Kitchener Rangers 2021-22 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Yup, Button kept his mouth buttoned during worlds when Sebrango played. He would talk about anyone else but Sebrango. Why? Don't know but I wasn't the only one who caught this.

Question........IF Sebrango left Junior to play in the AHL, could he not be available?...

Pro players are made available at the discretion of their team. Button’s junior hockey knowledge goes about as far as the past world juniors and night 1 of the NHL draft will take him.

I’d be more interested to see what Sam Cosentino or Bob McKenzie or literally anyone else who has a lick of experience covering juniors has to say.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I just posted in the Sarnia board about how Nolet was really starting to show his capabilities before the pandemic hit. I truly believe that you would have had to give up a heck of a lot more for him if there was a season last year as Nolet was heading towards a breakout season. Great skater with a good set of hands on him. Finds lanes and makes great first passes out of the defensive zone. Will join the rush and can make time and space for himself and his teammates. I'm betting that by Christmas you will all be wondering how the hell you got him for a 15th and that's it.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I just posted in the Sarnia board about how Nolet was really starting to show his capabilities before the pandemic hit. I truly believe that you would have had to give up a heck of a lot more for him if there was a season last year as Nolet was heading towards a breakout season. Great skater with a good set of hands on him. Finds lanes and makes great first passes out of the defensive zone. Will join the rush and can make time and space for himself and his teammates. I'm betting that by Christmas you will all be wondering how the hell you got him for a 15th and that's it.

I’m sure it’s conditional based on the league playing X amount of games or whatever and then it will get bumped up to something else. Probably going to see a lot of conditional picks given that there’s still some uncertainty.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I’m sure it’s conditional based on the league playing X amount of games or whatever and then it will get bumped up to something else. Probably going to see a lot of conditional picks given that there’s still some uncertainty.
Yet you would think the trade would say a 15th and a conditional whatever. At any rate, it's a step that was predicted to take place. And I hope we do wonder how we got him for a 15th!

Reactions: MatthewsMoustache

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

Assuming this is true, and also that Dickerson will be the odd man out of the OA group, the Rangers now have 11 forwards (Pinelli, McDonnell, Petizian, Valade, Langdon, Serpa, Fishman, Sop, Martin, LeBlanc, Swick) and 5 d-men (Xhekaj, Motew, Schmidt, LeBlanc, Nolet).

I’d say that probably leaves Andonovski and Mercer to fill those final 2 spots, but they are going to need some injury insurance.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Takeaways from Josh Brown’s article today:

- All 4 OAs expected to be at camp as of now
- Mesar still seems out for this season
- MM acting as if Sebrango moving on is a done deal
- Arber Xhekaj invited to Montreal Canadiens rookie camp, Simon Motew invited to Nashville Predators.

Reactions: JoelKRangers

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017

Assuming this is true, and also that Dickerson will be the odd man out of the OA group, the Rangers now have 11 forwards (Pinelli, McDonnell, Petizian, Valade, Langdon, Serpa, Fishman, Sop, Martin, LeBlanc, Swick) and 5 d-men (Xhekaj, Motew, Schmidt, LeBlanc, Nolet).

I’d say that probably leaves Andonovski and Mercer to fill those final 2 spots, but they are going to need some injury insurance.

Truly sucks that Sebrango is gone....for us....for him, great opportunity. There will be other teams losing key players as well.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Truly sucks that Sebrango is gone....for us....for him, great opportunity. There will be other teams losing key players as well.

Yes in the West,

Perfetti - Saginaw
Perrault -Sarnia
Foudy -Windsor
Drysdale- Erie
O'Rourke - SSM

In the East ,
Wisdom- Kingston
Byfield - Sudbury
Forester - Barrie

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener

Not sure how true this is. Especially as Brown, in the same breath, says............

Justin Nolet acquisition gives the Rangers some depth on D - up to six now, Sebrango (as long as he doesn't go to AHL), Schmidt, Xhekaj, Motew, LeBlanc. I'd expect at least one more addition/signing.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
You guys absolutely stole Nolet. He plays like TJ brodie …smooth skating puck mover that defends well.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
And all of these players deserve to stay up there. They all showed over an abbreviated season that they can hang in the pros.

They all showed over an abbreviated season that they can hang in the pros, pros that had probably each AHL team’s top line, top pairing D, and top goaltender sitting on Taxi squads in the NHL.

Once life returns to normal in the AHL, perhaps some of these players find the way back to the OHL.

Ranger77

Dec 29, 2014
So, is it safe to assume that our first pick (Carson Rehkopf) and our import picks are not showing up this year? Seems like a big miss!

Reactions: EvenSteven

Mein Yak

Jan 5, 2019
I personally believe that Mesar will come here. I think this took us a while to get Carson Rehkopf to come here was because of the concerns that we might not play a season due to Covid. I think that Mesar is doing something similar and is trying to stay face with Europe and just waiting for us to announce camp. This also lets Mesar play meaningful hockey games while waiting for us to start camp. And I’m willing to bet that the moment camp opens up Mesar will be in the red white and blue in the auditorium this coming fall.

Reactions: RichieRice

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I personally believe that Mesar will come here. I think this took us a while to get Carson Rehkopf to come here was because of the concerns that we might not play a season due to Covid. I think that Mesar is doing something similar and is trying to stay face with Europe and just waiting for us to announce camp. This also lets Mesar play meaningful hockey games while waiting for us to start camp. And I’m willing to bet that the moment camp opens up Mesar will be in the red white and blue in the auditorium this coming fall.
Camp is September 4th so Mesar better hurry up and change his mind. He has lots of time ahead to "play hockey with men". Now's the time to strut your stuff in Junior and be seen regularly by scouts. And selfishly, I hope that the Griffins have enough D that they send Sebrango back for a great season here. Maybe Detroit will see it the same way during their camp.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
So, is it safe to assume that our first pick (Carson Rehkopf) and our import picks are not showing up this year? Seems like a big miss!
B O O M!!!!

In all honesty, I suspect the Rehkopfs may have looked at the covid situation here in Ontario vs the delta breaking in the USA. Plus add in the ease of the drive from Barrie to Kitchener with the border to the USA still being closed, I suspect this was almost a no-brainer for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad