Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Just like Xhekaj, he needs time. And patience.

They both got big injuries and need time to find their groove back.
I was hoping for a better start for him but this isn’t unexpected. I still think at the end of the day, Kirby will chalk up 50 points for us.

But it may be back ended a little bit. He hasn’t played regularly since March of 2023. That’s a long time.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The 3rd period was a lot better, too bad Newhook couldn't finish that beauty play; it might have made a difference on his confidence going into next game.

He does have the same problem as the rest of the roster though and it's too much coasting, not enough engaging with the body, and too much reliance on digging with the stick.

Get the feet moving, get the body in, and then use the stick.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
The 3rd period was a lot better, too bad Newhook couldn't finish that beauty play; it might have made a difference on his confidence going into next game.

He does have the same problem as the rest of the roster though and it's too much coasting, not enough engaging with the body, and too much reliance on digging with the stick.

Get the feet moving, get the body in, and then use the stick.
I don't like his body language some times. Often he has the puck, makes space for himself, and then looks as though he doesn't know what to do with it, so forces a pass that doesn't work.

I am hopeful because this is not what he looked like two years ago. For whatever reason, he is making bad decisions with the puck. I will attribute it for now to his timing being off due to the injury.

The habs need him to get on his game.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Stop the cross crease passes through the high slot , we already have Slaf refusing to shoot and only looking for the cross crease , one of them needs to shoot

Reactions: Andy

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He got a lot better as the game went on which was good to see. He is not going to magically flip a switch and look like his old self, so hopefully he can build off the end of last night's game and work his way back to looking like he did pre-injury.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't like his body language some times. Often he has the puck, makes space for himself, and then looks as though he doesn't know what to do with it, so forces a pass that doesn't work.

I am hopeful because this is not what he looked like two years ago. For whatever reason, he is making bad decisions with the puck. I will attribute it for now to his timing being off due to the injury.

Probably annoyed Armia is off in the corner standing still.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013

He telegraphs his passes so badly. He needs to threaten with his shot, even if only to be a more successful playmaker.

Reactions: zx81

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad