Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov (Part 3)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It’s funny how his line gets such great movement and results at even strength, then stays stationary on the PP. You would think some coach would figure it out.

keeneyedobserver

Mar 5, 2014
Yes! he's worked himself into game shape now. Looks like the Kirill of last year again.

He’s a horse…..just watch for the puck to appear if you’re out there with him.

Attachments

• 506A9EA6-8D23-4583-9107-12AB78ACBC86.jpeg
    506A9EA6-8D23-4583-9107-12AB78ACBC86.jpeg
    330.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I am intrigued by his pants. Never seen anything like them. Look custom with some type of plastic or carbon fiber hard uppers around his back and hips. Likely protects him in scenarios like he did on his first goal where he’s giving the defender his back. Does it several times a game. Then he just wears the matching team shell over the top.

Between those and Fiala’s tape job, something I haven’t seen in my 30+ years of being involved or watching hockey.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I am intrigued by his pants. Never seen anything like them. Look custom with some type of plastic or carbon fiber hard uppers around his back and hips. Likely protects him in scenarios like he did on his first goal where he’s giving the defender his back. Does it several times a game. Then he just wears the matching team shell over the top.

Between those and Fiala’s tape job, something I haven’t seen in my 30+ years of being involved or watching hockey.

The heck you talkin bout?

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Minnesota fans, are you hapy? You have a superstar
Totally happy. The guy had a slow start for reasons I can pontificate about, but he has just been all over, sometimes in subtle ways, and just keeps putting points up.

Sometimes he does too much but hey, it's hard to be mad at him.

Reactions: Bread4Life

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Is Kaprizov our best player ever?
You know I DO think it's closer than some maybe think between him and Gabby (for those who are old enough to have REALLY watched prime Gabby) but Kap is more dynamic and therefore I do think he is our best over.

PMB is always one of those 'the one that got away' guys for me, although he didn't 'get away'. Injury, concussion, imo not enough Minors time (and too much NHL time) messed with his development path. He was a VERY talented player. He was supremely skilled and a great skater. Kaprizov would still be better than him but man, he had such a potential.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I'd say Gabby was the most electrifying, "get you out of your seat" player ever in Wild history. His acceleration and hands were world class entertainment. We had him 18-26, so a different slice of his career than KK.

KK is a much more complete player than Gabby though. I don't think KK has needed much coaching, and he excels at the game in multiple ways. Granted, the Wild were given a finished product. Potential to show even more.

Hard to say really who is better. MG played over a 1000 NHL games, won a Cup, was an All-Star.

Time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digitalbooya

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You know I DO think it's closer than some maybe think between him and Gabby (for those who are old enough to have REALLY watched prime Gabby) but Kap is more dynamic and therefore I do think he is our best over.

PMB is always one of those 'the one that got away' guys for me, although he didn't 'get away'. Injury, concussion, imo not enough Minors time (and too much NHL time) messed with his development path. He was a VERY talented player. He was supremely skilled and a great skater. Kaprizov would still be better than him but man, he had such a potential.
Kaprizov is the most skilled player we've ever had, and is probably the best all around as well, he's a much more "complete" player than Gaborik was.

PMB - he didn't feel the game well for all the skill he had. That left him open to getting hit. Most of the top players in the league tend to be elusive. Kaprizov is elusive. For as skilled as PMB was, he wasn't very elusive and that's why he got hit so much and that's why he feared the high percentage areas and limited himself to the perimeter.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Kaprizov is the most skilled player we've ever had, and is probably the best all around as well, he's a much more "complete" player than Gaborik was.

PMB - he didn't feel the game well for all the skill he had. That left him open to getting hit. Most of the top players in the league tend to be elusive. Kaprizov is elusive. For as skilled as PMB was, he wasn't very elusive and that's why he got hit so much and that's why he feared the high percentage areas and limited himself to the perimeter.

I agree with all that, as I said..

Reactions: TaLoN

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Been thinking he might probally be traded in the next two years. Shits gonna get ugly fast.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

I still remember when PMB's face was driven into the boards by Bfuglyien. There was no call(should've been), but it's like he was naive and unprepared for the hit. And he was WAY less strong than Kap. Skilled player, though. He would have done better in today's game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad