Confirmed with Link: Kirill Marchenko signs 3 year, 3.85M AAV

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
PuckPedia is too slow, so he's going to be an RFA still at the end of this? One year left of team control?

Good deal again regardless, kind of a compromise on both sides for sure. Not sure if I'd take a 5x5 instead, maybe a toss up or maybe this is slightly better.

Seedtype

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Friggin' awesome. I did not want to start having hard feelings with Marchenko.

LET'S GO JACKETS

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Sounds like a good deal for the team. Hope Marchenko is satisfied. Wonder what the breakdown is.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Another solid move by GMDW. Hard to argue with his approach and moves thus far. Really nice to have positive thoughts on CBJ again. Bailed on Season Tix (one of the last day 1 holders) but couldn't afford the price doubling in my section. Will be watching every game and still go to some and now with renewed energy. GMDW buying a little street cred with me.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
PuckPedia is too slow, so he's going to be an RFA still at the end of this? One year left of team control? Yes

Good deal again regardless, kind of a compromise on both sides for sure. Not sure if I'd take a 5x5 instead, maybe a toss up or maybe this is slightly better.
One year of RFA left at end of deal, at which point, it will be obvious (hopefully) to sign him for 8 at the right $.

NIce job by D-Wad on all the RFAs so far. Don't imagine he'll screw up Silly's.

PS> I'm not sure they are faster but have you tried CapWages - NHL Salary Cap Data

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Do we know the aav by year yet? I doubt it is important for QO puroses but just curious.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I was 99% sure this would get done before a hearing because I didn't see a benefit to Millstein/Marchenko taking that far if they wanted long term. I'm glad to see I was right.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Another good and safe deal. AAV assumes some development but nothing unrealistic, and 3 years is enough to see what peak Marchenko is like. And he'll still be rfa after it expires, so no ufa risk.

Great start for Waddell

Reactions: Seedtype

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Good shit.

Had me worried for a bit, but this should light a fire under his ass for his next deal.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
One year of RFA left at end of deal, at which point, it will be obvious (hopefully) to sign him for 8 at the right $.

NIce job by D-Wad on all the RFAs so far. Don't imagine he'll screw up Silly's.

PS> I'm not sure they are faster but have you tried CapWages - NHL Salary Cap Data
Marchenko falls into that odd category for guys with a July to Sept 15 birthday in that he turns 27 in 2027, but per CBA rules is only 26 as of July 1 that year, thus doesn't meet the qualifications of 4 accrued seasons and age 27 by July 1. He has the accrued seasons and he'll have 5 by then in the NHL, but it's the age thing. Robertson in Dallas the same thing. August birthday for him, thus his 4 year deal also takes him to the year he turns 27, but again, only 26 as of July 1 and he would have 6 NHL seasons under his belt.

You don't see teams do a 2nd contract that takes the player right to UFA. Only if they do a 3rd one following a bridge like for Roslovic.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Another low risk/high return deal by Waddell. I'm not sold on Marchenko like many others are but this seems like about as low as the CBJ could go to get something done.

Sillinger should be child's play for the front office now. 3rd line centers need not rock the boat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad