Kirk Luedeke NEHJ Prospect Review

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Not sure if this is sarcasm, you are trying to be funny, or trying to get a dig in?

To be clear, Cassidy didn't like Knight, Camara, and a few others, and IMO didn't do right by them, but the players he did like were golden. And it was Clode who messed up Sobotka, Butch had nothing to do with that :laugh: Dan seems to think that Cassidy will be a changed man under DS and JP, but I'm not so sure. Leopards don't change their spots.

At any rate, this conversation has zero to do with the B's latest prospect rankings. If you would like to continue this discussion, feel free to PM me rather than clutter the thread.
Trying to be funny.
Not sure how a Forum contributor could affect a prospect.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
No. But I say that because I put little stock into the HF rankings and disagree with most of them. They still have Pastrnak as a 7.5C. Zboril (8.0B) in my mind is not a better defenseman than Provorov (8.0C). Heinens rank should have changed as well.

Just a guess on my part, but I would think that the B for Zboril is only there, as opposed to the C on Provo because of the "Russian Factor"? Seems dumb to me as they both came over and played Junior, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Personally, I had Provo rated higher than Zboril.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Just a guess on my part, but I would think that the B for Zboril is only there, as opposed to the C on Provo because of the "Russian Factor"? Seems dumb to me as they both came over and played Junior, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Personally, I had Provo rated higher than Zboril.

Never thought to consider the Russian factor, you could be right though. Kind of sad but I guess it makes sense when gauging likelihood of reaching NHL potential.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
There are two places you go to if you want Bruins prospect info . Kirk or Dom . Also guys like Mick and Mark are great for Providence stuff .

Dan, Joe and Artemis are must reads as well on the prospect threads IMO.

I'll quote this just to echo your sentiments.

We have an embarrassment of riches on the Bruins Board with people with an inside angle and other great posters with an eye for talent and unbiased opinions.

I trust their eyes and ears over the HF rankings. That's not to belittle HF though as it's a great tool for reading up on prospects, but like any research it's always good to base your opinion on a collective group of information than one person's view.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'll quote this just to echo your sentiments.

We have an embarrassment of riches on the Bruins Board with people with an inside angle and other great posters with an eye for talent and unbiased opinions.

I trust their eyes and ears over the HF rankings. That's not to belittle HF though as it's a great tool for reading up on prospects, but like any research it's always good to base your opinion on a collective group of information than one person's view.

We really do. As far as I'm concerned Kirk is the pioneer of making the NHL Draft what it is for a lot of us. I missed out on seeing Kirk one day when he as scouting Delbarton HS in NJ years and years ago.. Not many in the game like him.

Then we have Dom and the OHL..and really has contacts everywhere. I know more OHL players thanks to him then I know major league baseball players.

And both are class acts and politely and freely answer your questions on guys.

Mark D and Mick are great with Providence guys...as is neelynugs..

Then you have the crew here I mentioned that watches a heck of a lot of minor league games.. Marchand's only fan on this board was Artemis willhe was going scoreless in 20...Look at some of those old trade proposals with Marchand as a throw in.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
We really do. As far as I'm concerned Kirk is the pioneer of making the NHL Draft what it is for a lot of us. I missed out on seeing Kirk one day when he as scouting Delbarton HS in NJ years and years ago.. Not many in the game like him.

Then we have Dom and the OHL..and really has contacts everywhere. I know more OHL players thanks to him then I know major league baseball players.

And both are class acts and politely and freely answer your questions on guys.

Mark D and Mick are great with Providence guys...as is neelynugs..

Then you have the crew here I mentioned that watches a heck of a lot of minor league games.. Marchand's only fan on this board was Artemis willhe was going scoreless in 20...Look at some of those old trade proposals with Marchand as a throw in.

Kirk is an absolute all-star when it comes to local players and overall hockey knowledge. He's forgotten more about hockey and prospects than I will ever know. His blog post on Lauzon is fantastic and one that I share with a ton of my friends as he's also my sleeper pick from this last draft.

I've routinely asked Dom before each draft for his opinions and some players I should look into. Two months before the last one he told me to keep an eye on this kid from the Greyhounds named Zachary Senyshyn who I had yet to really hear anything about. Sure enough he was on the Bruin's radar as well! Just a great and poster with so much insight into the OHL.

Our Providence guys are awesome, they routinely pick guys out of that baby B's lineup that they think will have good NHL careers and it's scary how accurate they are.

As for the rest of the 10 or so posters I enjoy reading, seek out and just genuinely enjoy debating/discussing hockey with, all I can say is compared to some of the other boards we are very lucky. Sometimes you just have to sift through 20 some pages of white noise but the gems these posters leave and the insight and knowledge they share is unmeasurable.

toomanymen

Sep 24, 2005
Ross Brooks gives his blessings!
I can understand his consternation re: Rinaldo but as we've seen before sometimes a player like his needs a change of scenery to change his style. If in a few months he can't prove his value killing more penalties than he gets he'll be moved IMO. He (Rinaldo) can't be as dumb as he sounds and must know that doing stupid stuff all the time is frowned upon but getting the other team to respond to his needling will be how he'll prove his worth, that and smashing Habs into the boards will (if he plays it smart) will make him a fan favorite IMO.

No. He is. A penalty and an injury for someone waiting to happen.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
I would also like to give some tribute to the Big guys here on knowledge, contacts and scouting. While I know neither is much for getting attention I just liked to tell you how much I for one have come to appreciate so many here. We go back a long way and at risk of course of forgetting many, I want you to know you are all very appreciated in expressing your opinion.

I think I read Kirk Leudeke's scouting reports even before HF Boards started. I know Dan & Wally was along and many more who followed over here since.

Dan is a favorite of mine. Dan says it like it is whether you like it or not. If he had been a hockey player he'd be like one of my all-time favs-Derek Sanderson. But make no mistake about it. Dan knows hockey and has more inside outside Bruins organization. I respect Dan very much. While not being as polished, if I may used that word, as Kirk and Dom, Dan gets through.

Dominic is of course invaluable with his excellent hockey-know-how and nobody know's OHL better. He is probably the best also at knowing the salary cap and the rules within NHL-NHLPA. He mentioned Zach Seshynsky very early in this season and I started follow this kid a little extra. So I was very excited when he was drafted. Dom is well known in Canadian hockey circuit. When I was attending World Jrs in Malmö, Sweden last year. I stayed at the same hotel as many of the 3000 Canadian fans and I really appreciated every one of them. Many, especially in the Ontario area, knew Dominic and it was only rave reviews all over for Dom.

Now Kirk is a special person. Not only his hockey knowledge but serving his country in far away foreign world like Afganistan and still not missing a beat on prospect scouting opinions is by far the most impressive any body has accomplished.

I will also notify that going back many years Kirk has showed to have a very good feel for what the Bruins are interested in and who to forget. It would take up too much space here for all years.
This is from my notes by reading and talking to Kirk the last three years. Forgive me, Kirk, if I missed out on someone. I have in the back of my mind that you had Anton Blidh, but, I'm not sure. He was not even in NHL Central Scouting Service DataBase.

2013-Linus Arnesson, Peter Cehlarik, Ryan Fitzgerald, Wiley Sherman. (Anton Blidh). In order too.
2014-David Pastrnak, Ryan Donato, Anders Bjork.
2015-Jakub Zboril, Jake DeBrusk, Zach Senyshyn, Brandon Carlo, Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Jeremy Lauzon, Jesse Gabrielle, Cam Hughes. I think you had Daniel Vladar too.

It's an amazing accomplishment. Couldn't agree more than what Dom said about Kirk should be hired by NHL team.
To clock these guys when Bruins are drafting 14-60 with their first choice is unbeleivable. I especially remember 2013 but 2015 to pick Senyshyn and Lauzon is awesome.

I know there are many others like NeelyNugs, Alan Ryan, Mike, Mark etc I appreciate and thank you all.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
So all along I thought it was Cassidy who turned on the players and mistreated them, but actually it has been you and DKH that have caused all the problems with Sobotka and Knight.

Cassidy was used as a misdirection in Knight's blame game. Like a magic trick the focus was put on Cassidy to keep the attention away from Knight's failure.

The trick was successful since a good amount of sheep fell for it.

Cassidy was suppose to be fired for what ? 4 years now...
Eventually he will be fire,but not for what some posters want people to believe.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Cassidy was used as a misdirection in Knight's blame game. Like a magic trick the focus was put on Cassidy to keep the attention away from Knight's failure.

The trick was successful since a good amount of sheep fell for it.

Cassidy was suppose to be fired for what ? 4 years now...
Eventually he will be fire,but not for what some posters want people to believe.

So how do you explain Knights improvement in Iowa when given actual ice time .

And you are ok with old AHL FA and ECHLers getting ice time over developing Bruins draft picks in game situations ?

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
So how do you explain Knights improvement in Iowa when given actual ice time .

And you are ok with old AHL FA and ECHLers getting ice time over developing Bruins draft picks in game situations ?

It's just a bit ridiculous. Some of those names, where did we find them? Local beer league?

trudatman*

sure...

let's say the top nine ends up like this:

BEL/KRE/ERI
MAR/BER/HAY
KEL/SPO/PAS

which guys listed are going to end up HIGHER than the top nine? is there a line zero to be employed this season? the fourth line dudes aren't going to like that.

trudatman*

I don't think I can spell it out in any plainer English, but I'll try: he certain said guys will be in the top nine or higher. I'm not sure any players he listed will make it into the top nine, but I'm positive none will be somehow listed higher than the top nine. do depth charts have player zeroes?

I think you already understood and are playing somehow dumber than usual to support your previous post.

Zac Rinaldo*

apart from heinen having an nhl motor and some sweet hands, i've got to say- the boy's got the potential for a fine head of hockey hair. imo, he's 8.5 B in terms of his future hockey hair, #1 in the organization by my amateur ranking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad