Value of: Kirill Kaprizov

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Anyway, where does Jarvis + Nikishin get us. A laugh and a hang-up? Somewhat interesting?

then it looks like he walks like panarind did. win-win for everyone.
He walks, he gets 7 years. There is benefit for a team to trade for him, getting the 8th year to keep the cap hit down.

$13M x 8 = $104M. To get under 7 years, a team would have to go to $14.9M per.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
What we think and talk about on here has no bearing on his trade value.

And even if it's known around the league that he's 100% not staying in Minnesota, other teams will still have to pay for him if they want him, and they're still competing against everyone else who wants him to build the best package.

Like I said, go start your own thread if you want to create your own scenario. At this point, you're just trolling this one.
If you want to use theoreticals, why not just use one where he wins the hart trophy and scores 200 points and then ask what his trade value is.

I'm answering about what his trade value would likely be. If you want to throw in unlikely hypotheticals to jack up his value and make yourself feel better about the possibility of him leaving (which he won't, he'll get an absolutely massive extension).

Also to your to reply to that other person. Teams are not competing with everyone else who wants him. Because again, he has a FULL NMC. They are competing with whatever shortlist of teams Kirill is willing to waive for

Another Tkachuk for Weegar/Hunerdeau type deal. They’re not going to trade him for futures
Kaprizov is more of the huberdeau in this type of deal

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If you want to use theoreticals, why not just use one where he wins the hart trophy and scores 200 points and then ask what his trade value is.

Third time's a charm? Go create your own thread if you want to create your own scenario.

The question was posed, with an extension, what would your team give up for him. It doesn't really matter how likely or not you think that scenario is, it's irrelevant to this thread, which is about what he gets with an extension.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I'm answering about what his trade value would likely be. If you want to throw in unlikely hypotheticals to jack up his value and make yourself feel better about the possibility of him leaving (which he won't, he'll get an absolutely massive extension).

Also to your to reply to that other person. Teams are not competing with everyone else who wants him. Because again, he has a FULL NMC. They are competing with whatever shortlist of teams Kirill is willing to waive for

Kaprizov is more of the huberdeau in this type of deal
You're talking about something that hasn't happened in 30 years. We're talking about something that has happened in the last 5. It is not the same.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Third time's a charm? Go create your own thread if you want to create your own scenario.

The question was posed, with an extension, what would your team give up for him. It doesn't really matter how likely or not you think that scenario is, it's irrelevant to this thread, which is about what he gets with an extension.
Alright, add something for an extension. And take it right back away for the fact that he has a full NMC limiting his value.

Why should I, as another team, pay minnesota extra because he wants to sign with me and not you.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Anyway, where does Jarvis + Nikishin get us. A laugh and a hang-up? Somewhat interesting?

He walks, he gets 7 years. There is benefit for a team to trade for him, getting the 8th year to keep the cap hit down.

$13M x 8 = $104M. To get under 7 years, a team would have to go to $14.9M per.
that won't be a dealbreaker. if you think he is goner in 2 years, a bargain deal is what you will get for him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Alright, add something for an extension. And take it right back away for the fact that he has a full NMC limiting his value.

Why should I, as another team, pay minnesota extra because he wants to sign with me and not you.

Because even if we pretend that you're the only team he wants to sign with, by trading for him and extending him, you get to offer him an 8th year, which contrary to what you believe, is valuable for an NHL GM who will use that 8th year to lower the AAV of the first 7 years.

But that's going off your assumption that you're the only team he wants to sign with, which is no more correct than my assumption that there are other teams he'd extend with, that you'd be competing against in a trade.

Go ahead and finally make an offer if you want him in NJ, otherwise I still have no idea why you're even in this thread in the first place.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It’s easy to see him ending up in Sunny Isles. He has very good instincts but still, he scores a lot on the perimeter. That could dry up eventually.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It’s easy to see him ending up in Sunny Isles. He has very good instincts but still, he scores a lot on the perimeter. That could dry up eventually.

This is a shot map of all the goals he scored at 5v5 last year lol

1720911396818.png

I'm so certain now that outside of the Minnesota fans in this thread, there are exactly 2 other people who even know who Kirill Kaprizov is, let alone know anything about him

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
This is a shot map of all the goals he scored at 5v5 last year lol

View attachment 894756

I'm so certain now that outside of the Minnesota fans in this thread, there are exactly 2 other people who even know who Kirill Kaprizov is, let alone know anything about him

Yes, everyone else is waiting to see what Minnesotans do for guidance. You and your brethren and their secret handshakes have it nailed.

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
He has full NMC so his value is not that high. He won't waive his NMC for a bad team because the whole point of leaving Minnesota is to sign with a contender.
Maybe something like 1st and 2nd + a few meh prospects from someone like Vegas.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Because even if we pretend that you're the only team he wants to sign with, by trading for him and extending him, you get to offer him an 8th year, which contrary to what you believe, is valuable for an NHL GM who will use that 8th year to lower the AAV of the first 7 years.

But that's going off your assumption that you're the only team he wants to sign with, which is no more correct than my assumption that there are other teams he'd extend with, that you'd be competing against in a trade.

Go ahead and finally make an offer if you want him in NJ, otherwise I still have no idea why you're even in this thread in the first place.
You know a team can sign him for 8 years at any point after acquiring him right? Eg, Bo Horvat, Jonathan Huberdeau, Noah Hanifin etc etc

The only time you need to have an extension in place to get the 8th year is trades like the Damon Severson trade to CBJ. (This is the only occurrence of this), where, since you cannot sign a UFA you don't own for 8 years, NJD signed Damon Severson for 8 years, then traded him immediately for a 3rd.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yes, everyone else is waiting to see what Minnesotans do for guidance. You and your brethren and their secret handshakes have it nailed.
You got clowned with facts. Sit down.

He has full NMC so his value is not that high. He won't waive his NMC for a bad team because the whole point of leaving Minnesota is to sign with a contender.
Maybe something like 1st and 2nd + a few meh prospects from someone like Vegas.
That’s not even remotely close.

Reactions: Guttersniped

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You know a team can sign him for 8 years at any point after acquiring him right? Eg, Bo Horvat, Jonathan Huberdeau, Noah Hanifin etc etc

The only time you need to have an extension in place to get the 8th year is trades like the Damon Severson trade to CBJ. (This is the only occurrence of this), where, since you cannot sign a UFA you don't own for 8 years, NJD signed Damon Severson for 8 years, then traded him immediately for a 3rd.

So as with most of your posts, this has nothing to do with what I actually said, you kinda seem to just be having your own conversation regardless of what anyone else says.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Kaprizov staying eats into that cap flexibility. He's going to be the highest paid NHL player if/when he re-signs.
And yet it’s the stars like him that get paid huge contracts and carry their teams far in the playoffs. Of course he will eat into that flexibility, it comes down to young affordable talent and supplemental moves through trade and free agency. Thinking we need to move on from Kap because of how big his contract will be is a losers mentality. He plays the game right, cup winning teams have well built teams around superstars. The real question is can Bill G get us there. Time will tell and with the cap restrictions mostly going away, it’s time to put up or shut up. I’m excited for the opportunity, this team is well positioned imo.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
So as with most of your posts, this has nothing to do with what I actually said, you kinda seem to just be having your own conversation regardless of what anyone else says.
Then what the f*** are you talking about with 8 years and an extension required from minnesota

If I trade for Kirill Kaprizov, I can then negotiate with him any time I want after that throughout the entire year and offer an 8 year contract. Just like Huberdeau, Horvat, and Hanifin, and so many others.

The only scenario that you NEED to involve the original team is in the scenario where Kaprizov plays out his last year under contract in minnesota. In that case, like the Severson scenario, a sign and trade is necessary in order to ensure the 8th year. You must own the players rights at the time of the trade deadline in order to offer 8 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad