMichael type talent instead of, say, a Grayson Ladd type talent (same trade deadline as McMicheal).

For me, if that returning 1st rounder cannot be elite in the neighbourhood that Rehkopf is now, I pass on the ‘24 1st rounder and replace him with multiple 2nds and 3rds to go with the other high picks that would already be included in the deal.

That way, down the road, that elite player can be acquired in trade with those picks.
Makes sense to me! You gotta think a Rehkopf trade would likely stock your draft cupboard

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Maybe mid-1st ‘08, 2(2nds), 3, 5; maybe an additional pick? O.Beck went for a pick less last season.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Maybe mid-1st ‘08, 2(2nds), 3, 5; maybe an additional pick? O.Beck went for a pick less last season.
Maybe. That return may have been affected by Beck calling his shot. Maybe tack on another pick or two depending on the calibre ‘08 1st, say if the deal was with Oshawa (Brady Smith #17 overall).

But if the deal was with Brantford (#14 O’Donnell), your valuation may be spot on. It was rumored that the Rangers were set to take him in the first round until Brantford scooped him up.

But then, what if Rehkopf calls his shot? That’ll affect return as well.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Maybe. That return may have been affected by Beck calling his shot. Maybe tack on another pick or two depending on the calibre ‘08 1st, say if the deal was with Oshawa (Brady Smith #17 overall).

But if the deal was with Brantford (#14 O’Donnell), your valuation may be spot on. It was rumored that the Rangers were set to take him in the first round until Brantford scooped him up.

Rehkopf would hopefully make the list of teams he would go to greater than two. The rangers could not really accommodate Beck, so Saginaw basically told the Petes what they could get.
I would like to see a top centre say yes to Flint.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
Rehkopf would hopefully make the list of teams he would go to greater than two. The rangers could not really accommodate Beck, so Saginaw basically told the Petes what they could get.
I would like to see a top centre say yes to Flint.
Kitchener was actually the front runner (and Beck’s only choice for a while) for him until Saginaw eventually sold him on their program just prior to that deal getting announced.

Romano was included but apparently some assets would have come back to Kitchener as well (picks).

Reactions: EvenSteven

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Rehkopf is a good ol’ Barrie boy.

If they offer Vaughan no way Kitchener says no. Even if it means less picks

Andovoski to Brantford for a slightly steeper price than McCoy?
If we’re comparing 19 year old years he is absolutely better. Only thing about Ando is he is drafted so it may not be a 2 year thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium