Pre-Game Talk: This is me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1685747489977484.jpg

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Game 5 will be ridiculously tough for the Oilers to win. Florida will have last change, an excited crowd behind them, and they will be HIGHLY motivated to end the series. They won’t want to go back to Edmonton for a game 6. We are going to see them at their best. We’ll honestly need some luck, on top of strong play from everyone. If we can push it to 6, you have to figure that creeping doubt will get in their heads.

I’m happy with the season. I’m appreciative that they’ve got this far. I’m happy we didn’t get swept in the final. I don’t want to get my hopes up when it’s still such a long shot, but if we can gut out a tough win in game 5, we’ll have a legit chance to take the whole thing.
We wait.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Game 5 will be ridiculously tough for the Oilers to win. Florida will have last change, an excited crowd behind them, and they will be HIGHLY motivated to end the series. They won’t want to go back to Edmonton for a game 6. We are going to see them at their best. We’ll honestly need some luck, on top of strong play from everyone. If we can push it to 6, you have to figure that creeping doubt will get in their heads.

I’m happy with the season. I’m appreciative that they’ve got this far. I’m happy we didn’t get swept in the final. I don’t want to get my hopes up when it’s still such a long shot, but if we can gut out a tough win in game 5, we’ll have a legit chance to take the whole thing.
We wait.
I think moneypuck.com chances only went up from 9 to 12%.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

We wait.
My hope is that it partially works against Florida. There is a seed of doubt planted, and rather than get right back at it they have two full days off to build tension.

Anyway, all these games feel like coin flips and so far FLA has had the bigger share of fortune in this series.

I think moneypuck.com chances only went up from 9 to 12%.
They had us at 9% down 0-3? :O

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I would chuckle if the theatrics of Florida backfired penalty wise now that it has a public presence. It's been commented on by at least some media, so it must be bad. It likely won't, but it could.

I think they've put themselves in a position where the officials just won't factor in the "injury" component of any sort of penalty call or review for them anymore. This is three times now.

To be honest, I was stunned that the refs didn't take the bait on Bennett, because 9 times out of 10 the refs get fooled by even the most obvious gamesmanship. I was sitting straight across from the benches, and the exact moment the referee called for a review Bennett sprinted to the room. I don't know if it showed on TV or not, but he could not have been moving much faster than he was for a guy with a knee "injury."

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

We wait.

You need luck some luck to win most games in the playoffs. We didn't get much, if any, in games 1 and 3, and then got a bunch in game 4. Hockey is determined by luck a LOT more than most people, especially huge hockey fans, want to admit.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
You need luck some luck to win most games in the playoffs. We didn't get much, if any, in games 1 and 3, and then got a bunch in game 4. Hockey is determined by luck a LOT more than most people, especially huge hockey fans, want to admit.

The uncomfortable truth every fan of this sport just kinda pretends not to notice is that isolated to individual game samples, the team with the better performing goalie is almost always the team that wins.

Reactions: BlackDogg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad