Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Thanks.

Some people think that players are some kind of machines. Recovering to 100% after they are welded back together. They are human and unless one has gone through the experience, it may be hard to understand.

All you can do with Dach is to play him and encourage him. He will get better and better until the knee is no longer in his concious.

For the record, last spring, I also thought that those knees are fixed and off we go, but then my accident happen and I can see how what I felt/feel is not much different. To top it off, no 220 pound defenseman is trying to rearrange parts of my body, or i slamming into one, something that Dach is getting or doing every game.

Let's just hope that time heels him and we get back the Dach of early last season.
Injuries play on each person differently. Look at Carey Price in his final seasons. He’s looked uninspired during most of the regular seasons and when the playoffs came, it looked like he was a different person. I think a lot of that was the mentality he had when it came to maintaining his injuries in the regular season vs the playoffs. It looked like mentally whatever was holding him back threw the regular season disappeared when there was something to play for. I think it’s going to be a tough journey for Dach. He’s young and he already has a laundry list of injuries. And I’m sure he knows at this point that his career could be a short one if that trend continues. That has to be on his mind when he’s playing. Hopefully he can figure it out because if he hits his potential, he can help turn this rebuild around quick. He’s not as bad as he’s played the last month.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Lshap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad